[X2] Crash on entering Brennans Triumph

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Raevyan
x4

[X2] Crash on entering Brennans Triumph

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 30. Dec 22, 16:32

Hi,

i finally started playing X2 and have an issue where the game keeps crashing on the mission where you have to fly to Brennans Triumph. Everytime i fly through the gate a cutscene starts and a few seconds later the game crashes. Verified steam game files but didn't help.Any ideas how to resolve?

I tried:
- various resolutions
- limiting fps to 60 and enabling vsync
- enabling alternative video playback
- entered the sector from different gates

DxDiag
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M25T2y ... share_link

chew-ie
x4

Re: [X2] Crash on entering Brennans Triumph

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 30. Dec 22, 16:42

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 30. Dec 22, 16:48

I've tried custom resolution, limit fps and vsync. It didnt work.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 30. Dec 22, 17:12

renaming the mov folder and creating a new empty one also didnt work (just renaming without creating empty one also didnt work)

Rich_Vandervecken

Post by Rich_Vandervecken » Wed, 10. Jan 24, 18:59

The root cause of this crash appears to be when you enter the system before Bret Sarra in his ship Saiien II does.

Before leaving the Goner Temple in Cloudbase, South West purchase 5 of the salvage insurance sold there. These allow you to save while in space. After you launch your ship automatically targets the Saiien II, open your command menu and select navigation, then select follow, then select the current system, then select the Saiien II.

Now contact Bret and select 1, it is the only option. After Bret responds your ship should follow the Saiien II all the way to Brennan’s Triumph. Upon entering the system the cut scene with a Teladi should run, I don’t think our responses matter much here, however I tell Bret to follow the Teladi.

At this point I usually save as the pirates send a Bayamon out to attack you. I travel toward the north gate until I just about reach it then head East until I am just past the destroyed gate while looking at the gate with the head turned to the right. Then I target the left nacelle being careful not to get closer than about 4km. When the pirate tries to pursue you just keep the wrecked jump gate between you and him and the mines will kill him. Now all you have to do is take out the remaining mines with your missiles from about 2.95km away. Always cycle through all of the mines and make certain none of them are closer than about 2.9km before you launch your missile at the one you targeted. After you eliminate all the mines then approach the nacelle get out of your ship and approach the nacelle. If a cut scene does not activate once you are within 50 meters then get back in your ship and go to the other nacelle and repeat.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 18:49

Please do not resurrect a 3 years old thread.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”