Community Extended Mod Pack {EMP} v1.4 & 2.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

quinmalkiq
x3tc

Post by quinmalkiq » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 08:33

Hello,
Issue sorted.
Younger brother was installing a Cheat Script for his game.
That was causing the Universe map to reveal itself. Script now
deleted and issues in question have been resolved.
Thank you for your time
2.66ghz Intel Dual Core CPU
2 Leadtek 9600GTx (1gb Edition) in SLI Mode
3 Corsiar 1gig DDR2 Ram
2 Sony Dvd Rom Burners 8x/16x
2 Western Digital 160gig Sata2 HDD
1 Western Digital 500gig Sata2 HDD
Hytec 600watt PSU
Ozaki Surrond Sound Speakers
BenQ 22inch Widescreen
Logitech Cordless MX Comfort Duo

Trifler
x3tc

Post by Trifler » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 04:02

Hmm the download links in the first post are all dead. :(

04ihegba
x3

Post by 04ihegba » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 14:20

Download 2 works for me, but yes, the rest are all dead!
Rig:
Sandy Bridge i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz
Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4
Geforce 560Ti 1GB
8GB Crucial DDR3-12800 RAM
6TB of HDD, 256GB Agility 3

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 19:29

Cycrow's hosts do go on and off, normally as we've all whored his bandwidth which is why there are mirrors as my site has very little downtime due to very little downloads

ophion
x3tc

Post by ophion » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 13:30

hey guys i have a problem understanding the installation of the emp
do i use the spk or not
very confusing
there is a spk file but the install instruction tells onley about .dat .cat
please help thank u

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 19:30

Installed it, everything works fine ... but I get alot of ReadText items in the in-game script editor. How do I fix it :? I have the US version of the game, and I dl'd EMP off the 2nd link, the others ere dead.
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 20:12

you don't, those readtexts are the new wares emp adds
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 20:13

oh, ok then :D I was abit unnerved about them because I read somewhere here on the forums that those readtexts mean something's incompatible.
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 16:25

I get a crash with 2.01 during the first patrol mission in the story line, when hostiles appear in the sector. I have been able to reproduce this on another install running on a separate machine aswell. Is anyone able to confirm that?

Running X3:Reunion 2.5

Edit: I installed a manual package that I renamed to 13, and later installed the spk. This seems to be the source of the problem as I deleted the manually installed files and reinstalled the spk, and there are no crashes so far. :shock:

Second edit: That didn't fix the problem after all. I get crashes later in the game. Similar to the first one, when enemies appear. There are other random crashes as well. Disabling EMP solves the problem.
Last edited by Cith on Tue, 28. Apr 09, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

thunderai
x3tc

Post by thunderai » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 17:57

I have the plugin manager, and I downloaded the spk version of the file for 2.01 + bali gi.

When I install the mod the plugin manager tells me it may not work, and in the custom ware tab all i get is a number 10 and no listed wares.

I have X3:R 2.5. anyone know whatys causing the problem?

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 16:14

thunderai wrote:I have the plugin manager, and I downloaded the spk version of the file for 2.01 + bali gi.

When I install the mod the plugin manager tells me it may not work, and in the custom ware tab all i get is a number 10 and no listed wares.

I have X3:R 2.5. anyone know whatys causing the problem?
You have a newer version of the game. I have tested EMP on 2.5 and it will crash at some point in the game. It will continue to do so until emp is disabled. I have yet to locate the exact cause of the problem, but I know it is EMP as it's the only mod I have installed with no scripts using it (to isolate the crash).
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

J-Guile

Post by J-Guile » Tue, 26. May 09, 07:29

So does EMP work with x3 ver 2.5? I installed two scripts that require it, but didn't install EMP since I see people saying that it will cause the game to crash. Merchant Guild, and Ship Jamming device. The merchants guild seems to work ok (I get missions, the shipyards are there, and the sattelites, the BBS has info on best buys and sales, etc). The only problem is that when I reached level 2, I got a blank text message. But checking on my guild status says that I reached level 2. I haven't tried the ship jamming device yet. Now I'm not sure if I should remove the scripts or not?

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Tue, 26. May 09, 12:58

J-Guile wrote:So does EMP work with x3 ver 2.5? I installed two scripts that require it, but didn't install EMP since I see people saying that it will cause the game to crash. Merchant Guild, and Ship Jamming device. The merchants guild seems to work ok (I get missions, the shipyards are there, and the sattelites, the BBS has info on best buys and sales, etc). The only problem is that when I reached level 2, I got a blank text message. But checking on my guild status says that I reached level 2. I haven't tried the ship jamming device yet. Now I'm not sure if I should remove the scripts or not?
The EMP only adds extra slots for modders to use. So what you will be missing by not having it installed, is text. Any script that needs EMP will be missing text or having (Read-text ####) where the modded slot should be. The script should run fine by itself as it doesn't change anything else. However, if there are internal references to the ware numbers in the script, then it might break. You'll just have to test. Hopefully there will be an update for EMP in the future :)

J-Guile

Post by J-Guile » Tue, 26. May 09, 13:47

Ok thanks for the info.

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 11:48

I tried to play with {EMP} but game crashes or starts showing everything in blue colors, so if you don't quit the game within a couple of minutes your eyes will scream at you! >_<
I understand that it adds extra slots, gives names to ead-Text items and so on, but playing in the way described above is just impossible. :(

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 01:04

Sorry, "aalaardb.strike9.com" does not exist or could not be found
that was for the first download link
AalaarDB wrote:This is a community developed mod - it is not endorsed by Egosoft.

Remember, whenever Egosoft releases a new patch, come here and see if there is an update!
Download the latest version here (works with X3 v1.4):
Extended Mod Pack 10kb
Extended Mod Pack Mirror Rar file : hosted by LV

]

RAR File that was all i got with the seond download link with a picture w/ white background and some funny looking "webpage" with some colored dots on it,.. no zip file. AHH ok i found it in properties : it is a PCK file as most of my files are in the scripts folder except for the ones(html docs) i put in there from the pirate guild.

:o so i am probably guessing that all the debugs i did when the game would not run(pc prob not software issue) i may have messed up alot of stuff yes? like in options for game i no longer have the ga;axy editor anymore.
of course it has been 6 yrs since i played or so and as well as the debugs i recently did this time around :o

so oops :headbang: maybe i should just buy a new X3R and wait til i have the correct specs(New PC just for X3R) to play it?

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 07:00

TO INSTALL:
Default Installation:
Unzip the file to your main X3 directory. Be careful not to overwrite any files. If you are asked to overwrite any files, extract the zip to a temp folder. Then check in your Main X3 directory for files called 04.dat .. 05.dat and find the highest number. Rename the new files to the highest number + 1, and place them back into the main directory. This is the default method because it allows you to select another mod to run on your games.

ok i found those .dat ; :o so do i rename all 4-9 ie: 4=5, 5=6 etc? or just rename the 09.dat to 10?
or do i have to rename like this?: 04+1, etc for all? :o

:o umm i made a big mistake :rant: i think i choose XML Editor and checked use this to open these kinds (whatever it is when you choose to use something to open a program) how do i get this to be undone? :headbang: :thumb_down: :rofl:

everytime i download the EMP it has the XML editor icon :evil:

Prometheus11

Post by Prometheus11 » Sat, 28. Nov 09, 00:56

Total Noob to the forum, but Ive had no luck with searches other than finding this thread.
I installed X3:R and updated to 2.5

I came across this thread because the scripts i installed gave me some gibberish messages upon loading as well as some gibberish menu buttons, as have been described by others.

I realize it has to do with having this mod installed, so Im just asking if theres any news on progress of an update, or if there will even be an update?

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 08:16

CRAP. I accidently installed this script into my terran conflict game with the .spk installer. It's not showing up on my x-universe plugin manager lite and I cannot figure out a way to uninstall it! Help!! Argh!

on my complex hub for my advanced drone factory mk ii I now has za_EMP_blank_ware_custom10_2

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 12:44

XTM is NOT for X³ Terran Conflict. :P

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”