[SCRIPT] Capitol Ship Crews V1.31 : Update 24/01/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vorgra
x3tc

Post by vorgra » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 05:10

Do you mind if I ask a question (which has probably been asked before)

However, the question is as follows - Is there any chance this Script/Mod would work for X3AP or is it possible for this to be made to work with X3AP?

rafezetter
x3

Did this work??

Post by rafezetter » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 04:08

rurquiza wrote:I did it! Just replaced all "Big Ship" references to "Ship". Now I can hire an ENTIRE CREW to a fighter if I so want! :D Off course I'm not gonna do it.

All I wanted was to put a mechanic in all my Mercury Freighters. :D

My question is: I didn't fully test it yet. Do you thing thats it? Or should I change something else?

Great Script anyway!!!
Did this work Rurquiza? sounds like a handy 'lil extra and lore friendly, can't expect the pilot to do everything can you?

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 23:53

any plans to upgrade this for AP ?

rurquiza

Post by rurquiza » Sun, 6. May 12, 03:21

Well, rafezetter, It's been working for me... so far... :)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 10. May 12, 21:38

Hello Cycrow

I need your help regarding the problem I'm still having with this script. I know you're a busy person, and would probably rather work on scripts for AP, than Reunion. But this is doing my head in.....still! :evil:

(see 2nd post on this page)

I've faffed around a bit more, but still have 2 blank slots in all the EQ docks in my Universe.

I thought I had figured it out when I found the entries for the Ship & Equipment Repair Components in BOTH TWareT.pck files present in 'cat 14' and in 'pluginmanager.cat' in the 'mods' folder.

And yes, the plugin manager is being used as the selected mod from startup. :D

So my next step was to use 'X3 ModManager' and delete the last 2 lines in TWareT.pck file in 'cat 14'. That did'nt work. So I tried deleting 'cat 14' altogether. That did'nt work. Then I tried deleting the same 2 lines in 'pluginmanager.cat. That then gave me 4 blank slots! So that did'nt work either.

I'm at a loss as to which file is being read to cause these blank slots.

Can you shed some more light on this plase mate?

Thanks in advance.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 13. May 12, 12:15

first thing you could check, is if you view the ware list in game, either via the script editor, or the cheat scripts to show it.

then see if you can find the 2 wares for the script. If they are there, then its likly your save game has the wares added twice at different ids.

you could then saftely ignore the blank lines, or use a script to remove them from the list.

you could also start a new game and check if the wares are still there or not

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 13. May 12, 17:38

Cycrow wrote:first thing you could check, is if you view the ware list in game, either via the script editor, or the cheat scripts to show it.

then see if you can find the 2 wares for the script. If they are there, then its likly your save game has the wares added twice at different ids.
Ok. I used the Add Ware cheat script and the 'Engine Repair Components' and the 'Ship Repair Components' were indeed present in the list. Not sure what the blank slots would have been represented by. Although, I did find 2 Read-Text errors in the list:

Read-Text17-7403
Read-Text17-7413

Could these be the blank slots?
Cycrow wrote:you could then saftely ignore the blank lines,
Oooooo no! lol if I was going to do that, I would not be asking you for help in eliminating the blank slots. :D
Cycrow wrote:or use a script to remove them from the list.
I have no idea how to do that. However, I did see a script made by you called 'Plugin.Manager.Purgeware' or something to that effect. I had no idea how to use it, as it asks for user input, when I run it:

Ware count?
Start Num?

No idea what to input for those. But could it help?
Cycrow wrote:you could also start a new game and check if the wares are still there or not
Tried that and the blank slots did dissappear. So the problem is obviously with my current save game. Which just happens to be my DiD game....

Typical!

I appreciate the help mate.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

unity100
x3tc

Post by unity100 » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 15:48

is this compatible with xrm ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 16:01

Scripts for X3R are generally not compatible with X3TC/AP without further adjustments.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Lt_Fairace
x3ap

Post by Lt_Fairace » Wed, 4. Nov 15, 14:33

does this have a TC version? I reaally want to have a crew on my ship at x3tc. :(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 10:23

unfortually not, its something i wanted to create for TC/AP but i havn't had the time to properly do it yet.

It may happen one day thou

mako372
x3ap

Post by mako372 » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 08:15

Still any chance of this becoming available in TC? Just loaded it back up not long ago and this addition would be a great plus to the game play.

Thanks,

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Jul 16, 16:27

Its still a hope one day, i did some work on it previously, but not anything worth releasing at this point

mako372
x3ap

Post by mako372 » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 02:09

Thanks, appreciate the reply. Gotta tell ya its a great game made awesome by people like you, just outstanding work.

summel

Post by summel » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 12:45

Download/mirror broken?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 18:26

Fixed.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

flori1994
x3ap

Post by flori1994 » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 20:43

what is with an update for X3: TC or AP? It would be perfect for a battlestar galactica fight as battlestars dont have shields. I would love such an update.

cdeeks
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Capitol Ship Crews V1.31 : Update 24/01/2007

Post by cdeeks » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 18:30

can this be used with XRM? I want a mod where I don't loose ship equipment every time I get in a fight. it is annoying as hell.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 19:06

This is a script for X3R, not for X3TC or X3AP. See the forum it was posted in for reference.

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 19:13

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 19:06
This is a script for X3R, not for X3TC or X3AP. See the forum it was posted in for reference.
i GOT HERE FROM SOME OTHER FORUM DIDN'T THINK TO LOOK LOL. dO YOU KNOW OF ANY MODS/SCRIPTS THAT WOULD HELP WITH SHIP EQUIPMENT BEING DESTROYED WHEN IN FIGHTS? i lost a jumpdrive at hull 95% lol

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”