[script] Complex manager, add or remove products from intermediate products

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tritous
x3tc

hmm

Post by Tritous » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 21:56

if it's a resource it will be bought, I think this script only deals with products. maybe it can be extended to add/remove items from the resource list too? not sure what would happen to products that are not a product or resource at all...it may not be possible

also, small note, your last update of your trader script seems to have a clash with this script, I'm getting readtexts lol
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:04

Setting the price to the minimum should cure this, also I read that it you target the individual stations of a complex and set them to "do not trade with AI" this will keep UTs from coming a-knocking.
I tried it, and it is possible to target them and set the switch, but have not played long enough to be sure that it worked.

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:31

Well, from what i read from the coming patch the script won't be necessary anyway with 1.3, so there is no need to do any updates.

@Tritous: That has to be another script, the trader and this one use entirely different ids.

Tritous
x3tc

strange

Post by Tritous » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:52

That's what I thought, but as soon as I added the update it started with the readtexts.

but knowing how my luck's been lately it's just as likely to be random bad luck
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 23:41

UTs ignore the 'allow other races' setting.

idimmu
x3

Post by idimmu » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 11:49

hmm, i cant seem to get this script working for the life of me.

it's been unpacked in to the correct place, and i've changed my name so I can access the script editor just fine. when i list the scripts in the script editor i can see the 3 plugin.complexManager scripts (add/remove/show)

but i cant find any of the new commands at any of my complexes.

do i need to activate or load the script using the script editor or something?

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 13:27

No, these scripts auto install themselves as soon as a save game is loaded and the script editor active.

Maybe you are just looking in the wrong place :)

Mark one of your stations in the property overview and choose command console or dock at a station and open the command console there.
Select any unused slot and press return
You should now see the possible commands on that station

redeye 
x3

Post by  redeye  » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 01:31

Excellent.

Was putting off playing X3 again due to having just added an SPP to a complex and no being able to sell excess energy cells (previous saves was ages before)

Just installed this and it has completely sorted me out - thanks!

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:31

The script seem to work without issues with 1.3 patch
Last edited by Lidza on Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:37

A better question might be: is this needed at all with 1.3?
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:44

klaatu wrote:A better question might be: is this needed at all with 1.3?
Yes is still needed ... 1.3 didn't solve the issue entirely

1.3 introduced a new option on complex page "Adjust Station Parameters". The option is called "Intermediate Produc Trading" and has options such "Buy", "Sell" and "Buy and Sell".

Now even if you select sell the intermediate products, they do not appear on the list of products on sale.

But allows Traders to sell them. This to me seem a BUG half fixed

For this reason I do prefer to keep the script running, because not only allows trading specific product (instead of all or nothing) and also shows the product in the sale list.

Skumleren
x3tc

Post by Skumleren » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 03:30

I love this script :D

I havent been able to find any particular problem with it yet.
Rest assured, you should get this tested and signed... It solves the problem with not being able to make factory complexes which sells energy. Beautiful. Pure and simple.
Only an idiot creates order, a genius controls chaos.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 16:34

Lidza wrote:
klaatu wrote:A better question might be: is this needed at all with 1.3?
Yes is still needed ... 1.3 didn't solve the issue entirely

1.3 introduced a new option on complex page "Adjust Station Parameters". The option is called "Intermediate Produc Trading" and has options such "Buy", "Sell" and "Buy and Sell".

Now even if you select sell the intermediate products, they do not appear on the list of products on sale.

But allows Traders to sell them. This to me seem a BUG half fixed

For this reason I do prefer to keep the script running, because not only allows trading specific product (instead of all or nothing) and also shows the product in the sale list.
Agreed - 1.3 shifted ecells from product to intermediate product :evil: I've worked hard to get thsi complex to sell ecells.

But now I will use your script, Naffarin, to get ecells back where they belong.

Merry Chrsitmas !

Cheers Euclid

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 22:46

Hey, you need to make this script able to make intermediate products RESOURCES as well as PRODUCTS, because the IMPORT command wont work unless the intermediate product is set to RESOURCE

Torias
x4

Post by Torias » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 08:14

So... forgive me, I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this one, what does it help with exactly, in practice? I haven't had the funds to build a complex yet :s

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 20:16

sorry to warble on, but this doesnt work for me
unpacked correctly, and the add/remove product is listed in the command console for the station

when i use the remove product, i get to select the product , but nothing happens.

I will say, however, that i am using SaintAshleys XL stations script (which is needing repaired)

will this be the cause?

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 21:24

Hi fachtna, sorry for answering so late, but i've been away on a business trip.

You can only remove products which are also intermediate products. Due to limitations in the script engine it will show all of the resources, intermediate products and products in the selection dialog. So probably you selected a product which is not an intermediate product.
I included some safety checks to prevent this script from interfering with ingame mechanisms and adding/removing products from the factory which should not/should be there would be too dangerous in my opinion. But i recall that someone wrote a version without any safety checks which could be used if you want to get rid of a product...but i wouldn't recommend that.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 23:36

no worries.

i was just gonna use it to put the XL factory products right, but am gonna wait for SaintAshley to sort his script instead.

As an aside, i did notice that this conflicts with the god mode for stations 1.1 add-on

the "change product" and "enable god mode" on the stations command menu appear tp share the same slot.

I went for a fresh install, and when i installed the god mode, it removed the change product. Not a major issue, but i am an peaceful, orderly being. dont like conflict :)

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 07:34

Well, the god mode script is in the cheat script section, so conflicts may occur. The "normal" and the "cheat" scripts don't share the reservations for command slots. Let's hope that the complex manager will become unnessary with the next patch.

BOUNCINGNRG

Post by BOUNCINGNRG » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:37

When you state i need to extract the file in to the corosponding directory, is this i dir that has already been made by 'x3' (i.e. F:\program files\games\DeepSilver\X3 Reunion\scripts) or one i need to make myself?
" Why, you sick sick little moo cow"

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”