[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Excellent
67%
Good
25%
Average
4%
Poor
1%
Abysmal
3%

Total votes: 360

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 00:48

Nanook wrote:There are no pirate M6's, including Ospreys, in vanilla X3. You must have some scripts or mods running.
Have seen the occasional pirate M6 appearing as a result of taking pirate base BBS missions (vanilla X3 v2.5 with current bonus pack).

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 00:54

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Nanook wrote:There are no pirate M6's, including Ospreys, in vanilla X3. You must have some scripts or mods running.
Have seen the occasional pirate M6 appearing as a result of taking pirate base BBS missions (vanilla X3 v2.5 with current bonus pack).
The distinction is that they are "regular" ships that have their race set to "Pirate", rather than a separate ship with distinct stats like the pirate Falcons, Novas, etc.

elwayno
x3

Post by elwayno » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 01:15

Let me guess, they have 2 m4's? If they have then its sector take over.
Always one eye on the scanner and a missile ready for when its my turn to fight. khaak keep coming and i keep blasting. Thats how to survive.

Firebird
x3tc

Post by Firebird » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 11:23

Hi Guys

Thanks for the input, I assume I can disable this with the stop patrol option in the sector take over.

Aplogies to MODs, I didn't think it would turn into a script question, I would have posted it in the other forum.

Many Thanks Guys
Regards - Jerry
i7-4770 3.4GHz | 8 GB DDR RAM | ASUS Z87 Board | 500GB SSD | GeF GTX 650 1GB Mem | X-Fi SB Sound | Win 7 Pro (64bit) SP1 | DirX V11

Firebird
x3tc

Post by Firebird » Sun, 7. Sep 08, 12:39

Update for the record

Switching off partols in the sector take over stopped the Pirate Ospreys appearing.

Many Thanks
Regards - Jerry
i7-4770 3.4GHz | 8 GB DDR RAM | ASUS Z87 Board | 500GB SSD | GeF GTX 650 1GB Mem | X-Fi SB Sound | Win 7 Pro (64bit) SP1 | DirX V11

furstukin
x3

Can't seem to takeover Maelstrom

Post by furstukin » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 05:01

Hey, I would first like to say this script is great and has added alot to the game, so thank you for that. However, I tried to start a new game as a Teladi and wanted to start off playing on the far right side of the X-verse where I hardly go. I started off by putting a Trading Station right in the center of Maelstrom and then used the explorer software script to have a ship explore the sector up to 250 km out and found no stations. But the sector remains Pirate and won't change to Nopileos (that's my charactor's name). The Trading Station is not named with a $ It is just called Nopileos Inc. General Store. So I am not sure why it wont claim the sector. The two unknown sectors below Maelstrom are now claimed as mine and both have trading stations with the same name so I know that's not a problem. Is there something special about pirate systems? Or am I missing some hidden station in Maelstrom? It is not a critical problem just kind of annoying since I had planned on owning those three sectors that connect to Teladi space. Any help here would be appreciated thanks
Don't make me slap Ye!

Firebird
x3tc

Post by Firebird » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 10:59

Hi

I have found that although you follow the script rules the sector name and attributes remain with the original owners. However, I havent had any problems in Brennans Triumph with Pirates trying to return.

I think the acid test is that other races will build stations there if its considered a safe sector. The same has applied to the three Xenon sectors I claimed.

I would just get on with building what you want there (wouldn't hurt to put some serious defence in there patroling for you), you know the asteroids in those sectors, well the Yatch one are all null value - sighs.

Hope This Helps.
Regards - Jerry

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 22:14

I am not sure how or why, but it appears the problem was related to the Bala Gi Missions. I did those last night and afterwards I looked at Maelstrom and it was no longer Pirate it said Nopileos. Thank you for the suggestions Firebird that's what I did until Bala Gi came up now it is all fixed.
Don't make me slap Ye!

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 09:20

This MUST be converted to X3TC :D
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 18:05

When I use the option to "not" have other races build in my sector, they build there anyway..What's the deal with that?.. :( ...I don't want other races in my claimed sectors and have had to start over many times trying to get the darn option to work right..Anybody have the same problem or have the solution?..thanks
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 06:06

Baleur wrote:This MUST be converted to X3TC :D

I hate to bring back dead threads but I have to agree and also ask. Is this going to go into X3TC any? I used this as a main script in my game since it added more to it. Thanks.

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 16:43

another bump... but not for TC.. lol

i was wondering how hard it would be (for the author/someone who knows how to script) to edit this so HQs can take over sectors (if they cant already?) and so you dont have to blow up every station?

cos i wanna take over a few places with mission based stations in, and i cant cheat kill them without killing the story off that i might play when i get bored.

maybe set it so you only have to kill the trading station/shipyard/EQ then you can claim the sector?
and if the sector doesnt have any to begin with you can claim it simple by placing a hq/trading station.

other than that, combining this with RRF, and improved xenon makes the game so much more fun! and hard... lol

antiximik
x3

Post by antiximik » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 17:29

Have anyone tried this excellent script in the X3TC yet?

J Vortex
x2

Post by J Vortex » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 22:34

Can anyone tell me if the is xtm 7.5 ok?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 20:55

Wow, haven't looked at this page in quite a while, sorry everybody.
cale_online wrote:another bump... but not for TC.. lol

i was wondering how hard it would be (for the author/someone who knows how to script) to edit this so HQs can take over sectors (if they cant already?) and so you dont have to blow up every station?

cos i wanna take over a few places with mission based stations in, and i cant cheat kill them without killing the story off that i might play when i get bored.

maybe set it so you only have to kill the trading station/shipyard/EQ then you can claim the sector?
and if the sector doesnt have any to begin with you can claim it simple by placing a hq/trading station.

other than that, combining this with RRF, and improved xenon makes the game so much more fun! and hard... lol
You can modify it to take over sectors with HQs (from what I remember) there should be a flag in the main script called HQ_CLAIMING or something like that, just needs to be set to TRUE. If you need more help with that PM me and I'll help you out.

@everyone who wants this in TC
I have only just started to really get "into" TC, and sadly the scripting interface hasn't really improved. Which puts me off scripting for the game

I have however recently remade my other script (unlimited resources) for TC, and seeing that nobody else has taken it upon themselves to update this script for TC, I will do my best to find the time to update it.
I'm not promising to add much/anything to it, but I will hopefully re-write some of the more troublesome bits whilst I'm at it.
I will keep you posted.

---edit---
Oh and it 'kinda' works with XTM to the best of my knowledge, but it does kinda have a "blind spot" with the non-vanilla parts of it
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

johntmax
x3

Post by johntmax » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 00:10

The download isn't working for some reason. Does anybody have a mirror?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 18:21

I am aware of the problem, hopefully it will be sorted soon. EDIT: fixed
Last edited by nirwin on Sun, 9. Aug 09, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 13:31

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can the taxation parts be disabled? I just want plain sector takeover without raiding parties or tax...

Vyruz
x4

Post by Vyruz » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 14:44

yes you can

the most setting and option are in the AL menu
there is also an hotkey which give you more option for single sector and/or for the entire universe

The_Lost_Marauder

Re: [SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 15:58

nirwin wrote:* Enemy sectors of the original owner race located within up to 4 jumps of the claimed sector will periodically send small raiding parties to destroy player's Trading Docks to take the sector back. The player must then defend his Trading Docks, and try to claim all enemy sectors of the same race in that part of the X-Universe.
Question: and if the surrounding sectors do NOT belong to the ex-owner of the sector I claimed? Should I still worry about seeing enemies raiding my sector?
Also, for example, if the sector I conquer is an isolated Xenon sector like the 101 or the 472 will other Xenon still arrive to kick me?
Or should I rather worry about spawning point of enemy ships in this sector?

Final thing about taxes: can they be toggled on/off?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”