[script] Complex manager, add or remove products from intermediate products

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 20:16

sorry to warble on, but this doesnt work for me
unpacked correctly, and the add/remove product is listed in the command console for the station

when i use the remove product, i get to select the product , but nothing happens.

I will say, however, that i am using SaintAshleys XL stations script (which is needing repaired)

will this be the cause?

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 21:24

Hi fachtna, sorry for answering so late, but i've been away on a business trip.

You can only remove products which are also intermediate products. Due to limitations in the script engine it will show all of the resources, intermediate products and products in the selection dialog. So probably you selected a product which is not an intermediate product.
I included some safety checks to prevent this script from interfering with ingame mechanisms and adding/removing products from the factory which should not/should be there would be too dangerous in my opinion. But i recall that someone wrote a version without any safety checks which could be used if you want to get rid of a product...but i wouldn't recommend that.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 23:36

no worries.

i was just gonna use it to put the XL factory products right, but am gonna wait for SaintAshley to sort his script instead.

As an aside, i did notice that this conflicts with the god mode for stations 1.1 add-on

the "change product" and "enable god mode" on the stations command menu appear tp share the same slot.

I went for a fresh install, and when i installed the god mode, it removed the change product. Not a major issue, but i am an peaceful, orderly being. dont like conflict :)

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 07:34

Well, the god mode script is in the cheat script section, so conflicts may occur. The "normal" and the "cheat" scripts don't share the reservations for command slots. Let's hope that the complex manager will become unnessary with the next patch.

BOUNCINGNRG

Post by BOUNCINGNRG » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:37

When you state i need to extract the file in to the corosponding directory, is this i dir that has already been made by 'x3' (i.e. F:\program files\games\DeepSilver\X3 Reunion\scripts) or one i need to make myself?
" Why, you sick sick little moo cow"

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:48

depends on how you extract...if you extract with directory names then use the x3 directory itself, if you extract the files without directoy information use the existing scripts and t directory in the x3 directory.

JoDuck
x3tc

Sorted me out .... many thanks

Post by JoDuck » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 11:05

Hi Naffarin,

have a 1 MJ shield complex in AP, that produced too much Cahoona, and I had to sell it manually (also use your auto trader script). Now your ships sell Cahoona like hell. Very, very usefull!!! - both scripts :) :) :)

Thanks a lot
Jo

bladesofdeath
x3

Post by bladesofdeath » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 19:31

very useful

this should be signed

SCT
x3tc

Post by SCT » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 17:53

Hi Naffarin, warum gibts das nicht auch im deutschen Forum? Du bist doch aus D oder??
[ external image ]
Private Fotogallerie über mein Hobby: nur Fliegen ist schöner !!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 20:18

Does this script set a low limit on the items it sells? In other words, will it auromatically detect the ware level, and suspend selling? If not, you run the risk of selling out a resource/intermediate entirely.

A factory with out this script will do that too. If you set it to sell intermediates, and adjust the price, it'll clean out in no time, which then haults production.

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 21:46

Hi fud,

this script just adds/removes products you want your ships to sell from the intemediate products list, which you can with a normal sellware.

My understanding of it was to be used in conjunction with Naffarins station trader script which won't sell if there is less than 20% stock and that trader also won't sell the intermediate products by default. It needs this extra scipt to add the intermediate wares to his list.

Are you using the station trader script?

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=110417

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 22:01

Nope, just looking at it. I'll take a peek at that one as well. I've got 4 "super" comps (using ashely's, and my XXL fabs), needless to say, I've got a TON of cahoonas and argnu beef (nearly 700k cahoonas and a 1/4mil beef). There's a potential small fortune selling it all.

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Thu, 11. May 06, 15:06

Sorry to necro, but has anyone got a Cycrow-package version of this (or an alternative)?
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Thu, 11. May 06, 18:48

creidiki wrote:Sorry to necro, but has anyone got a Cycrow-package version of this (or an alternative)?
Yeah, first post in this thread.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Thu, 11. May 06, 19:06

Awesome thnks a lot :)
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Aradiel1
x3

Post by Aradiel1 » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 02:16

First of all;

Thank you for this script, it works perfect in combo with the station trader :)

I have one problem though:

I have a complex with a mine,teladianium foundry and a solar plant.

I have given the energy sells as a product and or added the intermediate products for sell.

If i tell a freighter to import goods with the station trader script he still buys energy cells ?

fusion23
x3

Post by fusion23 » Tue, 27. Jun 06, 21:14

is there an updated version to this script with cycrows script installer? I only have version 1.0 from the link above but now there is 1.3? Anyone or will there be a later version?
Your base are belong to me.

Intel i7 920 OC @ 3.2Ghz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
6GB DDR 3 Corsair XMS
Nvidia Geforce GTX 285

Seismic_Edge
x3

Post by Seismic_Edge » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 05:43

I have downloaded this file and positively installed the files correctly. I have done the Thereshallbewings thing. I have tried it remotely and while docked, yet I do not get any other commands in the command console than I was already getting.

1 None
2 Auto money transfer to player account
3 Station Manager: Automate

Is there a problem since the last update? Maybe a conflict with the bonus pack?

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 02:58

Naffarin wrote:No, these scripts auto install themselves as soon as a save game is loaded and the script editor active......
You should have put that in your install instructions.

Not all of us are as X3 gifted as you ;) :mrgreen:

Anyways, if you are still around, I just wanted to say thanks! It works great! :D

aktivalux
x3tc

Post by aktivalux » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 14:39

perfect! thank you ;-) Now i will rule the universe :lol:
***modified*** und stolz drauf!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”