[script] Complex manager, add or remove products from intermediate products

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Naffarin
x3

[script] Complex manager, add or remove products from intermediate products

Post by Naffarin » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 10:36

The script in the link installs two new commands into the station command console, that allow to add or remove intermediate products to the sellable product list.

Download: http://home.arcor.de/naffarin/complexmanager.zip
Mirror: http://www.player-vs-player.com/X3/Naff ... anager.zip, big thanks to ericbab

Installation: Unpack the zip file in your x3 installation directory or unpack the contents of the directories in the zip file into the corresponding directories in the x3 directory.

Uninstallation: remove all files in the zip file from your x3 installation

Usage: Enter station menu and open the command console of the station, two new commands "Add product" and "Remove product" will be available.
After selecting one of the two, a selection list containing ALL wares of the station will appear (sorry, didn't find a better solution, if anyone knows if there is a menu for VAR/Resource of SHIP/STation and VAR/Product of SHIP/STation, please let me know :) ), so you have to select one of the intermediate products on your own. The script should be tolerant enough to do nothing if a resource or product is chosen, so it shouldn't cause any trouble.

Although having tested the script, i don't know if there are any longterm effects, so be cautious when using it.

*Updated the script package to use station command numbers 1148 and 1149, no change in functionality, download only needed if using the remote property manager, changed download url because yahoo doesn't like me anymore :)*
Last edited by Naffarin on Mon, 12. Dec 05, 16:05, edited 2 times in total.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 11:57

:D Thanks. Thats exactly what I have been needing. Finally my power complexes can be useful. Thanks a lot. I'm sure this will help everybody

elzar760
x3

Post by elzar760 » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 18:25

Grovels

Tritous
x3tc

yey

Post by Tritous » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 08:31

Get this signed mate. It's beautifully simple, and works fantastically. True genius insight into the problem.
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 09:02

Thanks, that's good to hear that it works for someone else, too :)

I accidentally made a confilict with the command ids of the x3 remote property manager which needs to be fixed first, but that's no change in functionality.

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 09:17

What Tritouws said!
Always welcome! Cheap and filling!

Tritous
x3tc

lol

Post by Tritous » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 09:31

well fix it, get it signed, and lets see if we can get the complexes' complexity fixed for everyone :D

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 13:43

it doesn't work? i can't find the new options in command console

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 14:03

You need to use the station command console, maybe this is the problem.
Another possibility would be that you didn't install correctly, please look if you have the following files:

<x3 installation directory>\scripts\setup.plugin.complexManager.xml
<x3 installation directory>\scripts\plugin.complexManager.add.xml
<x3 installation directory>\scripts\plugin.complexManager.remove.xml
<x3 installation directory>\scripts\plugin.complexManager.show.xml

<x3 installation directory>\t\448103.xml
<x3 installation directory>\t\498103.xml

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 14:20

i got all those files but i can't find a option. This is my first script installed so don't i need to activate something or what?

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 14:29

Did you activate the script editor?

Change your name (rename) to Thereshallbewings (won't change your name permanently) then it should work for you.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 14:34

thnx,i am gonna try

Red Spot
x3

Re: [script] Complex manager, add or remove products from intermediate products

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 16:05

Naffarin wrote:(sorry, didn't find a better solution, if anyone knows if there is a menu for VAR/Resource of SHIP/STation and VAR/Product of SHIP/STation, please let me know :)
must first off al say .. havent really checked them out yet ..

but there are 3 usable arguments in a row there ..

1 for getting fab and ware
1 for fab and product
1 for fab and resource

G

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 16:09

Yes, i tried those, too, but then you have to select a station first before you can select a trade ware. My solution works only on the station there the command console is used but misses the selection for resource, product or all wares since i use Var/Ware of Ship (luckily this one works for stations, too)
I would need something like Var/Resource of Ship or something like Var/Resource of Station to make a fully satisfactory solution.

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 21:05

I think this question is related to this script:

I have a complex that contains a cahoona bakery and a cattle ranch -- the idea was buy e-cells, sell cahoonas.

But my UT's (and even NPC traders) are selling beef to the factory. Originally beef was listed as a resource, but I used this script to change that. Now in the station details menu, beef is listed as an intermediate product, but in the adjust station parameters window, beef is listed as a resource and i can set a buying price.

If i set the buying price very low, the UT's seem to stay away, so i guess that's a fix (i just hope they're not buying the beef when i'm not looking).

Is this an expected behavior? Can this be added to your script to stop it somehow? I kind of expected the beef to be completely internal and it wouldn't buy/sell with anyone.
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

Tritous
x3tc

hmm

Post by Tritous » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 21:56

if it's a resource it will be bought, I think this script only deals with products. maybe it can be extended to add/remove items from the resource list too? not sure what would happen to products that are not a product or resource at all...it may not be possible

also, small note, your last update of your trader script seems to have a clash with this script, I'm getting readtexts lol

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:04

Setting the price to the minimum should cure this, also I read that it you target the individual stations of a complex and set them to "do not trade with AI" this will keep UTs from coming a-knocking.
I tried it, and it is possible to target them and set the switch, but have not played long enough to be sure that it worked.

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:31

Well, from what i read from the coming patch the script won't be necessary anyway with 1.3, so there is no need to do any updates.

@Tritous: That has to be another script, the trader and this one use entirely different ids.

Tritous
x3tc

strange

Post by Tritous » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 22:52

That's what I thought, but as soon as I added the update it started with the readtexts.

but knowing how my luck's been lately it's just as likely to be random bad luck

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 23:41

UTs ignore the 'allow other races' setting.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”