[Solved] Control settings for X3:R and X3:TC

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ItWasntMe
x3ap

[Solved] Control settings for X3:R and X3:TC

Post by ItWasntMe » Wed, 15. Feb 23, 22:48

Hello,

I wondered if anyone knows how the controller settings are stored for X3 Reunion and X3 Terran Conflict?

There two things that I'm trying to work out how to do:
The first is can I simply copy the settings from one X3:Reunion install to another X3:R install?
Can I copy the settings from a X3:Reunion install to a X3:Terran Conflict install?

I have things setup how I like it in X3:Reunion and I am hoping to set things up in other X3:R and X3:TC installs without doing everything manually. If I have to do things manually it's not the end of the world but I was hoping to save my self some effort. :-)

If anyone who knows the answer could get back to me I'd appreciate it. :-D

EDIT:
I figured it out. I found the profile files in the install directory for X3 reunion in a folder called profiles and the profiles for X3 Terran Conflict are in Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\profiles. I backed up the X3 Terran Conflict profiles and then loaded up X3 Reunion, saved an alternate profile and then looked in the install directory for X3 Reunion, went to the profiles directory and then copied profile0.xpf to Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\profiles. It seems to work just fine but not all controls work so it's not perfect but it works well enough.

It probably should be said that this probably isn't a good idea because I have no idea if the game was designed to allow X3 Reunion profiles to be copied to an X3 Terran Conflict game but it saved me doing things manually. :-)
Split say: ***Arrrg!!!***

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”