[SCRIPT] Assassins Guild V1.60 : Update 07/08/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you rate this script

Excellant
65%
Good
24%
Ok
8%
Not so Good
1%
Terrable
1%

Total votes: 191

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 03:03

Do you think that removing the pilot will fix the problem?

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 18:24

I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 23. Aug 08, 13:47

Chieftonw wrote:Do you think that removing the pilot will fix the problem?
its unlikly to make a difference, the best fix for such a problem would be to make it compatable with the HCF and allow the mission to end when its captured.

the main problem here is that, the mission relies on signals, either killed or captured signals to know when to end the mission. And when capping in the HCF its unlikly such a signal will happen so the mission doesn't get told it needs to continue, and just evnetually times out.

there are 3 ways to fix this, none are really that suitable thou. The first is to create a watch a script that constantly checks the owner of the target ship and forces a competed mission if the owner is changed to the player. Abit messy, and lots of potentinal problems, but should work.

The 2nd would be check the owner in the timeout of the mission script itself and then complete the mission at the end. This would work the best, but it means the mision will only complete when the time runs out and not when the ship is captured

the 3rd would be to add something into the HCF scripts themselves to trigger it, but this would also be difficult to accomplish and would need XTM to make some changes.
THE BL1P wrote:I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..
this is almost definatly a signal problem, most likly you have some script or mod that is reassiging the killed signal to something else, so the mission complete script is never run. The most likly culprit would be LV's bounty boost script, which is not compatable with any other script that uses the killed signal, like the Assassins Guild

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 10:28

Cycrow wrote:
THE BL1P wrote:I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..
this is almost definatly a signal problem, most likly you have some script or mod that is reassiging the killed signal to something else, so the mission complete script is never run. The most likly culprit would be LV's bounty boost script, which is not compatable with any other script that uses the killed signal, like the Assassins Guild
Thank you very much for the fast reply and yes i am running the LV bounty boost script .
Ill stop that script to progress in yours :)

once agian thank you

Roderick Gibson
x3

Nothing Happening at the outpost

Post by Roderick Gibson » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 09:29

Hi

Have just installed this. I have ssen a few ships highlighted in yellow as assasin ships and have had a few BBS at stations inviting me to fly to an outpost (Dark Waters). So I did. i docked, nothing on the BBS, no messages at all, just blank, nothing in trade, jsut blank, some names in comms, bit each gives a blank response to a comm.

Am I doing it wrong?

Using

XTM 0.7.4

Other scipts

Bounty Hunters Guild
Bail Signal Extention
System Take over script
Advanced Jumpdive

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 17:09

have you joined the guild yet ?

if not, then you have to join before you get any messages.

the post to join is random so it wont always be available. So you will have to keep checking until you can join

Roderick Gibson
x3

Post by Roderick Gibson » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 09:33

Thanks

I was not offered any chance to join at that outpost. Docked several times, gave up.

Then later I found another one in another sector. This one had messages on the BBS, including "Join the Guild" So every thing now fine. I guess it was the great RNG not giving any BBS at the first one, I I had tried a few more times it may well have worked. No probs though, great script!!

gilboa
x4

Weird bug...

Post by gilboa » Tue, 14. Oct 08, 18:11

I just joined the assassin guild and took my first mission.
Found the target, started shooting the idiot bailed out and I got a mission failure message.

Did I do something wrong?

- Gilboa

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Weird bug...

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 14. Oct 08, 20:01

gilboa wrote:I just joined the assassin guild and took my first mission.
Found the target, started shooting the idiot bailed out and I got a mission failure message.

Did I do something wrong?

- Gilboa
an unfortuatlly bug i've been unable to fix, soemtimes it works, otherwise its doesn't.

if they bail out, you are suposed to kill the bailed astronaut. But sometimes it loses track and the mission fails.

only thing i can suggest is try it again

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Tue, 14. Oct 08, 21:50

OK. Thanks.
P.S. Kudos for the impressive array of scripts. (I use a number of them w/ XTM 0.7.3)

- Gilboa

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 14:55

This might be a really dumb question, but can this script have any impact on how many pirates are spawned in the universe at all? Any even remote possibility of that?

I am having a big pirate problem in my game, there are too many of them, and I try to find out what makes them spawn in such numbers....

leyo

Post by leyo » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 15:41

After having my first missions, i have to thank Mr Cycrow.
I'm frenchy so please excuse me for mistakes.

Just two little things i have a kind of regret : frequency and difficulty of the missions. So i allow myself to modify the script in order to find high level missions at every station i dock.

I don't need all my factories anymore thanks to the credits the missions give.
I have 1600 factorys to sell !

This script completely turns the face of the game. Thank you again, i think this is the best script/mod i play with Xtended.
*fervent défenseur du Down sacré*
*a défoncé les toilettes privées du forum français*
*Patient préféré des infirmières du Doc *
*Comité de lutte pour une meilleur fluidité du jeu*
PrizzZ wrote: il vaut mieux prévenir que taper ... enfin non, guérir

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 12:41

Stupid question of the day.
Does anyone know what is the minimum score required to jump from level 4 to level 5?
I'm at ~110,000 in both Assassins and Mercenaries guilds, but I seem to be forever stuck in level 4. (I assumed that 100,000 will be the threshold - guess I was wrong :()

- Gilboa

leyo

Post by leyo » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 11:15

Don't panick, it is 110 000. :wink:

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 12:03

So close, and yet, so far :)

Thanks.

rage909

Post by rage909 » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 23:53

Hi there,

Fairly new to the X3:R thing, but played X2 a while back and thought it'd be worth revisting :)

I'm running v2.5 + XTM 0.74 and a load of your scripts, but i'm having some trouble with this one... :(

Managed to join the guild once i found a post stating that the join message was random (kind looked like a bug to me, personally i'd make it permanent, but still... :) ), and took a lvl 1 mission to kill a TS.

Went off, found the TS, blew it up, and nothing... i've jumped around, run the SETA for a while, and nothing...

Not to be put off i went to grab another mission, fly off to a pirate sector, found the Toucan Hauler fine, but every time i blow it up (well literally just before) the game freezes and i have to kill it off in Task Manager... :cry:

I've removed the scripts written by LV (using the plugin manager), which doesn't seem a bad idea anyway as they seem to clash with several decent scripts written by other people... but i'm still getting the same problem every time.

Is there any help and advice anyone can give here at all?
This script sounds right up my street, so is a real shame i can't use it :(

leyo

Post by leyo » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 10:33

Any script which has effect on the "SIGNAL.KILLED"?

If you find the TS and destroy it but no message response, the problem could be there ... no return of the SIGNAL.KILLED.

If i remember well, some scripts of invasion or response fleet modify something about this.

Excuse for mistake i'm french.

Edit: if i remember well how the scripts are ... built( sorry i haven't another word)... when the target is destroyed, his followers get a new order : to kill you. :P . So if you check this, if the followers don't try to kill you, it means that they don't know the target is killed, and it means that the "SIGNAL.KILLED" doesn't work. i really suppose. If ever we could have Cycrow's opinion about this, it might be a great information, also for me cause i've modified the script and all his interest is now on the followers who have to kill me, they are at least 3 m1, 8 m6 and 20 M3, so if any script i could install in the future would make the "SIGNAL.KILLED" out of order, i'll really come back to my decision about this.

Recluso
x3

Cycrows guild scripts

Post by Recluso » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 03:01

ive got pretty much all the cycrow guild scripts on my x3 and their working great! but i was wondering how do i check my ranking for the guilds? ive been trying to find out how but had no luck, can any1 help me?

{Merged to one of the appropriate threads. jlehtone}

Snike7603

Post by Snike7603 » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 19:52

Try to check in your current ship commands -> special -> guild stats.

Arbenowskee

Post by Arbenowskee » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 00:10

does anyone know how much XP is needed for each level?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”