[SCRIPT] BenCo System Override Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ben2006
x3

Post by Ben2006 » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 19:27

Ikaruga wrote:With an Argon COlosus it might be impossible but with the M7 it is a cakewalk, trust me !! 8)

That's why I think ships bigger than M3 should not be able to use it. What do you think ?
So in other words, there is a built-in constraint where large capital ships are not appropriate for the task, even though they are real tempting to use because of their shield protection etc. This is also part of a learning experience by the player. Taking this option and experience away, may not be in the best interest of the player though. See, these are tries or attempts and attempts cost credits, etc. My goal is not to create a "cheat" weapon and narrow it's possible application or implementation possibilities down to perfect circumstance before it can be used by the player. A wide range of possibilities are better. :wink:

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 20:31

well i tryed with an M3 and still had some issues...any thing from M3/2/4 or bigger starts to get tricky and you still got to deal with the other patrols and what not fireing at ya...I like it the way it is...its still a challenge (M7 i dont use cus i dont want to loose it)...I recommend the buster or other equally sized ship....
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 00:16

I must say I like the constraints that it brought on by the game itself, in a way that balances out the easier parts of the script.

It is still hard for the most part to capture a capital ship - using a fighter would mean dealing with close range Flak Cannons and using capital ships would mean dealing with PPCs. Unless of course, I've taking on missions from the BBS to prevent Xenon invasions, and somehow the K's that comes with that mission is only armed with Gamma PPCs, and only one on each turret spot even though they carry 40. They don't come like this, however, if you were to venture into Xenon sectors. You'd get HEPT, Flak Cannon, PAC, and PPCs firing at you at the same time. Quite entertaining firework actually, if they didn't hurt as much.

It is making the capture of intact Kha'ak fighter a lot easier though.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 21:39

mmmmm...Ka'ak ships...yummy....lets see...i currently got 5 of the intercepters/scouts in my federation carrier....hehe (always looking for more tho)

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 06:32

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but I seem to have a problem hacking a friendly ship with a polit in it (though no problem with enemy ships with polits). I went to Freedom's Reach and hacked one of those racers' Arrow, with the pilot in it. The hack was successful and I wasn't caught (well...I wasn't really watching, but I wasn't attacked). The ship became my property, but somehow I can't give it a command. Everything else works fine, transporter, freight transfor, I can fly it, just not commands. And the ship still has the same original pilot in it.

Ben2006
x3

Post by Ben2006 » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 21:03

reinhart_menken wrote:I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but I seem to have a problem hacking a friendly ship with a polit in it (though no problem with enemy ships with polits). I went to Freedom's Reach and hacked one of those racers' Arrow, with the pilot in it. The hack was successful and I wasn't caught (well...I wasn't really watching, but I wasn't attacked). The ship became my property, but somehow I can't give it a command. Everything else works fine, transporter, freight transfor, I can fly it, just not commands. And the ship still has the same original pilot in it.
Hi reinhart,

no there should be no problem hacking friendly ships or enemy ships whith the BenCo System Override Software. I have hacked 100's of both. The problem is with those particular racing ships in Freedom's Reach. They are dif than all other ships in the game, ie: they do not have any collision bounding boxes so you can actually fly right through them and you can also shoot at them tell your weapons melt, with no effect. They were put in the game mainly for visual appeal and were not meant for any real Player interaction. The pilot that is in there isn't really a pilot either, as they have "0" value for fightskill, moral, aggression etc. It is best to think of these ships as mere flying transparent icons and just move on to other ships. Sorry, BenCo does not offer fee for service refunds while trying to hack a mirage. :D

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 00:38

:lol:

That's a good response. Well, I am relieved to learn that it's only because ships there are "special". Thanks for letting me know!

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 02:23

I recently got this script and i love it! I had started as a humble trader and i managed to capture a M6, now, since i play with the Xtended mod, there are many, many M7's around.

So I went to Black Hole Sun and capped myself 5 xenon Q's (M7) quick math: 2 mil per attempt, i used 6 so -12 mil so far, i sold the ships, 48 mil profit... each! I went on to buy a leviathan m0 with my cash, Avarice here I come!

On a side note, i'm doing the enemy of the state beginning and i'm gonna use this script to cap lots and lots of m6's, i'll let you know how it turns out but in the mean time cheers and thanks for this life saver!

TCN
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Ben2006
x3

Post by Ben2006 » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 11:52

Ok, I have added the X3 Script Installer "SPK" file format version for you.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 13:54

Ben2006 wrote:Ok, I have added the X3 Script Installer "SPK" file format version for you.

LOL..i coulda saved you the time for this one...i already packed it up and all (unless you made updates to it some how) and yea i sent you a few PMs about it...:P...oh well...

Nightmariner
x3

Post by Nightmariner » Tue, 8. May 07, 08:13

Hello Ben2006,

I am trying to download this good-sounding script but both of the links that you have posted state "We're sorry, this page cannot be found". Do you have an alternate link to find this item?

Thanks
It's not that I don't trust you. I just don't trust you.

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Tue, 8. May 07, 18:02

links dead, any chance of a re-upload

nitromethane
x3tc

Does anyone have the benco system override software.

Post by nitromethane » Fri, 11. May 07, 22:08

It seems benco pulled all his stuff and this script sounds pretty neat anyone have it saved somewhere?

PhantomDG1
x3tc

Post by PhantomDG1 » Fri, 11. May 07, 22:32

I asked the same, but NO joy so far ! :(

If you do get a link, could you forward it please :D

Many thank
Phantom

nitromethane
x3tc

no joy

Post by nitromethane » Fri, 11. May 07, 23:02

will do please do the same if you find it

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 11. May 07, 23:05

**merged**

This site says it is under construction. Since Ben didn't show up since April, it does not look like a short-time problem.

Thing with scripts is that third-party-distibution - if not stated otherwise by author - may be connected with (and prohibited by) legal issues. So, let's just hope for Ben to show up and make a statement about these scripts.

Nightmariner
x3

Post by Nightmariner » Sun, 13. May 07, 00:13

SymTec and All,

A couple of folk were gracious enough to e-mail me a copy of the scipt. It is, indeed, lots of fun. If requesters of this script would llike to PM me with your e-mail addresses I can send it to you. I have converted it to .spk format.

Hopefully no mad, spam-like e-mail rushes though. :P
It's not that I don't trust you. I just don't trust you.

KRM398
xr

good to keep track of....

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 13. May 07, 19:21

I never did much with larger ships..too slow to turn, etc. but had to give the benco software a try..after loosing a vette 3 times and rethinking the aproach, I own a Pirate M1...actually the one that patrols in Farnums Legend. It is a lot bigger than I'm used to and no..I learned that it wouldnt take out a pirate corvette patrol with 6 novas.hehe, but the software does work well, its not free ships, but with practise it does wanders. PS, I'm not sure thats an M1...but to me it looks big enough...lol.

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Sun, 13. May 07, 19:54

is it possible for someone who has all his scripts or some of them to re-upload them else where?

would really like to try out some of them :(

Christie
x3

Post by Christie » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 02:21

Noooo i can't download ur amazing script. When i click on ur link it says webpage not found :evil: help me coz i really want this piece of snazzy equipment. :(

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”