X Plugin Manager V2.12 : Updated 23/01/2010 *LINUX VERSION AVAILABLE*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this program

5. Excelant
71%
4. Good
16%
3. OK
6%
2. Bad
1%
1. Terrible
3%
- Not really my thing
3%

Total votes: 2795

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:03

Hope to see this as sticky, if supported by the masses as it looks to be, it should be used as the norm for script installation....

This in turn could further encourage those in the other forums to wet there feet in script play where normally they would not due to fears of breaking there game.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:08

arcana75 wrote:Wondering how many scripters are supporting this? So far only u Cycrow are supporting urself :oops:

I guess you missed my post.

Found a BUG: if script is disabled and then removed, it removes files from the wrong dirs (copied them back after disabling). It should remove them from Disabled Dirs. Or am I missing something?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:20

arcana75 wrote:Wondering how many scripters are supporting this? So far only u Cycrow are supporting urself :oops:

I think this tool is probably the best thing to happen to the scripting community! Reminded me of Morrowind's plugin tool.

EDIT1: Cycrow, one small tweak, could u allow users to change the "Current Directory"?? It's set to "C:\Documents and Settings", while I have all my X resources in E:\, or at least remember the last directory it checked when one clicked "Install Script".

EDIT2: Hmmm one more thing... it's nice to keep all the XScriptInstaller files in the dir I specified as the install dir. It's kinda "unfriendly" that xscript.dat and scriptinstall.dat are in the D&S folder.

Thanks for everything!
u can change the current directoy to the X3 directory, and then thats where the scripts will be installed

goto file->change directory
then select the x3 directory, this should be saved when ever u load, if its defaulting to documents and settings, then the current directory you set might be invalid

the script install.dat sohuld be in ur x3 directory, which is set by the current directory

if u have any problems, then let me know

well, a few scripters are using this atm, i know aDj is as well as Naffarin
just take abit of time for everyone to start using it

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:21

A dJ wrote:

I guess you missed my post.

Found a BUG: if script is disabled and then removed, it removes files from the wrong dirs (copied them back after disabling). It should remove them from Disabled Dirs. Or am I missing something?
:oops: seems i forgot about that, i will fix it in the next version

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:57

Cycrow: As x-it suggest, can you make a progam that enable varius mod too, or include one in your script package/installer? Could that be done?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 16:04

well, what it could do, would be to rename all the mod files, so u have 05.dat, 06.dat, etc

but if they use the same files, then each one would overright the one b4, and could cause the mod to break

so would have to have a priority system, so it orders the mods in the right order, so the ones u prefer to be working have the highest numbers

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 16:09

Cycrow wrote:

I think this tool is probably the best thing to happen to the scripting community! Reminded me of Morrowind's plugin tool.

EDIT1: Cycrow, one small tweak, could u allow users to change the "Current Directory"?? It's set to "C:\Documents and Settings", while I have all my X resources in E:\, or at least remember the last directory it checked when one clicked "Install Script".

EDIT2: Hmmm one more thing... it's nice to keep all the XScriptInstaller files in the dir I specified as the install dir. It's kinda "unfriendly" that xscript.dat and scriptinstall.dat are in the D&S folder.

Thanks for everything!
u can change the current directoy to the X3 directory, and then thats where the scripts will be installed

goto file->change directory
then select the x3 directory, this should be saved when ever u load, if its defaulting to documents and settings, then the current directory you set might be invalid

the script install.dat sohuld be in ur x3 directory, which is set by the current directory

if u have any problems, then let me know

well, a few scripters are using this atm, i know aDj is as well as Naffarin
just take abit of time for everyone to start using it
Yeah, I think it TRIED to install the scripts in my D&S directory (I have no idea why it detected that directory). I had to set the directory again to my X3 dir and reinstall the spk files.

Still, could u allow the differentiation of script-install directory, and X3 game directory? ie "Choose your script folder" and "Set X3 game folder" for example :)

Mod thing, well I feel the X3 ModManager + X3's own mod interface should suffice? The X3-MM already detects similar files. :P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 16:25

u mean having to default directories, where wher x3 is installed to, and where the scripts get insalled, and the other to where it first starts to look for the scripts when u goto install ?

u can also double click on the spk files to have them installed automatically ;)

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 16:33

@ Cycrow. Just downloaded your v1 scriptinstaller but the readme states
its version 0.93 is this just the readme out-of-date or is the whole
package still set at 0.93 :o :?
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 16:35

if u load up the program, it will display the version in the title bar, so u can c what version it is

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 16:39

I had the same thing last night, try grabbing the other package installer.
README should say 1.00 as well.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 17:24

Cycrow wrote:u mean having to default directories, where wher x3 is installed to, and where the scripts get insalled, and the other to where it first starts to look for the scripts when u goto install ?

u can also double click on the spk files to have them installed automatically ;)
Doubleclicking is a good move :)

What I thot was... I have my scripts (which I get from this forum) in E:\Downloads\Gaming\X\X3\Scripts. As u can see it's deep... Currently to install a script I'd navigate out of D:\X3 (my X3 dir) and go to E drive then several dirs deep to pick up the script to install. I repeat this for all the spk files I want to install.

Ideally (to me at least) it'd be nice to choose "Select default folder to find spk files" (ie E:\Downloads\Gaming\X\X3\Scripts). The game directory ought to be a fixed directory (ie D:]X3), requested upon install of the XScriptInstaller, and not asked nor changed anymore (except maybe editing a conf or ini file) since I would imagine most players only install X3 and XScriptInstaller once, tho I'd imagine there might be some people with more than 1 X3 install, if that's even possible.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 17:46

well, wont be hard to add a default irectory for scripts

the idea of being able to change the directory x3 is in, is because many ppl, including myself have multiple x3 directories so it means if u really wanted, u could have seperate scripts installed in differnet copies of x3

but yeah, double clock would help there ;)
the installer should register the file extension so it should just work
otherwise if u do open with, and select the installer, that will also work

i've been trying to get dropped files working, but for some reason the list doesn't wanna accepted the dropped files.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 19:27

Thanks Cycrow I will apreciate that :roll: :D I use Blackrain Rebalance Easy, no civilian and no fog the last one is from a german site I think. Anyway I Play with Blackrain easy and load it the normal way, and the other two I rename them with 06 dat/cat and 07 dat/cat. Nothing happend with the last two.

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:01

I have a crash bug with the following package file:

Code: Select all

Name: Station Trader
Author: Naffarin
Script: D:\temp\stationtrader\scripts\setup.plugin.strader.xml
Script: D:\temp\stationtrader\scripts\plugin.strader*
Text: D:\temp\stationtrader\t\448102.xml
Text: D:\temp\stationtrader\t\498102.xml
Readme: D:\temp\stationtrader\readme.stationtrader.txt
All of the files exist and are being loaded into the packager. I use the "Set current date" button and input the version of the package file. When i click on autosave the executable crashes. The first time i tried it a window was shown "Cannot find text file" or something like that, but it is not shown on subsequent retries.

Version is shown as 1.00

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:13

yeah i've just noticed the error, unfortuatly not been able to find it yet

seems the error only occurs when i compile it in release mode, and works perfectly in debug mode, which is annoying, coz i need it in debug mode to try and fix it :(

ill keep trying, althou the Auto save from package script seems to work, which is also odd coz that uses the same function to save

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:19

Probably a nullpointer somewhere, i get the usual c0000005 exception.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:23

well, managed to track it down and fix it
so it will be fixed in the next version :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.10

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:54

I thought ill get the next version out to fix the bugs that have been found and a few requests

The installer will now associata the XScript Packager Script files, (sps) with the packager, so you can load them in to create a package file by simply double clicking.

Also added an emaple with the install for the script files and the varibles that you can use ;)
you can find it in the installed directory, called bountyhunt.sps

V1.10
* Added update checker, to check if there is an updated version
* (Installer) Fixed uninstalling of disabled scripts
* (Packager) Loading Package script files (SPS) into packager
* Added example packager script with the install
* (Installer) Added default scripts directory to install from
* (Packager) Fixed Packager script auto creation
* (Packager) Fixed Auto Save button when loading in a package script

Kakurate
x4

Post by Kakurate » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:59

Can you add an option to change autosave directory? I have the packager in a different folder than my X3 game dir

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”