Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jsangster
x3

Post by Jsangster » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 17:06

thanks, so the problem your speaking of is the one with the turrets...

do the gunbus's keep their currnt orders with the new mod file?

Im loving it so far, ican actually kill a pirate base with an m6 like your supposed to

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 18:49

Jsangster wrote:thanks, so the problem your speaking of is the one with the turrets...

do the gunbus's keep their currnt orders with the new mod file?

Im loving it so far, ican actually kill a pirate base with an m6 like your supposed to
The Osprey model should keep its orders. If you had the Osprey and changed to the Centuar model you will have to give orders again most likely.

About killing a pirate base with an M6... Ive done it in an M4... Course ive also killed M1's in an M3 with just APAC's. (that was a 3 hr battle :P)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 19:13

heh heh, you're just like that one mosquito on a camping trip, buzzing around your ear, relentlessly. :P

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 20:06

Hey Apricotslice,

I tried your Osprey-bus and really liked it - IMO best when slightly souped-up but not OTT - my first mod!

Upon switching to Centaur I've hit a snag. Upon starting up from where I was parked in my original Osprey gunbus (parked somewhere) I was left looking at the insides of an Osprey! Checked around a little bit by un-docking and switching views (F1) but to no avail.

I (1) downloaded the centaur zip
(2) identified the "osprey files" and replaced them with the "centaur files"
(3) started up the game having selected mod 2

Any ideas?

Cheers

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 20:12

SaintAshley wrote:
apricotslice wrote: I have both the gunbus and the fortress mods merged in my main game.

Once the gunbus is working to peoples satisfaction, I could merge the gunbus and fortess mods (if the fortress author has no objection).

I'm also looking at the M7 defense platform at the moment.
I have the Gunbus / Fortress / M7 / M6 upgrade I beleive, not sure what else! :P all combined for my main game. (took the time to fix all the cockpits as well)
Huh...and here I thought mine was screwed up because I was using the Fortress Ship mod also...
This would mess up the cockpits most definatly, even if you added the cockpits for each ship in Tcockpits, you would need to edit the cockpits for the turrets in Tships as well. (Possibly the main cockpit as well).
I'm not using cockpits, so that doesn't matter. My problem was the one with most of the turrets and gun mounts not working. If those two mods could be combined, though, that'd be awsome...
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 20:20

Gregster6 wrote:Hey Apricotslice,

I tried your Osprey-bus and really liked it - IMO best when slightly souped-up but not OTT - my first mod!

Upon switching to Centaur I've hit a snag. Upon starting up from where I was parked in my original Osprey gunbus (parked somewhere) I was left looking at the insides of an Osprey! Checked around a little bit by un-docking and switching views (F1) but to no avail.

I (1) downloaded the centaur zip
(2) identified the "osprey files" and replaced them with the "centaur files"
(3) started up the game having selected mod 2

Any ideas?

Cheers
First, get out of the osprey and try loading it again with the centuar model. Or do what I did and use a different slot in Tships for the Centuar and the Osprey.

If that doesnt work, destroy your osprey and then save (keep a backup). Then load game again and script in (use LV's cheats) to create you another. (or buy one at a SY so it doesnt go 400 + m/sec...)

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 23:38

Sorted now - I loaded an old save game pre-osprey

Just a couple of things
(1) on the new Centaur the rear turret doesn't seem to fire when set to missile defence (side turrets seem to work fine)
(2) all turret views seem a bit wierd - like youre looking from inside the ship - POV doesn't seem to change each time you press F1 until you get the external view and the front view. This may be how centaurs are - I don't know I've never used one before

Cheers

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 00:05

Gregster6 wrote:Sorted now - I loaded an old save game pre-osprey

Just a couple of things
(1) on the new Centaur the rear turret doesn't seem to fire when set to missile defence (side turrets seem to work fine)
(2) all turret views seem a bit wierd - like youre looking from inside the ship - POV doesn't seem to change each time you press F1 until you get the external view and the front view. This may be how centaurs are - I don't know I've never used one before

Cheers
The cockpits are curently uhhhh... whats the word for it! messed up put it that away! :P HENCE this is a Beta!

Currently the side turrets will fire, the rear turret wont... I tried changeing the cockpit views to the default centaur, that did not help.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 02:02

Gregster6 wrote:(1) on the new Centaur the rear turret doesn't seem to fire when set to missile defence (side turrets seem to work fine)
Have any missiles been fired at you ? Missile defense wont fire a shot until a missile is actually fired at you, after which it fires at the ship that fired it. Thats one of the reason why you only have 1 turrent set to it, as if all of them are on missile defense and no enemy fires one, then the turrents never fire.

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 08:31

apricotslice wrote:Have any missiles been fired at you ? Missile defense wont fire a shot until a missile is actually fired at you, after which it fires at the ship that fired it.
yes enough missiles have been fired at me to be fairly sure.

I'm in the middle of a XI mission and the missiles are coming thick and fast.

With side turrets set to attack all enemies and rear turrets (armed with BIRE) set to missile defence - no firing at missiles... and you get hit.

Strangely (perhaps) side turrets do not appear to suffer the same problem and when they're set to missile defence, they seem to do the job.

Also, I suffered my first CTD since installing 1.4 (pretty much as soon as it was released) - I think that this happened directly after destroying a J in the XI mission.

Cheers

Stevo Primus
x3tc

Post by Stevo Primus » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 22:01

A turret set to 'missile defence' will fire on any missile that 's targeting your ship or any ship that hits you with laser fire. But it will prioritise missiles over ships.

It definitely doesn't require a missile to be fired before engaging enemies.

ViperOne
x3

No St/UT

Post by ViperOne » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 02:52

OK I LOVE this "mod" but there does not seem to be anyway to get Sector or Universe trader to work. have tried dowloading the "extra commands" into the script directory but stiil do not get the trade options. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee Father for forgiveness.

apricotslice
x4

Re: No St/UT

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 03:23

ViperOne wrote:OK I LOVE this "mod" but there does not seem to be anyway to get Sector or Universe trader to work. have tried dowloading the "extra commands" into the script directory but stiil do not get the trade options. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a pck file with the same name as the UT script. You need to delete the .pck as what happens if both are there, is that the pck seems to overwite the new file.

setup.plugin.autotrade.xml is the new file.
setup.plugin.autotrade.pck is the old file, pck being the Egosoft packed version. The pcks, if left in the script directory, seem to overwrite the .xml files with a same name as the game decodes them at the start.

I'm still trying to get the turrents to work properly btw.

ViperOne
x3

Marriage :)

Post by ViperOne » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 03:42

Since I assume most guys would not call themselves something as sweet as apricoteslice I take it you are female - hell who cares - marry me ;)
That worked well. I have lost 20+ ST/UT ships and now my ships can kick ARSE.
For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee Father for forgiveness.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Re: Marriage :)

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 04:31

ViperOne wrote: Since I assume most guys would not call themselves something as sweet as apricoteslice I take it you are female
Its actually, apricotslice :P

@apricotslice
Seems Northstar just released an updated guide for lasers turrets and guns, Im checking that out now...

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 01:55

I have done some experimentation and there does seem to be a problem with weapons. I was not able to get L/R turrets to fire but was able to get the first of the six for the upper turret to fire but not the other five.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:00

ViperOne wrote: I was not able to get L/R turrets to fire but was able to get the first of the six for the upper turret to fire but not the other five.
Which model were you using? Centaur or Osprey?

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:11

Sorry, That is the Osprey model. Not sure how to change to the Centaur model yet.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:27

I hadent had the time to dig deep into the bod files to fix them yet, or at least try. Im currently working on getting my next factories released. But, I do beleive its the .bod's that are causeing the problem.

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:34

One of the things I am suspicious of is the fact that when you move into the side turrets it almost appears as if you are in the body of the ship. There are obsticles to firing in every direction, wonder if the engine tries to prevent firing upon your self.
Also only the first four main weapons fire, though that is more than enough to take out a lot of xenon/pirates etc, etc.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”