X Plugin Manager V2.12 : Updated 23/01/2010 *LINUX VERSION AVAILABLE*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this program

5. Excelant
71%
4. Good
16%
3. OK
6%
2. Bad
1%
1. Terrible
3%
- Not really my thing
3%

Total votes: 2795

Sniper_Ghost20
x3

Post by Sniper_Ghost20 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 14:12

apricotslice wrote:
Similar problem to above: I have a fresh X3 REUNION Install - patched to 2.5 with XTM installed as well. Windows 7 32x

Plugin Manager installs fine and recognises downloaded scripts and the Game install directory. However when i close the plugin manager and load up X3 the game wont go beyond the initial startup screen...no errors pop up, the game simply wont start.

any ideas?
Make very sure you have the right program !

Reunion and TC are different games, and there are different versions of the Plugin Manager for each of them.

Your in the TC thread btw, not the Reunion thread. You would be far better off, moving this to the reunion thread and making sure you have the right program from that thread, than pursuing it here where it can be confused with the TC version and half the advise wont be correct for you.

The X3 Reunion Plugin thread Links to this thread for the latest version which is compatible for all the games. I'm well awre this is the TC forum but this is the only thread that is for the latest version.

I managed to get the Game to load by running the Plugin Manager in compatibility mode but now I'm faced with a random file not found error and CTD ingame.

This seems to be a Windows 7 problem as previously everything ran fine when I had Windows XP.

X3 reunion and XTM run fine on their own but as soon as i install the Manager this error pops up...this happens even with the previous versions.

I'll post this in the Reunion thread as well if necessary.
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum!" - Duke Nukem

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 02:54

First off thanks for all the work. As has been said many times you never cease to amaze.

Ok straight to the point. For reasons I won't get into I have a completely clean O/S (Win 7) and a vanilla form of the game updated to 3.1 with the bonus pack. I've been trying to reinstall the plugin manager and then the "All Scripts" package (I figure why not get it all done in one shot, right?) Unfortunately the scripts won't install. Not as group, not individually. So I started looking at the installer and noticed very few options were possible. I tried to specify the X directory and am told "Unable to locate X3.exe" and I'm quite sure it's there as I checked.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong or at least guide me to providing more pertinent information.

Thanks so much.

P.S. The updater won't seem to update.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 07:00

Please forgive the previous. I downloaded the Plugin Manger Lite V1.40 (Beta 1) and it works just fine.

Once again, thanks for the brilliant contributions.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Strath81

How to get my xsp ships once installed?

Post by Strath81 » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 04:54

Hey I'm new to X3 and have used cycrows plugin manager to install some xsp ships but can't find them anywhere in-game. I'm sure I've installed them correctly as the loading screens show me stills of the ships.

Do I buy them at a shipyard or is there some script command I need to use? Anyone able to help me out here?

Sorry if this seems like a noob question but I've scoured the net looking for an answer but can't find it :(

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 07:50

Use X3 Cheat Scripts and see if your new installed ships are into the ship list (use command - create ship), if your new ships are not show up into the ship list, then you are install ships incorrectly.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 09:12

I have no idea on what Plugin Manager (PM) does with "xsp" data. Therefore, we do have a PM question. Thread merged to a PM thread.

Just a hypothesis:
  • 'TShips' contains "specs" of ships. They do refer to 3D model.
  • 3D model data is in some other files.
  • 'TJobs' respawns NPC ships. A new ship may or may not match its criteria.
  • A script has to add the ID of a ship (reference to TShip entry) to a Shipyard in order for the SY to sell that shiptype.
If so, (1) new ships may appear as NPC and perhaps capturable, and (2) PM probably does not add the ship ID to Shipyards.

Strath81

Post by Strath81 » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 14:01

ok that makes sense and I kind of figured it to be the case :(
sooooo.... using script editor what script commands should I use to add these ships to pirate spawns and shipyard purchase lists.

Also I wouldn't mind adding them to merchant, argon or whatever spawns to add atmosphere to my game and make it seem like the ships belong in the X universe. Any ideas?

Also also thanks for the link to the cheat scripts download, all noobs who are interested in modding their game should know about this :)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 17:40

I've managed to add a few if the "freebie" ships to a shipyard. Thanks to the PM and an XTM cheat. :D
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Strath81

Post by Strath81 » Mon, 18. Apr 11, 09:06

Yeh cool I managed to add them to a shipyard using the xtm cheat "add ships to shipyard". Thanks for that buck. Now if I only knew how to get them to spawn as pirates......... *sigh*

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 18. Apr 11, 17:58

the only thing I can think of, without having to make scripts of your own to do it. Is to use LV's create ship script. You can then assign it to the Pirates.

Although, It would probably take along time to create the number of ships your probably looking for, to fill your universe.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

chelok

Post by chelok » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 12:50

Says: "Unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe"

Of course you can't find it, I want to use it on X3TC.exe ! >.>

GrrlPower

Post by GrrlPower » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 12:04

As far as i know,this is the lastest version. Yet for a couple scripts i tried to install,it wouldnt let me saying it was because the script was created on a higher version

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 15:26

There is a lite version of the PM, which replaced this one. Although I hav'nt used it yet. I still use this version. (V2.12)
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

GrrlPower

Post by GrrlPower » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 00:28

I will try out the lite version and see if it helps,thx a bunch,Buck

bernoud
x3tc

Post by bernoud » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 08:53

download links are broken.

Thank you to fix this.
A l'abordage ! est le sujet réunissant tutoriaux et vidéos d'abordages de vaisseaux !
10 000 Lasers de réparation, X3TC vanilla exploit

bernoud
x3tc

Post by bernoud » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 08:54

download links are broken.

Thank you to fix this.

(one is working here)
A l'abordage ! est le sujet réunissant tutoriaux et vidéos d'abordages de vaisseaux !
10 000 Lasers de réparation, X3TC vanilla exploit

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 17:40

Why do i get an invalid package error when I try to load some .spk files?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 02:38

either curropt, or the package is of a later format.

using the plugin manager lite from the TC forum would solve that

hytaki
x3tc

Post by hytaki » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 07:05

Is there a Mac OSX version of this? I want to use the automated station supply trader functions I used on a PC a couple of years ago... now I am only able to play via Mac though.

If I need to use the Linux version, how do I go about that?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 14:29

theres not a mac version yet.

the source code is available for a linux version, but it doesn't have the compile scripts yet, so u'll need to manually compile it.

if you know what ur doing, then u might be able to get it compiled on linux and mac

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”