How to reset the view? - (Resolved, joystick issue in X3R)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

mooncaine

How to reset the view? - (Resolved, joystick issue in X3R)

Post by mooncaine » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 17:54

I played a few hours, but never rediscovered how to exit the external camera view and return to the initial view, the one that resets every time I emerge from a stargate.

So, I can get external views of all kinds, but can never get back to the view that *doesn't* show my spaceship. This means I can't line up a target or do any aiming.

I would call it a 'cockpit' view but there ain't no cockpit. Should I call it the 'pilot's view'? Anyway, I'm stuck in external camera view unless I go back through a stargate-thingy.

Can you help?

Running on Mac.

mooncaine

Re: How to reset the view?

Post by mooncaine » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 18:32

I think I found and solved the problem. I use a Saitek AV8R usb joystick.

It has a chicken-head knob with 3 detent (clicks), labeled as if they'll send separate commands: Off, A and B.

But they are all the same to X3 Reunion. I must leave it in the off position or find something else to assign to it.

When I turn that chickenhead knob to "Off", X3 behaves in the expected way (F1 does, indeed, reset the view to the, um, cockpit-like view.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How to reset the view?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 18:51

Glad you found a workaround but in this forum you need to say up front what X game you are playing.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mooncaine

Re: How to reset the view? - (Resolved, joystick issue in X3R)

Post by mooncaine » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 19:22

Thank you, both for letting me know my mistake and for editing the subject to make it useful to others in the future. I meant to say I am using X3 Reunion, but I'm so totally new to this game series that I was just thinking X3.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”