Community Extended Mod Pack {EMP} v1.4 & 2.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nothingbetter2do
x3

Post by Nothingbetter2do » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 19:57

i too get this game frozen with sound looping error... i also have v2.5 with only EMP & XTM 0.7.3.... it seems EMP is not compatable with V2.5 update.

Game works fine if i remove EMP (but no other scripts work either)

Tried EMP with a Vanilla copy with update 2.5 installed and get same problem occuring.... EMP is NOT compatable with V 2.5

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 22:40

@Nothing better2do
Minor issue: DO NOT INSTALL EMP WITH XTM.

XTM has it's OWN copy of EMP. XTM has NO compatiblility issues with 2.5. XTM has it's own problems with things.

Also, Install the Bonus Pack. Even if you don't select any scripts to install, it will install fixed files for some things that were originally broken. Like the Universal Trader bug that caused the game to freeze.

@Kari91
What you are experiencing has nothing to do with the EMP mod.

It DOES sound like a problem with Gaius. I suggest you post a report there and see if the author can find out whats going south.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 20:08

Hi, couple of questions...

I'm updating one of my scripts to resolve a conflict (CLS Mk. 2 is using the ware slot I was), so I want to change from standard ES ware to an EMP ware (or even a custom ware is cycrow's installer).

Firstly, is there an up-to-date list of what ware slots are available (the list on page one of this thread has a 'last updated' stamp of Apr. 11, 2006)?

Secondly, I want my ware to show up as a ship extension in equipement docks, not as 'goods', is this possible? (and if so, how?) (and if not, is there any way to do this?)

Thirdly, I tried using lib.cycrow.addware and lib.cycrow.keepstock.add to maintain stock levels of my ware and it didn't work, but when I changed to lib.cycrow.xfp.addware on its own, it worked. Which should I use with EMP (if any) and what's the correct format?

Lastly, I want my ware to be available in all Equipment Docks, not just race specific ones, lib.cycrow.addware and lib.cycrow.xpf.addware don't seem to support 'null' for the race parameter, is the only way (with the addware scripts) to specify every race individually?

Thanks for any help!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 23:52

Extension slots are VERY rare, and are mostly used up.

EMP wares won't show up as software updates (since the 1.4 patch fixed that :(), only as goods.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 31. Mar 08, 01:41

Hi Jakesnake5,

Thanks for the reply.

So basically, the only solution I have is to use a custom ware in Cycrow's installer (rather than an EMP slot) and it *has* to be classed as 'goods'?

Just looks so lame when all the other software is listed under 'Ship Extensions' and mine is in 'Goods'... :( If anyone knows of a way to change this, please let me know!

Anybody got any info on the Cycrow libs, don't want to bother him too much if someone else can help!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 27. May 08, 15:24

Hope the Mods dont mind me posting in this :D , but I think I have an EMP related problem.

OK I have installed a script via the PM which causes a readtext error. Upon checking the EMP thread I understand it is probably caused by it. I also noticed that the manual way to install the EMP was via the false patch method. (rename to highest .dat & .cat)

My query is:

I have since installed an alternative HUD via the false patch method. So wondered if this is why the readtext error was appearing? As the EMP was no longer the highest .dat/.cat. Do I need to reinstall the EMP again? In order to have that using the highest .cat/.dat files? Would I just install it again via the PM? or would I have to do it manaually?

Any help appreciated!

Thank you
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 23:14

Hi folks,

All 3 of the links for the EMP 2.01 spk seem to be broken :( . Is there still somewhere to get this file?

Thanks.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Fri, 20. Jun 08, 09:58

Hi dtrowle,

Just downloaded the spk file with no problems. Make sure if you download the .spk version your right click and choose "save as". Once it's on your computer, make sure your browser didn't save the file with a .HTML extension or .HTM extension. If it did, rename the file by taking of the extention and adding .spk in its place.

If you can't see the extension and have Windows XP or Windows Vista, click on "tools" goto "Folder Options" then goto "view" tab then find "Hide extensions for known file types" and remove the checkmark in front of it.

Grey
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Fri, 20. Jun 08, 15:40

FalconGrey,

Thanks. Yeah, after my last post and some more tinkering with the links I realized that their was a pattern in the gibberish that showed up when trying to download the spk :D . Then I realized I needed to save as and manually change the extension.

It's always the simple things in life that seem most complicated in retrospect.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Wed, 25. Jun 08, 21:13

When trying to install EMP to a 2.5 patched game, I get a window saying it's meant for X2 and Bala Gi 2.02 and might not work.

Do I install it anyway? If not, is there an updated version for 2.5?

Thanks.
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Wed, 25. Jun 08, 21:18

Hi Meltdown,

It works for me and I have 2.5. I am only using the Salvage Claim Software though so I don't know if anything else affects it.

superbun
x3tc

Post by superbun » Thu, 10. Jul 08, 18:21

dose anyone know if the x-fleet ships ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0 ) use this mod because I get a read text error with them?
Last transmission of split military python AE-316:
"Split say...ARRRGG!"
-------------------------------------------------------
X3:TC Soundtracks Tutoral

tedbrass
x3

Emp

Post by tedbrass » Sun, 10. Aug 08, 21:06

How do you install EMP. This is all new to me and I would like to learn. I have installed X plugin Manager but can't get the scripts. When I download EMP I don't know what to do with it.:?
Tedbrass

defender01

Post by defender01 » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 18:04

The Extended MOD largely makes starting the game infuriatingly harder as in getting the Mamba Raider. If you had all it takes to get it, you wouldn't need the Mamba Raider in the first place. This is a real game stopper. Since the X Universe is Cruel enough, making this harder is not making it better - no matter how much is added to the game in my humble opinion. Forgetting the first rule of all game creation "playability", this mod severely falls short. I'm about ready to chuck it in favor of the original. (defender@insightbb.com).

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:19

defender01 wrote:The Extended MOD largely makes starting the game infuriatingly harder as in getting the Mamba Raider. If you had all it takes to get it, you wouldn't need the Mamba Raider in the first place. This is a real game stopper. Since the X Universe is Cruel enough, making this harder is not making it better - no matter how much is added to the game in my humble opinion. Forgetting the first rule of all game creation "playability", this mod severely falls short. I'm about ready to chuck it in favor of the original. (defender@insightbb.com).
i think u've posted in the wrong place.

this mod does not change the difficutly in any way

quinmalkiq
x3tc

Post by quinmalkiq » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 08:33

Hello,
Issue sorted.
Younger brother was installing a Cheat Script for his game.
That was causing the Universe map to reveal itself. Script now
deleted and issues in question have been resolved.
Thank you for your time
2.66ghz Intel Dual Core CPU
2 Leadtek 9600GTx (1gb Edition) in SLI Mode
3 Corsiar 1gig DDR2 Ram
2 Sony Dvd Rom Burners 8x/16x
2 Western Digital 160gig Sata2 HDD
1 Western Digital 500gig Sata2 HDD
Hytec 600watt PSU
Ozaki Surrond Sound Speakers
BenQ 22inch Widescreen
Logitech Cordless MX Comfort Duo

Trifler
x3tc

Post by Trifler » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 04:02

Hmm the download links in the first post are all dead. :(

04ihegba
x3

Post by 04ihegba » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 14:20

Download 2 works for me, but yes, the rest are all dead!
Rig:
Sandy Bridge i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz
Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4
Geforce 560Ti 1GB
8GB Crucial DDR3-12800 RAM
6TB of HDD, 256GB Agility 3

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 19:29

Cycrow's hosts do go on and off, normally as we've all whored his bandwidth which is why there are mirrors as my site has very little downtime due to very little downloads

ophion
x3tc

Post by ophion » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 13:30

hey guys i have a problem understanding the installation of the emp
do i use the spk or not
very confusing
there is a spk file but the install instruction tells onley about .dat .cat
please help thank u

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”