[PROGRAM] Logitech G15 LCD Stats Applet V1.40 : Update 16/11/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zero-nt-

Post by Zero-nt- » Sun, 18. May 08, 06:33

Well, I'm absolutly stumped then.

The GameProfile settings are set to 'C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\x3 - reunion'

The Plugin Manager's X directory is set to 'C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\x3 - reunion'

When I install the scripts, for whatever reason, it's automaticly moved to the disabled folder (even though the plugin manager says its enabled).

I have to disable, and then enable again. Then the Plugin Manager correctly moves the scripts into the main script directory, and everything in the t/disabled directory gets moved into the base t directory.

Everything looks like it's installing fine. But it doesn't change anything in game. I still don't have any options show up in the AL Plugin screen.

I'm about to give up and just not run the logitech plugin since apparently it doesn't like me

Edit: I'm not sure what the log file will look like. I have two logfiles in the main X3 - reunion directory. logfile9001-2 and logfile9004, but I don't see a logfile9003 which I'm assuming is the logfile I need to see.

Edit more: Okay, I need to read the stickies before assuming I know what I'm doing. After I enabled scripts, I should have saved and then reloaded that save. After doing so, do I finally see the AL Plugin settings for the logitech lcd... however, I still only see "No Game Found" on the LCD itself. But at least I'm one step closer to finally getting this to work correctly :P

Final Edit: Okay, got it working.

As mentioned, I forgot to save my game before checking the AL Plugin options. Once I did, and reloaded, everything popped up.

In order for me to get the LCD to display correctly, I had to alt-tab out of game, end the current 'x3lcd.exe' process, and then restart the LCD application again (some users have said they had to do this when multiple copies of x3lcd.exe were found, but I think you have to do it regardless, if you encountered any problems)[/i]

Targoid-1
x3tc

Post by Targoid-1 » Sun, 18. May 08, 13:10

Slightly off topic:

I notice that the G15 gets stuck in Savage Spur. Made a little keystroke macro for hyperjump, but in Savage Spur the G-keys simply don't respond. The normal keys are also reacting slower there...

MikeLucien
x3tc

Post by MikeLucien » Sun, 18. May 08, 15:48

madprof wrote:If Cycrow doesn't mind me making using of his script I'll tidy the code up a bit and make it available with some instructions.
That would be very fine!

@ Cyrow: PLEASE
Der Mensch hat drei Wege, klug zu handeln:
Erstens durch Nachdenken: Das ist der edelste.
Zweitens durch Nachahmen: Das ist der leichteste.
Drittens durch Erfahrung: Das ist der bitterste.
by Konfuzius

Mic-Bus
x3tc

Post by Mic-Bus » Sun, 18. May 08, 21:43

Sry for the problem, the install was correctly, i already found the problem.

I forgotten the following step.

after scripteditor was started,
I doesn't save and reload the game.
that was the problem, and wasn't written in the readme or i didn't see it.

sofar, sry that I don't read the text correctly enough.
TRADINGRANKING: just begin BATTLERANKING: just begin
PLAYING @ DIFFICULT: X-TREME TIME: 19-00:00
@Ahtlon 64X2 3800+ EE, 4x1GB DDR2-Ram, MSI K9N-Ultra, 5x HDD's (1370GB) (all Samsung Sata 2),
ATI Radeon HD4670, 23Zoll TFT
@ home on my S.TL (Split Elefant)

Azaniah
x3tc

Post by Azaniah » Thu, 14. Aug 08, 00:23

After a few hours of hair pulling and forum reading...

If you are using Vista (in my case 64bit) make sure you run the X3LCD_Setup.exe as Administrator.

This appears to have resolved the issue of shared files (and the constant No Game Found if everything else has been done).

hope this helps someone...

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:12

Thanks for a great applet!

Did almost everything in the thread to get it working but...

Can confirm it's working in Vista 32, Logitech drivers v2.02 and X3 2.5

Success! Awesome script!

MIKE_B2
x3

Post by MIKE_B2 » Sat, 13. Sep 08, 01:07

Plugin working, but on russian X3 ver.2.5 logs are exported in UTF-8 encoding. so, cirillic messages from the game displays as "bird's language" on G15 Display. :? :) , unreadable. Cycrow, please if You can, inherit into the next version of the display plugin autodecoding to Win-1251. Thank You!

Jeroenske

Post by Jeroenske » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 22:00

success got it working ! The funny thing is im not running it on a G15 at all !

You'll be happy to know it works just fine on a Logitech Z-10 speaker set too :)
That is a 2.0/.1 speaker set with touch control and all the lcd functionality of the g15.
Most g15 LCD apps work on it so i figured i give it a shot.

I got it working after enabling the script editor, then saving, then loading that same save. Or it would not work.

Many thanks !

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 06:06

where do I get Logitech_scripts.spk mentioned in main topic?

When I try to look for scripts through Find scripts in plugin manager I get: No List Found: x3.ircwhore.co.uk/x3scripts.dat

I know its out of bandwith and he doesn't seem to be going to add more bandwith. So where do I get his original scripts then?
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 06:52

Try on the second mirror site (cycrow.thexuniverse.us)..

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 15:09

And this mirror is for what? I can add new download sites into his manager to find scripts on?
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 17:04

the scripts come with the main file, it'll be installed in the plugins directory

JRod
x3tc

Nice - the best of ANY G15 plugin I've been able to find

Post by JRod » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 03:46

Soo...my first ever post.

Cycrow - Saw the game on Steam about a week ago and dug in. (Actually it was X3:TC that caught my eye, but it hadn't been released so I figured I should spend some time getting familiar in X3:R first. To be honest, there's so much reunion that I doubt I'll be switching for a whileyet.

Your plugin rocks, I can't tell you how disorienting it is being new to this game. Your stats are helping, its like a little external HUD or something - totally awesome THANKS!

Dytronic
x3tc

Post by Dytronic » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 20:21

is this script compatible to terran conflict or can you program it for terran conflict?
Greetings
Dyte

wiro
x3tc

Post by wiro » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 18:04

Serch the Forum an just finde this info:
i will convert my plugin for TC soon, it just needs its log file changes, as in TC the log files are found in mydocuments instead
I wait since TC is relese :D hope the X3TC-G15App come soon.

thx a lot

Slistine
x3tc

Post by Slistine » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 16:18

Awesome! Thank you.

wmrojer
x3tc

Post by wmrojer » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 15:41

The LCD shows the wrong trading rank. The program uses the same values to translate to rank for both fighting and trading rank. It looks like it's correct for the fighting rank.

Rawh
x3tc

Post by Rawh » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 16:42

Will this topic perhaps get an update to also work under X3: Terran Conflict?

anandus
x3tc

Post by anandus » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 18:29

Hmm.. Can't get it to work.

I've got the 'No Game Found'-thing.
I've converted the spk (old was 18kb, new 30kb, is this correct?), and It shows up in Pluginmanager (Logitech G15 LCD Stats 1.40).

But! It doesn't show up in my AL settings.
No logfile is made either.

I've killed and restarted the applet many times.
The path in the applet settings is pointing to X3.exe
Saved, Loaded, etc.

But it's won't see the game.
Did I miss something?

I reckon it has something to do with the pluginmanager, as the G15 applet is working, but the script isn't showing up in AL.

Oh, and all the latest drivers, updates for X3:R, Theresahllbewings, etc.
I also ran the applet as 'Administrator', didn't make any difference.

djwakt

Post by djwakt » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 09:10

I am also putting my hand up in the hope that the G15 plugin gets updated to support X3:TC.
It was the only plugin I used in X3:Reunion and absolutely loved it!
I now keep looking at the LCD thinking I am still playing X3:Reunion.

If you don't end up having time to update the plugin, then I would still like to thank you for the work you did on the G15 X3:Reunion plugin.

Much appreciated.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”