[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 09:58

has anyone tried this with xtm yet?

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 10:45

download link died?

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Sun, 5. Aug 07, 16:51

this looks great, but yea... is it compatable with xtm?

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Sun, 5. Aug 07, 16:58

yes
The answer is just another question.

natalie731

Post by natalie731 » Sun, 5. Aug 07, 21:13

I keep getting an error "Forbidden" when trying to access the Anarkis page or get any of their downloads...

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Sun, 5. Aug 07, 23:53

BoomerM6
x3tc

Bug!

Post by BoomerM6 » Fri, 28. Sep 07, 19:27

Hello,

I dont know why this happened but wow, i have never seen something ****** up like that before in this game.

I use XTM 7.3, X3 2.0.02 and bonus pack version 6.
(X3) YakiArmada-V1.09-05.09.2007.spk
I think i have no need to explain the problem, the images is saying all, but..
I think there is a big bug into this script becose of all (over 100+) yaki ship keep going to kingdom hear "before i stop the script by setting it to no".

My way to exterminate them was to put 10 xenon J into the sector in seta x10 during 4 mins.

[ external image ]

And the best one...
[ external image ]

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sat, 29. Sep 07, 07:49

:lol: ...If you want even more, try installing Jakesnake5's Yaki shipyard in Senator Badlands..You will have 300+ Yaki in Kingdom End before you know it...Like a train..... :lol:
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 01:14

Pogi wrote::lol: ...If you want even more, try installing Jakesnake5's Yaki shipyard in Senator Badlands..You will have 300+ Yaki in Kingdom End before you know it...Like a train..... :lol:
Thats what happened to me. It was fun at first, but got old cause I couldn't go into KE without the game crashing.
In the end I just had to use LVs cheats to kill them all.
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 02:44

Hi,

Possible bug report, I'm running YA with XTM 7.3 and the last version of the bonus pack and i'm running into trouble- Basically all the mobile pirate bases are spawning in sector= Null- I found the HQ and when i commed it listed all the bases as null.

Does any one have a work around forthis, or had similar problems. I've got PG installed and that is one of the best scripts I have ever used- so I really want to get YA working.

Cheers :)

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 03:05

You're not the only one having that "null" problem, my friend.

And it's not just with XTM, I can guarantee that. I've had that problem since long before installing XTM.

Generally speaking, there's an accessible Mobile Base in Senator's Badlands or Ocracoke's Storm, and you can communicate with it, and it'll tell you the locations of other Yaki bases... most of which are in "null".

Plus, if you complete a mission for them, that base will then jump... more likely than not, to "null".

Every so often, if you joined when that Base was still in its starting sector, you'll be informed "We're jumping to null" by some Yaki or other... and if you should chance upon a yaki fighter in a sector somewhere, and ask him for the location of the bases, he'll tell you "My homebase was destroyed, I'm lost as you are." Which I SUSPECT is an indication that his homebase jumped to "null".

My theory on this is simple. There are two possibilities.

1) The script, when it creates the mobile bases, and when it jumps them, fails to take into account the sector at location x, y actually exists. So the Mobile Base(s) end up in limbo and are never heard from again.

Either that or

2) The sector does exist(and those bases are somewhere), but the script is using the vanilla t-file to ref. the names... thus on a custom map, there sectors available for Yaki to jump to, but no name for them in 440001.xml. Thus, though they exist, the machine incorrectly identifies them as "null".

IMHO, the script would do well to have two ammendments:

1) Check sector at location x,y really does exist before spawning or jumping. That would ensure the ships and bases end up somewhere.

2) Limit spawning and jumping to Egosoft sectors only. That way, these sectors would always have a name listed in t file 440001.xml. Granted some mods might have t-files that rename some Egosoft sectors, but most tend to preserve them, and only add new sectors. It'd also prevent them jumping into one of the many Xenon Sectors added in by XTM, and thus getting destroyed before you can ever make contact with them.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 03:16

Reading back a page or two, and noting the "swarm" of Yaki congregating in Kingdom End, I think we can discount my second theory(about t-file refs.) and conclude that my first theory was correct.

The script is spawning Mobile Pirate Bases in, and jumping them to, sectors that don't exist.

As I say, this isn't XTM's fault, as XTM doesn't(as far as I know) remove any Egosoft Sectors - it only adds them. Ditto XFP, which maintains ever ES Sector and only adds in new ones.

In conclusion, I believe this script simply generates a random x,y reference before spawning or jumping, but fails to verify its existence.

It would also account for this, now wouldn't it?
Oh and if you dont believe me i can add the savegame to proof that the yaki wiped out any serious military force in the boron homeworld. I dunno what happend to the capital ships they are simply gone, possibly lured out or destroyed, it doesnt matter, the game got unbalanced so unplayable.
Seems that Aradiel1 was telling the truth afterall. Sad to see him/her branded a liar, wasn't it?

So, what transpired, 16 months ago, and was very neatly ignored, was that he/she was encountering the same bug. Yaki MPBs were being spawned in sectors that don't exist, and thus every Yaki ship in the entire Galaxy was flocking to Sector 0,0 in consequence. Result? Kingdom End completely overwhelmed by them, and a user making an honest bug report, giving a true account of what he/she witnessed, is told not to make things up.

16 months ago, and no fix ever implemented. Great shame. But a bigger shame to see an honest user with a true and accurate bug report told not to make things up, and discredited in such an off-hand manner.

Now I myself rarely go to Kingdom End, and having signed up with the Armada before their Base jumped to its non-existent destination, have had no reason to fear the Yaki.

What's more, MY Kingdom End was never likely to get over-run, as the numerous Minbari War Cruisers that patrol it can handle ANYTHING(and I do mean anything). Be that as it may, when running errands for the Bala Gi Research team, and thus visiting the Kingdom End Shipyard a lot, I did notice an increasing number of suicidal Yaki fighters moving in like lambs to the slaughter, and being massacred by the Sharlin, Tinashi and Lintara vessels that defend the Boron homeworld.

Now we know why.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 04:35

Ive also been getting this error, and I don't run XTM.
Its not all that noticable usually, as most of the Yaki ships just don't make it. They got a lot of sectors to go through to get there, and a lot of hostile police to get past. So its rare that one even gets there.
But it still doesn't stop them from trying.

And it seems it sort of creates a flow on effect to other scripts that create Yaki ships.
I installed the Yaki stations script and the two of them combined created a constant flow of M5s heading from Senators Badlands up to Kingdoms End.
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 04:58

I supsect that the reason this critical bug was seldom reported, and discounted as a lie when it was, is that few people chose to befriend the Yaki and join their Armada(indeed, until v. 1.08 you couldn't), and instead looked upon them as a new foe to defeat, and thus it largely went unnoticed that these MPBs were spawning in/jumping to non-existent sectors...

...causing the flood of Yaki migrating to Kingdom End.

All the same, I think it's very sad, as I said before, that when a user gives an honest bug report, with a true account of what he/she witnessed, that user is told not to make stuff up. Had that comment been taken seriously, this bug might well have been addressed, and this AL might well have been what it should have been.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 05:17

The script can still be modified. Serial Kicked is still about....right?

It says the MPBs are supposed to be repaired/refueled by the regular Pirate bases. Yet I saw a Yaki MPB fighting with a regular Pirate base. Well, the Yaki MPB was getting cut to pieces by the Pirate Bases laser towers. But it wasn't deploying any fighters.
Would the laser towers turn on the Yaki MPB if it collided with one of them?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 16:51

Yes, theoretically the script COULD still be modified to insure that the target sector, for spawning or jumping, does actually exist, which is, I suspect tha problem, but I honestly don't know if SK is still about.

If I get around to it at some point, I may well look through the scripts myself and try to fix the bug... but I wouldn't have permission to upload it.

I'd have to post the code in a thread, I suppose, and advise other users to make the same alterations.

I'll take a look at some point, and see if I can determine a solution.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 22:40

I sure hope so, this script really adds another dimension to the universe.

Only problem is, I seem to have found another 'bug'. It seems to be clashing with Nirwin's Sector Take over Script.
I took over my first sector a couple nights ago. Olmankestrat's Treaty, a Pirate sector. Strait away I started getting more pirates coming into the sector. But thats part of the takeover script. But last night the Yaki also joined in! I had that many Yaki MPB in my one sector that I lost count. And on a few occasions, more than one at a time! In fact often they would turn up repeatedly! Jump in, jump out, then back in again. Each time dumping loads of Yaki fighters, my sector Defenders were almost overwhelmed on several occasions. I had only factored in the increased Pirate activity. I lost an M6, and nearly lost my TL!
Luckily for me my HQ just gave birth to my second Hyperion. And because of the complexes I have I was able to shield and arm it to full capacity straight away.
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 23:26

Well, that's a more complex problem if it's a question of compatibility. I'm certainly not of a mind to rake through both SK and Nirwin's scripts to try and fix their overlaps/conflicts.

All I can suggest is, in future, don't try to annexe Yaki sectors.

However, one thing I MIGHT get around to doing, if/when I can be arsed, is finish a couple of station commands I had in mind, which will/may solve this problem.

They'll both be plugins for Docks/SYs(that'll include PHQ incidently), which may help out.

The first will be simple enough - Claim Sector. Quite simply, it will check who owns the sector, check if said Race has any stations I.S.(maybe Capital ships too, if I can be bothered enough), and if not - the sector's yours. Far simpler than the complexities of Sector Takeover, and the only investment required is the placement of one Dock or SY - greater choice than Sector Takeover, which only works with TradeDocks. And what use are they, compared to a PHQ or Shipyard?

Now of course, that won't stop the sector respawning of Ships and Stations... but I wrote another script which simply needs to be made into a Station command(again, usable at Docks and SYs), called "Thraxcorp Industrial Demolition Service"(TIDS for short, which sounds kinda cute, huh?). Accessible via Command Console of any Dock or SY, TIDS will quite simply demolish any non-Player rstation in the sector - PROVIDED you own that sector already. There will of course be a fee of like, 5 million per station or so.

Thus, you have to clear the sector of ships and stations first, and then place an SY, TrdDock, Eqdock or PHQ. That will allow you to claim the sector, and once you've done that, you can demolish any respawning stations any time.

Respawning ships, or ships trying to take back the sector however... you'll have to deal with yourself.

That's the theory. If/when it gets written will be precisely that - if and when. But we'll see. :)

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 23:54

Aren't the Yaki Pirates and the regular Pirates supposed to be two different 'races'? Taking over a sectors controlled by the normal pirates should effect what the Yaki do. It's like taking over a Boron sector and being attacked by both Boron and Argon forces. :?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 06:30

Yes, they're two different Races. Generally speaking, whenever I start up a new game(which I do frequently at present, as I'm trying to build up a mod compilation on my PC), I choose to ally with the Yaki but fight against the Pirates.

Next time around, I think I might ally with both(in the early stages at least), since my universe has a VERY powerful Xenon threat.

But yes, Pirates and Yaki are, or should be, entirely seperate.

Now, Gammel, and anyone else who's interested...

I'm afraid I don't bring good news regarding a fix for this game-wrecking bug(well, AL-Plugin-wrecking bug). For starters, Yaki Armada has 73 individual scripts to wade through; "count 'em if you will, I just know you won't," to quote Eddie Izzard.

*ahem, sorry*

No, but seriously, there are 73 different scripts.

Now it won't be too desperately onerous a task to flick through each one and look for entries of random sector application. A nussiance, but not impossible.

But the difficulty in sharing any fix I make is as thus... aside from the fact that I don't have te authority to upload a modified version of the Plugin, I don't really see any way that I can copy and paste the data into this thread. The other day, Nividium asked me to do that with a script I was writing(and which has a problem in it), and told me to open the script file with Internet Explorer, then copy the text into a post on this forum.

Well that was fine, and it worked, but I cannot get Internet Explorer to open and view any of the 73 scripts that make up Yaki Armada. It just won't do it.

My guess(though this is a guess) is that it has something to do with the compression and decrompession processes undertaken with Cycrow's Installer. My scripts you see, have never been compiled into .spks, but this lot have.

My only hope is that opening one(or more) in the game's Script Editor, making an alteration and then saving again, will result in said script(s) being saved in their "native" form or whatever - hopefully a form which Internet Explorer can read, but until I have a chance to try it, I annot give a guarantee.

Just thought I should let you know.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”