X3 Reunion Wireless Xbox Controller

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Elder James
x4

X3 Reunion Wireless Xbox Controller

Post by Elder James » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:07

Howdy all,

So in order to get ready for the upcoming Farnham's Legacy I wanted to play through the X3 games once again. Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude both have built in xbox controller compatibility, but X3 Reunion does not. Is there any simple up-to-date way to configure X3 Reunion to use an Xbox Controller?

Thanks in advance,

EJ
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." ~ Colonel Saul Tigh

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: X3 Reunion Wireless Xbox Controller

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:30

you wont be able to setup the same way as TC/AP, as it doesn't have the same compatibility.
X3: Reunion doesn't recognise multiple analogue sticks.

you could try using something like XPadder to map the controller better

Elder James
x4

Re: X3 Reunion Wireless Xbox Controller

Post by Elder James » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:03

I looked into XPadder, but this is incompatible with Windows 10 sadly and will not install. Thanks for the reply though :)

EDIT:

I think I've found a way using Steam's built in controller configuration options. Using the base profile for the controller acting as a mouse and keyboard then setting up a new template and configuring certain keys to work for the buttons and sticks etc.

Thanks again for taking the time to post. Will update on how successful (or not) Steams built in configs work.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." ~ Colonel Saul Tigh

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”