X3 Cheat Scripts 1.4 : Post ALL cheat questions/requests HERE!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TENGILL
x4

Post by TENGILL » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 10:23

Can you tell us xaktly what you did to get it to work?
i must be doing somthing wrong.
Can it be that i did not install to the default drive "C" but to my ather drive?

TENGILL
x4

Post by TENGILL » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 10:58

Ok did a reinstall of the game, this time to default dir.
Now the scripts work.
So try installing the game to default path in setup.
That may do the trick.

welshdave

Post by welshdave » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:49

right i done all this and managed to get it working, however when i go to command menu and click on general it displays the command box with the cheats i.e add money ect, but forgive me for being a n00b how do i edit the values from there, i tried clicking on add money wich is number 7 on the list then tried hitting enter i just get the message command rejected. can anyone help pls

swisstony
x3

Post by swisstony » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 20:27

Can i just ask what actually happens when you activate a cheat, are there glowing letters permanently etched in your hud or something? I'd like to know whether there are any practical ramifications to using it, above and beyond cheating itself of course.

Thanks

markkram95
x3

To enable cheats "FULL EXPLANATION"

Post by markkram95 » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 21:58

There are too many "how does it work?" questions here!!
Has anybody used the script editor before or have a half decent knowledge of how to extract files to the right directory? Seems not.
It is SO easy!

1. extract both "t" and "scripts" folders to the main root X3 folder.
(replacing existing folders there) or copying contents to both folders in the original X3 root folder.

2. Enable script editor. (Type "Thereshallbewings" in the "Rename pilot" option menu) The player name will not change (from Julian) and there will be a slight pause with a beep.)

3.Enter into the command console through the "ship" or "property" sub-menus. Finally select "script editor".

4.Select "Reinit caches" to refresh the list of scripts and add the new cheats.

5. enter into the command console again in the "ship" or "property" tabs.
below "Navigation", "combat" and "combat" if you have fighting software installed there will be a "general" tab.

6. Select the tab and list of new cheat scripts will appear with "FULL" instructions on how to us them!!

To get a script to work, highlight the required cheat, then press R. This will run the script. Do NOT just press return as this will not "RUN" the script, only open it. Once open it will give you "arguments" where you enter the value like the number if energy cells or ships, and simple selections like which ship you would like to spawn for example!!

If the General tab doesn't show up, you can simply open the script editor itself instead (I do) and the cheats will be listed there too!!!

Simple as 1,2,3,4,5,6. :P

(if you press return instead of r to run a selected script, this opens the script and from here the values can be changed or adjusted to your liking....)

g04tn4d0
x4

Re: X3 Cheat Scripts

Post by g04tn4d0 » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 22:39

LV. wrote:Ok nobody here wants you to cheat, It would be much better for you to play the game as intended but as it's a single player game and therefore your choice. :-)
Not nearly as much as I don't want to start all the way over and lose all the money and ships I worked hard to earn from X2. Thanks for this cheat script! I might just buy this thing, then. It should help make the buggy gameplay tolerable while I await the next big band-aid for X3. :D

swisstony
x3

Post by swisstony » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 00:45

I am missing something simple I'm sure.

I have the script editor working. I go into the add money script and I navigate through the expressions till i come to the cash one where i'm meant to add cash.

I don't know what to do next. I've managed to get $cash expression changed to 500000 but it does nothing when I escape out.

Could someone talk me through what happens once I have the argument in front of me? I've tried the stickies and one of the web links but I get the impression that this bit is so obvious that they don't ever dwell on it.

Thanks

swiss

markkram95
x3

Post by markkram95 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 11:34

swisstony wrote:I am missing something simple I'm sure.

I have the script editor working. I go into the add money script and I navigate through the expressions till i come to the cash one where i'm meant to add cash.

I don't know what to do next. I've managed to get $cash expression changed to 500000 but it does nothing when I escape out.

Could someone talk me through what happens once I have the argument in front of me? I've tried the stickies and one of the web links but I get the impression that this bit is so obvious that they don't ever dwell on it.

Thanks

swiss
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is easy, but can be easily overlooked don't worry!!

QUOTE:

Try pressing return, not escape, if that is what you are doing, I think when you press escape, you cancel the commands for the script editor and exit it!!!!

swisstony
x3

Post by swisstony » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:07

thanks, i got it now :)

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:20

I ran the supertune script but cannot get my ship to go faster than 52. Any ideas?

Therm
x3tc

Post by Therm » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 03:18

SpatryX wrote:I ran the supertune script but cannot get my ship to go faster than 52. Any ideas?
Yeah what you have to do is if say your ship has 10 engine tuning and you say add 10 more its not going to do anything you need to do 10+ so like add 15 and it will add 15 engine tunings if you go under 10 it will not go any faster you have to go over the amount on the ship same with rudder tunings

Hope that helps

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 03:31

i dont use the script so i dont really know how it works exactly, but supertunes usually work by simply adding engine tunings to ur ship much the same way as you buy them, but they add more than u can buy making the ship faster

so its best if u tune ur ship to the max first, then add the supertune after for better speed

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 05:10

ok... I figured it out... Thanks! and thanks to LV for these scripts!

pbplayer676
x2

Post by pbplayer676 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 05:21

I can't get the scripts to work from the command menu. I see the menu like it shows on the screenshot on the first post, but I press r, shift+r, enter... just about everybutton on my keyboard and it doesnt work. I did figure out how to manually go in and change the script but thats a pain, especially if i'm trying to make a fleet of ships. Maybe im just dumb, but i dunno.

Kalen_Darkmoon
x3

Thank You!!

Post by Kalen_Darkmoon » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 07:19

Any chance of making this a sticky? :D

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 12:08

There is no need to stickie this post as it's at the top of the forum constantly and has more views than all the stickies put together :!:

bmtv0957
x4

Post by bmtv0957 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 15:24

bmtv0957 wrote:K, got it to run and all, v nice, thanks, but the create ship thing doesn't work... no matter what class I choose I always get a Titan... :oops:
Anyone answer this? :( :(

trav
x2

Post by trav » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:57

bmtv0957 wrote:
bmtv0957 wrote:K, got it to run and all, v nice, thanks, but the create ship thing doesn't work... no matter what class I choose I always get a Titan... :oops:
Anyone answer this? :( :(
have you tried use the filters by using arrow then enter keys? I was able to create different kinds of ships without problem, what I did was in order;
select a sector
select a dock or spot
then press right arrow key to filter type, pick a type like M1, M2, etc then click enter
click right arrow key again, pick a race then click enter
then click left arrow key twice to select a specific ship, pick whatever then click enter
then you will see select race, scroll down till you see your name, then click enter so that ship you create belongs to you
for input number, put 1 to whatever as how many ships I guess. I believe you can also pick any spot to create ships without requiring a docking stations.

RH
x3tc

Post by RH » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 08:18

Any way to add a "heal me" to this script? (yeah I'm one of the guys with the mission headache :)
going thru the sector choice and ship choice etc. takes too long.
Not to mention the fact that bringing up the command console isn't always possible right then..

Also...
I was wondering about the possibility of increasing ship power and shield bays?
Possible to add that to this script pack?
So that you can say increase the power capacity of a chosen ship, and it's shield bays?
I'm new to the script editor, so sorry if the solution is staring me in the face :P

I love this script though. Esp. when frustration sets in I love to reload the game, spawn a destroyer, and find myself a bunch of pirates and just RAM them to pieces :twisted:

bmtv0957
x4

Post by bmtv0957 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 16:45

Tried that.... but to no avail... I've just created YET ANOTHER TITAN... :cry:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”