[SCRIPT] Capitol Ship Crews V1.31 : Update 24/01/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 14:11

hmmm nothin immediate there.

Did you check the PM for any conflicts?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

jubjuby3
x3tc

Post by jubjuby3 » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 15:29

Buck_Rogers wrote:hmmm nothin immediate there.

Did you check the PM for any conflicts?
I wouldn't have a clue how, nor can i even work out what PM currently stands for, player mod? :oops:
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 16:23

Lol Don't worry about it. Took me a while to get the hang of the PM (Plugin Manager or Script Manager) to.

The PM is what you use to install .spk files.

Off the top of my head, I think the way to check for conflicts is from the "Advanced" menu. Look for an option in there called "Game Resouces"? click that, the PM should then say "Reading Text files". When it is finished you will have another box open in front of you with 3 tabs on (I think) 1 is command slots, 2 is command conflicts and 3 is ware conflicts. Scroll through the lists on the 2nd and 3rd tans, any any problems will be highlighted.

If the above is not right I'm sure someone will correct me. Or I'll correct myself if I can get a look at the PM ;)

To Cycrow: You really need to get pluginmanager.co.uk back up mate! :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

jubjuby3
x3tc

Post by jubjuby3 » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 18:19

Buck_Rogers wrote:Lol Don't worry about it. Took me a while to get the hang of the PM (Plugin Manager or Script Manager) to.

The PM is what you use to install .spk files.

Off the top of my head, I think the way to check for conflicts is from the "Advanced" menu. Look for an option in there called "Game Resouces"? click that, the PM should then say "Reading Text files". When it is finished you will have another box open in front of you with 3 tabs on (I think) 1 is command slots, 2 is command conflicts and 3 is ware conflicts. Scroll through the lists on the 2nd and 3rd tans, any any problems will be highlighted.

If the above is not right I'm sure someone will correct me. Or I'll correct myself if I can get a look at the PM ;)

To Cycrow: You really need to get pluginmanager.co.uk back up mate! :D
Doh, plugin manager, it's obvious afterwards :P

had a look through the conflict bits, everything seems to be filled with ticks, nothing seems to look out of place or anything, tis strange, oh well, no point worrying about it much i guess :P
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 20:05

hmmmm

Your sure everything has a green tick next to it? There are no red crosses AT ALL? If that's the case. I think it could be an installation problem.

I did have a similar problem. When entering Kingdom End the game would crash to the desktop. However, that was due to the Xtended Mod and Unitrader's HUD Mod. Since you have neither of those, then like I said, I believe you have a problem with your X3R installation.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 17:19

Buck_Rogers wrote:To Cycrow: You really need to get pluginmanager.co.uk back up mate! :D
i will do eventually, cant afford the hosting atm thou.
cant really host it on my home server anymore as it hammers too much of my bandwidth

when the new plugin manager is finished and a new site made ill look into getting it hosted again

Anestis
x4

Thanks!! and a couple of ideas

Post by Anestis » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 11:36

Cycrow you're the best mate thanks!! just what i was looking for, one of the greatest things missing in X3 as a space sim especially with capital ships. cheers and thanks again!!!

Oh before i forget! what do you think about adding something like a First Officer, Sargeant, Lieutanent, Soldiers, Marines, etc like a military crew since these are warships.. and maybe even captains for other capital ships you have and you be the admiral ?? and being able to rename each of the crewmembers too with the name you want...

Sniper101
x3tc

Post by Sniper101 » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 22:26

any way to implement this to TC ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 22:53

it wont be compatable in TC, ie relies alot of incooming questions and bbs, and neither are sutible for TC.

however, i do plan to make a TC version eventualyl

erik nilsson
x3tc

I have an idea that you may have use for!

Post by erik nilsson » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 21:08

I have an idea that you may have use for!

When the ship or of small ships, shoot down any that it is rewarding to shoot, so it could be used to deduct the payroll, or paid staff. (So that the ship has such an account similar to the factories so all rewards and ports where it is primarily taken from there.)
So to avoid the drawn directly from the player, or if the player has Bank Account village Blacky_BPG so be it there!
After the player has used all the time and grill at the beginning, and may not always be super loaded with money!

robertrodger24
x3tc

Post by robertrodger24 » Fri, 1. Oct 10, 03:36

Is there a date on when a version may come out of X3TC? Plus is the crew chatter going to be built into it?

bozo64r
xr

Cycrow's Capitol Ships (mainly to Cycrow :))

Post by bozo64r » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 00:22

Hey,

I use cycrow's capitol crews thing, and I hav an issue with it. When I try to assign crew to my ship it says I have non avialable even though I got '7 Good workers' from a trading station? Any ideas.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 00:45

As per S&M Posting rules questions regarding a script should always be asked in the topic of that script.

***merged***
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Re: Cycrow's Capitol Ships (mainly to Cycrow :))

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 10:58

bozo64r wrote:Hey,

I use cycrow's capitol crews thing, and I hav an issue with it. When I try to assign crew to my ship it says I have non avialable even though I got '7 Good workers' from a trading station? Any ideas.
Have you bought the "head workers"? I.E Chef, Chief Mechanic, Chief Surgeon.

You can only assign the workers if you've hired one or more of these.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 4. Jun 11, 16:25

yeah just make sure u've hired your chiefs first, u use them to assign the workers

human chancelor
x4

Post by human chancelor » Sat, 11. Jun 11, 13:49

thanks!

this is just what the game needs!
What do you mean you didn't do it? I just saw you! Now say sorry to the nice Boron...

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 23:19

I have 2 X3R installations. 1 with XTM and one without. I have a problem with my XTM install, which I think is related to this script.

My problem is, all of the trade screens on my EQ docks look like this:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00742.jpg

I've done everything I can think of to fix it. Including removing the Capitol Ship Crews script from the PM (v2.12), but for some strange reason this breaks my XTM instal! :evil:

Is there anyone who can help me with this? It's driving me nuts!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 16:33

usually that happens when a script tried to add wares that done exist.

ie a mod has changed the ware files, and no longer has entries for what the script is using.

if i was to guess, i would say those are the 2 wares used for repairing ships

it uses the custom wares feature of the plugin manager, so make sure thats enabled, also make sure XTM is selected as the base mod.

the latest plugin manager lite 1.40 beta might be a better option too, as its custom ware support is better, althou it should work fine in 2.12

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 18:39

Answered by the mighty Cycrow himself. I am indeed honoured. :D
Cycrow wrote:if i was to guess, i would say those are the 2 wares used for repairing ships.
Hence why I'm posting in this thread. :D I have also seen these wares change slots to. I.E if you look at the screenie I linked in my previous post, you will see the 2 repair components present. They have been listed before in the blank slots. Weird!
Cycrow wrote:it uses the custom wares feature of the plugin manager, so make sure thats enabled.
It is enabled, because if I remove the tick from the 'Allow custom wares' box, it breaks my XTM install.
Cycrow wrote:also make sure XTM is selected as the base mod.
If you mean selecting the XTM mod in the X3 launcher, I don't need to. I have it installed as a false patch.
Cycrow wrote:the latest plugin manager lite 1.40 beta might be a better option too, as its custom ware support is better, althou it should work fine in 2.12
Hav'nt used the lite version of the PM before. I've just gotten used to version 2.12 and would like to think I'm pretty good at using it to solve some of the other problems I've had.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 21:49

i assume your running with the plugin manager mod selected in the startup then ?

as that will hold the wares file

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”