[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Excellent
67%
Good
25%
Average
4%
Poor
1%
Abysmal
3%

Total votes: 360

Psycho0124

Post by Psycho0124 » Fri, 4. Apr 08, 21:04

I suspect there may be a problem with my game install (I have a 3 year old that likes to drag files around :roll: ) so I am doing a re-install of everything now. I'll let you know if this solves it by editing this post.

EDIT:
Well after a fresh install of the game and the 2 scripts I use (yours and the universal explorer) the sector still refuses to change ownership. I loaded up my savegame and flew around for a few minutes in the sector, then created this save file.

While uploading the saved game, I noticed the savegame filesize is a little extreme. 25MB saved game for literally only a handful of ships. Looking back on my older saves, there was a spike from the normal 7mb saves up to these 25mb monsters right around the time I cleared out the sector for takeover. Wierd..

Heres the save at what should be the captured sector:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3097710/969358b6/X00.html

Thank you again for your help man. Its much appreciated!

EDIT2:
This is an issue with the HQCLAIMING tag. I purchased and placed a Trading Station in the sector and the ownership quickly changed. Problem solved :).

Is there a chance I might have missed a step while editing the sectortakeover script somehow? I opened the editor, selected the script, selected the FALSE tag after the HQCLAIMING option and changed it to TRUE. Then I saved the script, saved my game, exited and restarted the game.

ninereeds666
x3ap

Post by ninereeds666 » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 14:26

I'm having trouble getting the script to work as well. I missed out on Avarice, but who needs money when you've got a millitary? So I decided to destroy the station there (remind me to kill some pirates in Paranid space) and put my own one there. I have the Paranid set to foe in the friend/foe and I have transmitted it to everywhere, but it still says Paranid in the universe map. Any suggestions?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Sat, 19. Apr 08, 15:34

Psycho, sorry I missed your edits, try Clearing the script cache, and/or stopping the Sector Takeover Global script task and then restarting it.

ninereeds666,
Nothing other than the usual. Make sure you are in sector, be 100% sure there are no other Paranid factories/stations, make sure the sector takeover global script task is running.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

avpxdk

Post by avpxdk » Thu, 24. Apr 08, 12:30

Approximately - the taxes, what cost? profit percentage? or the same amount again and again? (if yes, then what amount?)

Psycho0124

Post by Psycho0124 » Sun, 27. Apr 08, 01:49

I had a thought about this script while browsing the BB of one of the stations in a newly captured sector (looking for repair for my torn up trading station there). How difficult would it be to implement some basic Bulletin Board messages regarding the capture or loss of sectors in the universe? It would add a lot more depth to significant events like the "liberation" of a xenon sector or the settling of an unknown sector. Something like this maybe?
GalNet News Special:
The Galaxy News Network has recieved word that a previously Unknown Sector has been claimed by ($TradeRank) ($Playername). Local economists project a dramatic increase in local commerce as private industry and regional governments make plans to set up shop in the new sector. It remains to be seen if ($Playername) will allow foreign settlement of this sector and what, if any, taxation arrangements will be made.

As is expected, The Galactic Naming Committee has yet to set a session date regarding this new system due to disagreements between several of its Split and Boron chair-holders.
GalNet News Flash:
Forces of ($CombatRank) ($Playername), during a heavy engagement with the Xenon, have managed to drive out the hostile forces and lay claim to ($CappedXenonSectorName)! Sporadic Xenon patrols still persist in the system for now and it remains to be seen if the Xenon will make an attempt to reclaim the system by force. In the meantime, spontaneous celebrations have erupted in adjacent systems as the constant fear of Xenon attack finally subsides.

The Galactic Naming Committee is waiting for further indications of regional stability before scheduling a session to decide on a name for the newly liberated sector.
I don't know how difficult it would be to insert the relevant values or to even inject the messages themselves but if you would like some help writing some of them up, I would be happy to help.
Intel I7 3770K OCed @ 4.2Ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
16Gb Mushkin DDR3 @ 2800
SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB Solid State Drive
EVGA Nvidia 660Ti w/3GB GDDR5
Enough fan noise to raise the dead ;)

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sun, 27. Apr 08, 21:46

I consider this script to be bugged due to the following statement:
In order to claim a sector, the player must destroy all stations in the sector, and build his own Trading Dock in the sector. The ownership of the sector will automatically go to the player within 5 sec. Alternatively, the player can first build his Trading Dock, then destroy all other stations in the sector.
Here's why: I placed a station in Avarice before purchasing it via the BBS. I had Sector Takeover running from the beginning of the game. After the auction was finished and I took control of the trading station, sector ownership never changed (it still reads Unknown). Last game it didn't do that and I didn't have a station in the sector before buying it.

You should really reconsider how this script checks stations in the sector being taken over. If the only stations that exist there are player owned when a new trading station is placed, then ownership should go to the player.

Now I am stuck with the problem of removing ALL my stations somehow, and then replacing them after the sector changes ownership. Been trying to deal with this now for over a day and it is a major headache. Not to mention I am out 795 million credits.

==============

Edit 1: I found the manual script to change sector ownership and successfully ran it. I would still suggest however you revamp the ownership criteria to include ignoring player stations that already exist. As it is it nearly broke the Avarice auction sector.

==============

Edit 2: After setting the commerce setting for my home sector (which now shows as me owning it in both universe and sector views), I then go to check sector takeover commerce via the combat command area. Lo and behold - it still doesn't think I control the sector, even after using the Sector Takeover script to manually set ownership. Still just about at the end of my rope with this script... would appreciate some help. :evil:

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 18:50

Psycho0124 wrote:I had a thought about this script while browsing the BB of one of the stations in a newly captured sector (looking for repair for my torn up trading station there). How difficult would it be to implement some basic Bulletin Board messages regarding the capture or loss of sectors in the universe? It would add a lot more depth to significant events like the "liberation" of a xenon sector or the settling of an unknown sector. Something like this maybe?

[Snip]
This is already on my "TO DO" list, and it is in fact one of my personal top priorities. I think adding sector takeover articles to the BBS will make this script much cooler. Hopefully I'll have found time to investigate this before the next release.

@Jaga,
The Averice stuff sounds like odd behaviour.
If you purchased Averice via the BBS, and if doing that (in an unmodified) game would mean the Ownership for that sector should change to the name of the player in the galaxy display, then I can see no reason why this script would change the ownership to "Unknown". Because, the script (from my recollection) runs through all the sectors that were claimed via sector takeover only, and sees which ones have lost their claim. In the case that you purchased averice, 1) it will not be in the "claimed sectors" array, 2) You will own the Trade station, so the claim to the sector is still valid.
Do you have any other cheats/mods/scripts installed? Are you sure of what will happen in a vanilla game?

If I understand the situation correctly, and it definately is the fault of the script, then it is doing something inefficient and I will find the problem quickly. I will have a look at the script as soon as I can and let you know my stance on this.

---edit---
@avpxdk
Stations are taxed at a flat rate. x amount of credits per hour, the amount varies depending on the station class. Can't remember the costs at the moment, should be mentioned somewhere in this thread already. I intend to add a reporting tool that lets you keep track of the costs etc.
I know tax based on performance would be prefereable, but it's also a lot of work and a performance hit.
Nirwin
------

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 03:50

nirwin wrote:@Jaga,
The Averice stuff sounds like odd behaviour.
If you purchased Averice via the BBS, and if doing that (in an unmodified) game would mean the Ownership for that sector should change to the name of the player in the galaxy display, then I can see no reason why this script would change the ownership to "Unknown". Because, the script (from my recollection) runs through all the sectors that were claimed via sector takeover only, and sees which ones have lost their claim. In the case that you purchased averice, 1) it will not be in the "claimed sectors" array, 2) You will own the Trade station, so the claim to the sector is still valid.
Do you have any other cheats/mods/scripts installed? Are you sure of what will happen in a vanilla game?

If I understand the situation correctly, and it definately is the fault of the script, then it is doing something inefficient and I will find the problem quickly. I will have a look at the script as soon as I can and let you know my stance on this.
I have plenty of other scripts installed, and Ashley's Factories as an additional mod. The only one that affects sector ownership is Improved Khaak, as it allows them to take over sectors they place their own station in.

I too thought it was very odd it stayed Unknown even after the purchase. And stranger still that Sector Takeover doesn't recognize my control of it for taxing purposes (like it would any other sector I take over), despite having used it's script to claim the sector.

If you want a script list and savegame I could probably make them available, but I would recommend against it as I have a fairly extensive list of scripts (though they are all playing nicely together from what I can tell). I can also make in-game information available to you, simply ask.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 00:42

Some more feedback on a new sector takeover attempt in my game:

Went in with an XI force and took Xenon sector 352. Removed both Xenon stations and even the racer's guild station that was there. The only thing remaining was some of the invasion ships that came with me, and my advanced satellite.

Sent a TL up to buy a Terran Trading Station (same function as other trading stations), and dropped it in the newly cleaned sector. Gave it a few funds and one ware to trade (energy cells). Made sure that Sector Takeover was running and enabled. Waited a few minutes - nothing. Used SETA for a few more minutes - no change of ownership at all.

At this point, unless I want to do it over again and try dropping in a std race trading station, I'd have to say the script is broken and not working at all for me. I'm hesitant about running the script to force ownership of the sector, since that didn't work for the botched Avarice sector when I tried it.

Suggestions are welcome..

================

Edit: I took an hour or so after posting this to do the first thing that came to mind, which was uninstalling Sector Takeover and cleaning my savegame of it's scripts and data. I then made sure the same sector was clear of stations, and saved a new set of savegames. Then I reinstalled Sector Takeover from scratch, and reloaded the new game. This time I grabbed an Argon Trading Station to make sure there wasn't a station type issue, and dropped it in the sector.

Lo and behold, this time Sector Takeover noticed it and switched sector ownership almost immediately. So my issues were related to one or more of a few possible problems: 1) bad/corrupt installation of the script, 2) corrupt data in a savegame related to the script, 3) incompatibility with Terran Trading Stations.

I would like to use the Terran stations, so will try with the cleaned savegame and the new install of the script and see if it behaves correctly. But I did want to make sure this information was available for the authors here.

================

Edit 2: After further trial and error, I found out that Terran Trading Stations from XTM are not compatible with Sector Takeover. The station I placed (just like in my last successful test) would not trigger the sector ownership change.

And on top of that - running the script from this package to set sector ownership of the sector the player is in to the player, doesn't work for me no matter what combination of input I try. It always changes Kingdom End to my player name. Sounds like more possible XTM conflicts, but I am guessing.

Unless the authors can think of an XTM compatibility fix, I would think the only workaround would be to buy and place a standard race's trading station in the sector, far outside the flight area, just to claim the sector. Then place whatever station you like in the normal flight area for use. You'd also have to cheat in money to compensate for the cost of the first essentially unnecessary station so it was fair.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 18:54

So sounds like it just won't recognise a Terran Trading station then, so the question is am I not checking the class of the station, or is the XTM station of the wrong class? I think it's fair to guess the error is with Sector Takeover, so I will endeavour to implement the fix for the next version.

Thanks for the info.
Nirwin
------

tai1980
x3

Post by tai1980 » Sat, 3. May 08, 03:47

firstly thanks for the script , i love it !!

i have some questions about the NPC race claim your station after miss tax payment .

- will i get anything back ??
( is it like a liquidation ? )

- if so , what determine the amount of credit that will be given back ??

thnks and sorry for poor english.

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Sector Takeover Help

Post by surefire_ven0m » Mon, 19. May 08, 10:08

I have installed the STO script : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=143524 and i am having issues with it as follows:

After enabling script editor and the plugin via AL settings i decided to take a couple of Pythons into Bala Gi's Joy to see how it worked, after reading the instructions i understood that all stations in a sector must be destroyed and you must build a trading station to claim the sector as your own, so i did this and built a free argon trading station , the sector was competely empty apart from my station but nothing happened, no message etc so i check the Sector Take over options sent via message activated through the combat orders menu and according to the script i don't own that sector??

Can anybody please help me with this i would really appreciate it :)
"do i look like a priest?" - "erm...yes...."

The funniest thread ever...

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 19. May 08, 10:19

It is best to post questions about a script in the scripts thread. Most authors have the thread marked to send themselves an email when a new post is made so they can answer it. New posts like this do not contact the author to get answers ;)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 19. May 08, 10:21

I tried the sector takeover script to and the same thing happened. After reading the readme, it said after 5 seconds the sector should be made yours. Once all of the requirements had been made. (Trading station etc etc)

In the end, I gave up and removed it from my system and installed this one

Seems to work OK. Also you dont need to remove all stations from your sector before It's taken over :D As I had a Mercenaries EQ dock in Averice after I bought it. After I installed this script, I looked at the sector map for Averice and found it belonged to "julian"

Give it a bash
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Mon, 19. May 08, 11:04

Thanks i'll check it out, looks like i'll have to get rid of Cycrows guild scripts tho as apparantly it conflicts? :?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 19. May 08, 11:22

hell no! I refused to give up cycrows guild scripts :D Its so easy to remove that conflict! infact the instructions for doing it are in that thread I posted.

Gimme a shout if your not sure. I've mangaged to fix it and I know sweet FA about scripting.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Mon, 19. May 08, 11:27

ok well i'm guessing this is the fix then :wink: :

STO uses command slot command_type_station_17, this may cause a conflict with other scripts using this slot (Mercenaries Guild by Cycrow).
For changing the command-slot of STO, you have to do the following:

Open with an Editor the file "447432.xml" in the t-drawer of your X3-Installation.
Search and replace all entries "1117" with "11X", where X is the number of a free station_command-slot.
Have a look at this list, to find a free slot.

This will be the first time i have edited a script file so what do you think would be the 'safest' number to replace the '17' with?

I have quite a lot of scripts installed now so would prefer to avoid any conflicts :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 19. May 08, 11:35

OK. here is what I did...............

1st. You need to look at the list below to see if you have a free command slot.
Station Command Menu:

<t id="1116">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_16</t> - Setup Company Details, Station Naming System/Ship Naming System by Osiris_sam / (Unlikely Conflict) Station Manager by burianek and aalaardb
<t id="1117">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_17</t> - Mercenaries Guild by Cycrow (Conflict) STO options by Trickmov
<t id="1118">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_18</t> - Assign Homebase Command by Cycrow
<t id="1119">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_19</t> - Homebase Commands by Cycrow
<t id="1120">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_20</t> - Advanced Money Transfer by Xai Corporation
<t id="1121">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_21</t> - Ship Repair Facility by Xai-Corp (Possible Conflict) ShipFactory by SymTec ltd.
<t id="1122">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_22</t> - Commission Auction: Ware by AL_Main
<t id="1123">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_23</t> - Commission Auction: Station by AL_Main
<t id="1124">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_24</t> - Install Crystal Free SPP Upgrade, by Serial Kicked (Possible Conflict) Removes Resources from Factory, Resource-Free Factory by arcana75
<t id="1125">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_25</t> - ADS: Replace destroyed LTs
<t id="1126">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_26</t> - Xtended Mod - Repair Docked Fighters, Activate Station Sentinel - EFS Mod by Andras/Jakesnake5
<t id="1127">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_27</t> - Station/Complex Relocator by PabloRSA
<t id="1128">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_28</t> - Station/Complex Seller by PabloRSA
<t id="1129">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_29</t> - Trading Distribution Network by Cycrow (Possible Conflict) Warehouse Import, Warehouse by Nividium (Possible Conflict) Statistic Centre by Trickmov
<t id="1130">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_30</t> - Trading Distribution Network by Cycrow (Possible Conflict) Warehouse Import, Warehouse by Nividium
<t id="1131">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_31</t> - Ships Renaming Management by StarTrekMarc
<t id="1132">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_32</t> - Ships Renaming Management by StarTrekMarc
<t id="1133">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_33</t> - Hire Fighter Base Commander by dwgh / TerraCorps Fleet Package by Siath70
<t id="1134">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_34</t> - Fighter Base Commander advanced options by dwgh / TerraCorps Fleet Package by Siath70
<t id="1135">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_35</t> - Ships Renaming Management by StarTrekMarc
<t id="1136">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_36</t> - Report Inbound Ships : Station Commands Suite
<t id="1137">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_37</t> - Match Local Price : Station Commands Suite
<t id="1138">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_38</t> - Variable Price Manager : Station Commands Suite
<t id="1139">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_39</t> - Trading Distribution Network by Cycrow (Possible Conflict) Warehouse Import, Warehouse by Nividium
<t id="1140">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_40</t> - RS.UPS by Red Spot [UNSUPPORTED] (Possible Conflict) Start Software, Station Freight Software by Heretic666
<t id="1141">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_41</t> - Build Ship - DDRS by Red Spot, Produce Ships - EFS Mod by Andras/Jakesnake5
<t id="1142">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_42</t> - Remodel Ship - DDRS by Red Spot, Designate Defense Task Force - EFS Mod by Andras/Jakesnake5
<t id="1143">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_43</t> - Add & Remove Wares, DDRS by Red Spot
<t id="1144">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_44</t> - Autotransfer Alternative - fortysix2nz
<t id="1145">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_45</t> - Autotransfer Alternative - fortysix2nz
<t id="1146">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_46</t> - Station Profit Monitoring - fortysix2nz (Possible Conflict) Set up Salespoint, Complex Buy/Sellpoints by SymTec ltd.
<t id="1147">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_47</t>
<t id="1148">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_48</t> - Complex Manager : Naffarin
<t id="1149">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_49</t> - Complex Manager : Naffarin
<t id="1150">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_50</t> - X3 Remote Property Management by nuclear_eclipse
<t id="1151">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_51</t> - Automatic Moneytransfer, Automatic Moneytransfer from Player/Station to Station by XGamer
<t id="1152">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_52</t> - Auto Upgrade, Auto Upgrade by DeltaWolf (Possible Conflict) Enter main menu, FBBK-Free Stock Exchange by SymTec ltd.
<t id="1153">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_53</t> - Auto Dock Start/Stop, Auto Upgrade by DeltaWolf
<t id="1154">COMMAND_TYPE_STATIONS_54</t> - Various Conflicts Use X3 Universal Auctions, Khaak Custom Start by Nividium & Use X3 Universal Auctions, Run report system, Storage spaces reports system by Chem, Xenon Custom Start by Nividium
<t id="1155">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_55</t> - Stock Level Monitor / Station Manager by burianek and aalaardb
<t id="1156">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_56</t> -
<t id="1157">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_57</t> - Station Administrator by Siath70
<t id="1158">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_58</t> - Station Administrator Settings by Siath70
<t id="1159">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_59</t> - Fix Station Resources by Saint-Ashley / Armegeddon
<t id="1160">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_60</t> - Activate Exterior Warehouse (Conflict) x3plus: Ship and Station Name Management (Rename Station)
<t id="1161">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_61</t> - Exterior Warehouse Report (Conflict) x3plus: Economics and supply trader (Lock Trader)
<t id="1162">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_62</t> - Sell Products :DMA: LV (Conflict) x3plus: Economics and supply trader (Calculate Station Prices)
<t id="1163">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_63</t> - Install Station Software :Station Upgrades Framework (Conflict) x3plus: Economics and supply trader (Report)

I.E pick a slot that scripts attached to it that you DONT have installed. I chose slot 1116 as I do not have any scripts associated with that slot installed

You might want to back up the t file before you edit it. Incase things go wrong!

Then go to the t file 447432 and chose edit. That sould open it in a note pad. I then went to the edit menu I think, and chose the replace option. I entered replace 1117 with 1116, then saved the file once it was done. HEY PRESTO! no more conflict in the PM :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Mon, 19. May 08, 11:49

wow thank you so much that should make it quick and easy to install without problems. :D

*bows*

8) :)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 19. May 08, 12:08

:oops:

Oh shucks! it was'nt that hard. Honestly! :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”