X3 Reunion - need help to configure joystick/throttle - Resolved by setting 'Use Throttle' to off.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

MasterofZero

X3 Reunion - need help to configure joystick/throttle - Resolved by setting 'Use Throttle' to off.

Post by MasterofZero » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 18:29

I've been configuring the Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas One for X3 Reunion, setting the Throttle control for ship speed etc.
But in the game, the Hotas One throttle control does nothing, no acceleration, no response at all.
I'm unable to control the ship speed thru the Hotas One.
The joystick itself seems to be working, as far as I can tell.

I don't understand what's going on. Why can't I get the throttle to control the ship speed?
What else do I need to do? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3 Reunion - need help to configure joystick/throttle

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 20:44

As an easy first step, try setting the in-game 'use throttle' setting to 'Off' (game initial small splash screen - 'Input Device' button). I know that is counter-intuitive but it works for some systems and sticks.

(If it is already Off then try with it On.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MasterofZero

Re: X3 Reunion - need help to configure joystick/throttle

Post by MasterofZero » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 20:27

That worked, thank you!

The in-game speed at start is already at 50km, so how I do I reset it, so that the throttle at zero matches the in-game speed at zero.
I guess I need a bindings tutorial to set the Hotas One ship controls, to replace the keyboard ship controls if you know of one. The manual is not really that helpful.
I'm thinking that maybe I could keep the keyboard controls for all other non-ship controls.

Apologies for so many questions, I have been warned that X3 Reunion is a steep learning curve.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3 Reunion - need help to configure joystick/throttle - Resolved by setting 'Use Throttle' to off.

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 16:07

I would guess that the default speed is a stick throttle calibration issue in the stick control application but I am not the one to ask as I don't use a stick. Sorry.

You might see some hints in other X game threads such as this one.

Try putting 'Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS' into the 'exact word or phrase' bit of this to see what others have experienced.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”