[SCRIPT] Capitol Ship Crews V1.31 : Update 24/01/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 04:32

+++++

Installed this and im able to see and buy the reapir components but im not getting anything on the Job Centers

++++++

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Sun, 16. Sep 07, 18:06

Hi Cycrow.
Great script.
But I have a problem .
I Have instaled this script in the Vanilla game , XTM and Roguey mods and works fine.
But i have installed in XPF and a ReadText error17-10253 and 17-10263 appear.
If I use "allow use of custom wares" the error appears. Otherwise no.

What is this?

Thanks

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 09:19

Alright I am just about at wit's end with this project. I got the script and everything seemed to work fine. I saw crew for hire, the job centers and the repair docks. However when I dock my first damaged ship onto my TL with a mechanic and workers assigned to it, nothing happens. So I come back here and discover that I need repair components. Fair enough, except that no where that I can find are these bloody things for sale (readme says EQD's but again no dice). Thinking it must be my fault, I make sure the script is running in the AL menu and sure enough it is. I make sure the two custom wares are running in the plugin manager, which they are. The website mentions needing to have script editor turned on, which I have now done. I even turned off EMP because of one of the posts in this thread referencing possible incompatibilities with other mods. Currently I am running the following scripts/mods:

Ashley's Factories(spk)
Capital Crews (spk)
Factory Complex Constructor (spk)
Beam dock
JDK
Fly though gate
FCS MK 3

Can someone, anyone, please explain to me what I am doing wrong and why these blasted items will not show up in game? I really would like to run this thing but quite frankly it's been more of a headache than a help. No other script to date has been a problem for me so I don't know why this one should.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 12:57

first of all, are you running any mods ?

when i say mods, im talking specifically of the oens that you have to select in the game startup "Select Mod Package".

if so, then make sure that the mod is also selected in the Custom Wares section in the Plugin Manager.

next, make sure that you are closing the plugin manager before running the game, this is because the ware files are created when you exit the program, if its still running, then they wont exist and therefor not loaded into the game.

the next check, is to c what fake patches you have in your game directory, you should have one for the Custom Wares, use the mod manager to open them up and c what files are in them.

finally, the script is designed to work without the custom wares as well, so if you disable custom wares in the plugin manager, then you should be able to use it without the repair componants if your still struggling to get it work.

one final check, u could use the cheat scripts to add wares to the ships, the repair componants should show up in the list there, if they do, then its simply a problem with adding to the EQ,s otherwise, it means the wares are not added to the game

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 17:54

The only mod that shows up on the X3 mod screen is Ashley's Factories. However this is controlled via the plugin manager so I always just have the plugin manager selected as my mod (can you have more than one running in mod selection screen in the X3 launcher?).

In custom wares the mod does not show up in the list (is it supposed to?).

How do I see if the fake patche(s) are there? I am a bit of a novice in this regard and have no idea how to do that. I went into the plugin manager game resources and did not find any listing for the repair components, just all the other wares I have activated as part of the other scripts/mods.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 20:22

I have now deleted everything involving X3 from my system. I then re-installed X3 along with the 2.02 patch and the Bonus Package (official patches right?). I then installed the plugin manager and only the capital crews. Custom wares were set to on and both items show as enabled. Plugin manager is selected as mod in the X3 launch screen. I have deleted all save games (dozens of hours of work down the drain). I then start a new game, enable the editor, save and reload.

Still these wares do not show up in equipment docks. What else could I possibly be doing wrong? The game is virtually vanilla with the exception of the Bonus Package and this one plugin. Will they only show once I have a capital ship or something? Having deleted my save games (they were corrupted anyway and causing me to crash) it will be forever before I know if the thing worked or not. I am literally tearing my hair out trying to get this thing to work correctly as no one else seems to have the bloody problem. Dear Bob I hate my life :cry:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 22:39

have u tryed the cheat scripts to c if they show in the wares list, this will answer if the problem is with adding the wares, or with adding them to the eq's themselves.

for fake patches, you need to look in the main X3 directory.

you will have a set of .cat and .dat files numbered in order.

ie, 01.cat and 01.cat, 02.cat ... etc

what number does this go upto ?

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 00:27

The .cat/.dat files go up to 10.

I do not know how to check the cheat scripts as I have never gone into the script editor to do anything.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 00:50

the cheat scripts, u'll need to download and install seperatly from the cheats sticky

then you just goto the ships command console and you will c the commands in the General Menu

one of them is to add ware, and it will bring up the ware list. The ware list will display all wares currently in the game, this should include the Custom Wares.

if you dont have EMP installed, then 10.cat is most likly the fake patch for the Plugin Manager.

also, i am currently testing the Custom Wares in the plugin manager, so i might find a problem with it

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 00:55

I just got the cheat scripts from LV and did not see anything that looks like repair components. The following seven items were not named:

Unidentified - there were two of these at the top. are these the wares for the components?
New ware 09, 10, 11, 15, 19

Also, at the moment EMP was installed at the time I posted that. I'm not sure why I put back it in but it's there.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 01:14

ok, if EMP is installed, then thats what will be in 10.cat most likly, you can check by going to "View Script Files" in the advanced menu of the plugin manager, then goto mod files of EMP, it should have 2 fiels, 10.cat and 10.dat

most likly then, the custom wares file is not being created for some reason.

another way to check this, is you could open the plugin manager, while its open, the fake patch is moved to the Mods file, and called PluginManager_fake.cat/.dat

you can check if that exists, when you close, this should be renamed to the next available fake patch

but it does sound that the Custom Wares file is not being generated for some reason

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 11:31

You said that if I just disable the custom ware in the plugin manager that it will work right? I guess it's kind of like cheating in a way but at this point I'll settle for that as I really love the concept of this script. I'm giving up on trying to get the wares to show up for now but if you ever figure something out let me know because I hate getting something for nothing :(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 12:39

just so you know, the original version of the script didn't require these extra componants, its a later addition, so without using them, ur just basically using the original version ;)

but im currently looking into improving the custom wares, so i might be able to get it fixed

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 13:45

<hands Cycrow a monkey and a wrench> :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Mon, 15. Oct 07, 06:24

Hey Cycrow you may remember the last time I posted in here I had an issue with getting your wares to show up. Well after apparently futzing up my PC to begin with and Litcube being kind enough to prove it to me beyond doubt I re-installed XP and of course X3. I just started my new game and low and behold the wares are there. I'm not entirely sure why they weren't in the first place but in case you were wondering :D

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Mon, 22. Oct 07, 09:58

Hello boys this script is fantastic! One question: but it is normal that entering a station repair the vessel repairs itself without questions about what I want to repair? Maybe it's already been asked and if so I apologize:D
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 06:30

Hey Cycrow, I was wondering if you're still planning on expanding the types of crews on the ships or not. I've noticed it's been a little while since this script was updated, and wondered if it's still being added to, or if you've moved on to other projects. Oh, and in case I come across wrong, I'm not trying to rush you or anything, merely wondering if you're still developing this script?

Thanks,
-Eidolon
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Fri, 2. Nov 07, 19:03

I have try to download the script but the link is broken :(
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

Malakie
x4

What is needed?

Post by Malakie » Sun, 23. Dec 07, 05:54

Cycrow wrote:just so you know, the original version of the script didn't require these extra componants, its a later addition, so without using them, ur just basically using the original version ;)

but im currently looking into improving the custom wares, so i might be able to get it fixed
Cycrow, What exactly do the crews need for repairs? What for hull repairs are needed and what for equipment repairs are needed? Also do the medical and chefs require any other wares to be on the ship for them to do their jobs?

I have crews installed but so far they do not seem to be doing any repairs of the hull or equipment or fighters landed on the ships.

Malakie

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Sun, 23. Dec 07, 06:25

I like this script, but i think it's a bit overpowered. I mean, my yacht repairs itself faster than the shields recharge! I can get millions worth of damage repaired in very little time.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”