[SCRIPT] Racers Guild V1.00 : Updated 11/08/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Thu, 5. Apr 07, 16:35

Do you think it is possible to set up a virtual track with hundred of beacons? And if you fly outside the track you lose points?

I'm thinking about the layout of a track such as the Nurburgring, Top Gear's, or any other F1, GT1, GT2 or SCCA style format.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 5. Apr 07, 21:06

its possible, could make it so you have to stay in range of the beacons, which means the beacons need to be close enough to each other. As you get in range of the next beacon the target could change to that one, and so on until you reach the end

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 11:54

Ok. 1st off I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

My query is:

When installing the Racers Guild script does it "overwrite" any hidden ships in the game? I ask this because I was given a document which listed all of the hidden ships. One of those was supposed to be a Buster Sentinel located in Akeela's Beacon.

However I found a Starburst there instead!

Not that im complaning. Maxed out with the Explorer software installed, it makes for some really fast sector uncovering :D Its great for passenger transport missions to!
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 12:47

nope, it doesn't play aorund with the hidden ships, the only script that does that, is my Move Freebie Ships script

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 13:05

hmmm...strange that.

Maybe thats why i found the Starburst. As i do have your full collection of scripts installed and running. Including the one called "move freebie ships"

I was confused by the list i got :D Since it only lists the ones hidden by egosoft.

I forgot that you added the Arrow and the Starburst to the game with this script. oops! lol

Guess the Buster has been moved to another sector and was replace by the Starburst. I take it you added in the Starburst wreck?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

xerses0
x4

Post by xerses0 » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 19:53

sorry to be digging this thread up again, but it is the most relevant place to ask.
i've just joined the guild, and in the second race i did ( i didnt complete the first, crashing right into one of the beacons) i got to the last beacon, got the message 'the crowd goes wild', and nothing happened. i decided to go back to the race station, thinking i would get my pay there, but when docked, i recieved the message that i was disqualified because i wasn't allowed to dock during the race?

please help, ive just got myself a starburst and decided this might well be a good way to take advantage of it.

xerses0
x4

Post by xerses0 » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 20:03

sorry, nevermind, i just read the first post again, properly this time
The race ends once all competetors reach the final Beacon and the scores will be displayed.
hmm, time for a bit of SETA

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Wed, 31. Oct 07, 02:16

It seems all the download links have died for this one. :(
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 31. Oct 07, 14:18

mirror 1 & 2 are down yes, but the 1st download location is not. ive just this minute tried it
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Wed, 31. Oct 07, 22:15

Aaaah, got it then, must have just been a temporary thing. :D
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

tkdb17
x4

Post by tkdb17 » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 02:49

I seem tobe having an old problem someone had.

I get undocked at 100ms then moved to a random spot in the sector, only before i can come to a complete halt i get a disqualified message come up????

TK

Landonis
x3tc

Post by Landonis » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 12:48

Thanks for the cool mods Cycrow!

Unfortunately, I have just started trying out the races and also have that problem where as soon as you agree to the race and undock you are accelerated to 100m/s and are thus disqualified. I will do a bit more testing to try and work out what is causing it. At the moment I am suspecting it might be the throttle on my sidewinder joystick as a possibility. I am running with the XTM mod and several scripts but none that should affect this. Any ideas for what I should test or could try?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 13:08

actually i think its caused by launching from trade stations, as it automatically launches you at that speed, i will have to add a check in to make it fly out first

Landonis
x3tc

Post by Landonis » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 14:49

Ahhh.. Thanks! You are right it is down to what station you launch from. I have mostly been getting from racers guild station which are teladi shipyards and get launched at speed the same as the trading stations. I will try and get a race from a less ejecty station. :)

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 17:50

I use 'Save Link as...' on the mirror and the main download pages, but my Plugin Manager can't open them. It wrote: Unable to open package file.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 19:30

i've adjusted the download links, try download again from the main link

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:02

OK, it works now, thanks Cycrow.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 11:24

Sorry for digging this up again Cycrow, but

Is there a list of the racer ranks and the exp needed to reach each level? I think I have about 8000 exp and still a junior racer
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

bluewiz1960
x4

Can't finish race

Post by bluewiz1960 » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 11:47

I start the race OK but after going around a few times I never seem to finish. What are you supposed to do in the race...as in how do I tell if I amdoing his right or if the script is going wrong :?

Mr_Blastman
x4

Post by Mr_Blastman » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 05:13

For some strange reason anytime I accept my first race it always makes me leave the station and my ship is moving immediately so I always false start... any ideas?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”