Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 01:55

I have done some experimentation and there does seem to be a problem with weapons. I was not able to get L/R turrets to fire but was able to get the first of the six for the upper turret to fire but not the other five.
For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee Father for forgiveness.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:00

ViperOne wrote: I was not able to get L/R turrets to fire but was able to get the first of the six for the upper turret to fire but not the other five.
Which model were you using? Centaur or Osprey?

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:11

Sorry, That is the Osprey model. Not sure how to change to the Centaur model yet.
For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee Father for forgiveness.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:27

I hadent had the time to dig deep into the bod files to fix them yet, or at least try. Im currently working on getting my next factories released. But, I do beleive its the .bod's that are causeing the problem.

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:34

One of the things I am suspicious of is the fact that when you move into the side turrets it almost appears as if you are in the body of the ship. There are obsticles to firing in every direction, wonder if the engine tries to prevent firing upon your self.
Also only the first four main weapons fire, though that is more than enough to take out a lot of xenon/pirates etc, etc.

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:44

I have tried installing the Centaur version but the ship still seems the same. Not sure if it should look different.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 09:21

SaintAshley wrote:
ViperOne wrote: I was not able to get L/R turrets to fire but was able to get the first of the six for the upper turret to fire but not the other five.
Which model were you using? Centaur or Osprey?
Only the osprey has an upper turrent.

I have a handle on why its not working, but not yet on how to fix it.

Jsangster
x3

Post by Jsangster » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 17:29

APricot asked me to post this in here

Im having a problem using the tractor beam in the centaur version of the gunbus.

it fires what looks to be a khaak weapon, but does nothing else, cant attach a tractor beam to anything.

now i used a regular stock centaur and it works just fine.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 19:00

Jsangster wrote: Im having a problem using the tractor beam in the centaur version of the gunbus.
it fires what looks to be a khaak weapon, but does nothing else, cant attach a tractor beam to anything.
now i used a regular stock centaur and it works just fine.
Now that sounds interesting... please explain what you mean by stock centaur? bod file?

Jsangster
x3

Post by Jsangster » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 19:23

sorry when i meant stock i meant the regular centaur in game. a normal unmodded one.

not sure about all the bod stuff..

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 02:11

Have you tried mounting the tractor beam as a front gun and seeing if that works correctly ?

There are definitely problems with the turrents. :oops:

Jsangster
x3

Post by Jsangster » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 02:16

yes, i only had it mounted in the front

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 02:23

Jsangster wrote:yes, i only had it mounted in the front
Erk.

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 08:47

ERK.......?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 08:57

ViperOne wrote:ERK.......?
Expression of annoyance that replaces the use of a swear word.

At the moment, I cant resolve the problems.

Observe and Northstar are both doing documentation on the areas the problems lie in.

For now, they are good ships for using as a UT, and the UT script and their shields should keep them alive by jumping them when attacked, so the lack of turrents wont matter too much.

But dont use them as a personal ship and do a trip accross xenon space.

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 03:44

John,
I am actually using one as a personal ship. With the weapons compatability and the shields it works well. Just load the first four primary weapons with good stuff and the first mount on the upper turret with powerful fast firing weapons and you can - with care - take on a Xenon sector and most Pirate stations. Would suggest combining this with Stevio's shipyard/weapons scripts.
I look forward to the eventual use of all weapon mounts but still like what you have done so far.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 04:23

The feed back is appreciated :)

Jsangster
x3

Post by Jsangster » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 15:07

ive started using them as OOS guards as well, with the big guns, I have yet to see one destroyed...

I have three of them, and three M2's guarding xenon sector 598 which i have cleared out.

every once in a while xenon spawn in there, but my guys take care of them. In combination with the player jump to protect script, which i have another 4 Gunbuses part of, they mop up everything thrown at them so far..

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 15:49

Jsangster wrote:every once in a while xenon spawn in there, but my guys take care of them. In combination with the player jump to protect script, which i have another 4 Gunbuses part of, they mop up everything thrown at them so far..
To what extent have you upgraded them ? And what gun loadouts ?

Jsangster
x3

Post by Jsangster » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 16:09

standard loadouts, but using gamma ppcs in all the turrets and main guns

OOS havent had any problems yet, maybe it still calculates for the guns in the turrets?

i have them set to protect the m2's in that xenon sector, and they rock

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”