back again, but can't play

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

X-fryer
x3tc

back again, but can't play

Post by X-fryer » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 04:05

hi,
it's been many years since i've visited the x universe, i haven't had a computer. i recently bought a little laptop (an 8th gen i5, without a significant graphics card) i would love to try and run either x2 or x3 on it, i highly doubt that it would handle x4. ive bought a few copies of x3 over the years and twice bought x2, (all the games leading up to those 2 brilliant games as well) my problem is that i cant get a steam account to work (It keeps insisting that i live 4000 miles from where i actually do live and their helpdesk just gives me a rather rude runaround) i do have a GOG Galaxy account which does work, but i cant find either of those games there. i would really love to see whether my little computer will run either of those 2 games. is there any other way that i can line my much richer developers pockets again :P
thank you in hope of a resolution

p.s. X-fryer is my third account with egosoft as i messed up on the previous 2 , my first account was equinox and second was equi2nox.
p.p.s. I wrote this note in another forum, before finnding this one, sorry about that

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: back again, but can't play

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 09:08

Both games are available on GOG
https://www.gog.com/en/game/x2_the_threat
https://www.gog.com/en/game/x3_reunion

The full list of Egosoft games on GOG can be found here: https://www.gog.com/partner/egosoft
X-fryer wrote:
Sat, 15. Jul 23, 04:05
p.p.s. I wrote this note in another forum, before finnding this one, sorry about that
For future reference: If no one has replied to your post / topic yet, you can delete it by using the 'X' button at the top right of the post window. Alternatively, you can ask a moderator via PM to move it where you want it instead. No need to do that now, as I've locked your other thread already.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

X-fryer
x3tc

Post by X-fryer » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 13:47

Danke, I will try that tonight as I have very little day time data, but lots of night time data. If I remember correctly both are rather large downloads. I just loved the old dolphin in x2 and missed it in x3.
It's strange that when I was looking on GOG galaxy itself last night it didn't appear

X-fryer
x3tc

Post by X-fryer » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 00:35

ok I did it. that's cost me the amount of money that i spend on food for 2 weeks. I had to save up to buy this, rather sad considering that I've had to buy the disk version twice before. i wish that i had a steam account that worked, unfortunately steam seems to think that I live 4000 miles from where I do so is useless to me. I only bought X3 as I can't yet afford to buy X2 for the third time. Now I must just |Hope that it does play on my little laptop. OH YAY!!! It plays brilliantly, better than on any computer I've had to date, even with settings set to max. It's far easier to play than I've ever experienced. This is going to be fun. Please excuse my bitching over the cost, it's worth having to buy it for the third time.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”