[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Excellent
67%
Good
25%
Average
4%
Poor
1%
Abysmal
3%

Total votes: 360

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 13:01

Pruvmerong wrote:1. Suppose a sector is owned by pirates. There are no pirate stations in this sector, but there are a few Teladi stations. Would I have to destroy the Teladi stations before I can claim the sector?

2. What would happen if I took over a few sectors, then uninstalled Sector Takeover?

3. Overall pirate activity in my x-universe has skyrocketed recently, which is causing a lot of trouble for my UT's and such. This is why I installed this script, so that I could eliminate/reduce pirate activity. Is there any way to set up this script so that random pirate spawns are disabled/reduced when I take over all pirate sectors in a given area?

For example, every few minutes (with SETA active), a large group of pirates spawn in the middle of Ianamus Zura, despite the fact that this is an Argon sector. By taking over the three nearby pirate sectors, I want to stop the random spawning of pirate groups in the surrounding systems.

Is this possible?
1) If they really are Teladi factories, there should be no problem in havng them IS

2) the sector would return to original owner

3) don't know, sorry

4) Ianamus Zura should be a Teladi sector :sceptic: It's quite strange your report of spawning pirates there...

Are you using other addons/mods more than Sector Takeover? :?:

Pruvmerong
x4

Post by Pruvmerong » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 21:29

Ah, my mistake. You are correct, it is a Teladi sector. And the only other scripts/mods I'm using are the bonus pack, and a satellite deployment script. I've been playing this particular savegame off and on for almost two years, so I can only assume that the pirate spawning is just the god engine acting up.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 13:05

Sadly there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done from scripts to stop certain races respawning, which is quite a problem for Sector Takeover. The engine likes to keep plenty of each race in game, and if they have no sectors to spawn in, they spawn anywhere they can.

Someone else may have figured a way to stop this annoyance, but I sure haven't.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:47

Among LV cheats there is one named "keep clear" which should instantly remove any hostile which is within X km from you.
And if you give this "power" to a satellite (or something else)? You place - i.e. a satellite - in the middle of a sector and everytime an enemy of that race spawn in that sector it gets instantly killed.
Would it be possible?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 11:53

I guess it should be possible, maybe using the claiming Trading station/HQ, it would also have to only destroy the race that originally owned the sector, and I can imagine it causing problems with the 'raids', though I believe it would be possible to exclude these ships from the destruction.
Might nerf RRF script though if anyone uses that too.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 13:53

What about asking to Cycrow or LV? :roll:
Really, I wish to be able to help you more, but I have 0 exp with scripts and how to create them so I can only suggest you to ask to those who made a lot of scripts. 8)

MarioBr0

Post by MarioBr0 » Wed, 4. Nov 09, 10:30

hi

i am new to the stricpt n like it good sofar, currently exterminating terrar race with it.

but, at some point at owned like 12 sectors and got a ingame message there was a infinite loop detected. sectors are still mine and every thing is working fine but only if i press hotkey for STO-menu i get error sound (sounds a bit like if the beeb u hear if u change missles) and nothing happens. i cannot open the menu anymore. Any help? reinstal maybe?

MarioBr0

Post by MarioBr0 » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 05:03

mo one?

Matchimus
x3tc

Post by Matchimus » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 04:48

I know I am being lazy, but can this be used/ported over to X3TC? Sorry, but I dont feel like reading through 43 pages of this thread, and I could not find an answer with the search.

I have used this script in Reunion and love it. Specifically I am looking for the spawn supression system. I blow up a Paranid sector, and poof they all come back again. I want them dead :twisted:
Last edited by Matchimus on Mon, 23. Nov 09, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 04:49

There are two scripts that implement this function in X3TC; STO (Sector Take-Over :D) and Improved Races.

Matchimus
x3tc

Post by Matchimus » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 04:54

Thanks for the quick response, I didnt expect that and had edited my post. I use the one by Laz, but it does not have the spawn supression system. Maybe I am just bind? But I can not see any script for TC that does this.

Matchimus
x3tc

Post by Matchimus » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 04:56

I think I am blind... I have found it, thanks!

:oops:

For anyone else looking:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243791

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 23:51

I have a slight problem with this script regarding Averice.

I bought it a long time ago, but have only just installed STO. My problem is: On the sector map, the owner race is shown as 'Unknown', instead of 'Julian'. I have my HQ. an ED and a Trading Station present. It does however list 'Julian' as the owner race on the universe map.

To ensure the script was'nt totally knackered, I tested it out by taking over Hatikvah's Faith from the Pirates. That worked perfectly, with 'Julian' showing on both the universe map and the sector map, once I plonked down a Trading Station.

I have even tried setting the 'Unknown' race, in the Global Settings to foe, with no effect. :(

Any help/ideas?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Corruptor666

Post by Corruptor666 » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 21:05

I apologize if this was asked before, but once I overtake a sector, can I rename it as I like? I just "borrowed" President's End, because it's an unused sector, and would like to name it "New Beginning" or something like that.
Any help would be appreciated.

LowkeeDragon33

Post by LowkeeDragon33 » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 19:37

Hi all,

I was just given the sector Getsu Fune, and I believe this is the script responsible. Though a little early for my own sector, it certainly changes my long term goals for the game. :)

Two questions arise. I have been playing with the station taxes off, but there are a bunch of NPC stations in this sector. Do the NPC factories pay me?

The message log entry was pretty important, though when I clicked "okay" it went away forever (I think). I would like to see the message (I appear to have been randomly given the sector, so no return to a save game works). I thought "Well, it must be in the script somewhere". Upon looking through the scripts I found that the log entries only refer to a number (a variable), so my search stopped. Still, they must be somewhere. Where?

Thanks

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 21:12

Erm.....................I think you'll find, being given Getsu Fune is a function of this script. Not the Sector Take Over one.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

LowkeeDragon33

Post by LowkeeDragon33 » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 21:25

Very helpful, thanks. Also the reason why the trading station disapeared.

ShadowlightINC

Post by ShadowlightINC » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 07:40

-sigh- The link is broken, yet again...

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 11:07

As long as no-one has any objections. I will make this available

Sector Take Over V2.4.3 zip version

Sector Take Over v2.4.3.spk
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

ShadowlightINC

Post by ShadowlightINC » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 22:46

Many Thanks!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”