X3: Reunion - bugged mission - Resolved, wrong ship.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Elsa_Starsong
x4

X3: Reunion - bugged mission - Resolved, wrong ship.

Post by Elsa_Starsong » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 20:17

So, I'm currently replaying all the X entries and made it until one of the last missions of Reunion - the one where you follow your father to the nividium asteroid and switch into Saya's ship.
Now my problem is, that when the game tries to switch me into Saya's ship, I get a black screen with white illumination where my cursor is, I hear some sound effects (mostly kha'ak firing against my shields) and then I see a sequence of me flying chased by kha'ak with my pre-switch ship (a Centaur) through the asteroid and then exploding.
I've tried reloading and different graphics settings, fullscreen, window - I'm out of ideas. Someone maybe knows of this bug? It's really frustrating because all the juicy parts of the story are right behind this mission.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM
Steam Version with Bonus Package

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3: Reunion - bugged mission

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 20:56

Have you verified the Steam X3R gamefiles cache recently?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Elsa_Starsong
x4

Post by Elsa_Starsong » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 21:43

I just did so - all files were successfully verified and the mission still doesn't work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 22:10

Thanks. I played through that whole vanilla main plot with Win10 and an AMD card a year or so ago, and without any issues. I don't think the mission sequence itself is bugged.

Having said that, your description is a bit confusing to me. The plot mission where you use Saya's ship is in the 'Find the Girl' Pirate Pleasure Complex escape. However, the chase through the asteroid versus Kha'ak using your own ship is the 'AP Gunner Revisited' mission much later in the plot - for which a Centaur is definitely not really suitable compared to being in a small fast fighter (without using exploits).

I have to ask, is your X3R game modded or edited?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Elsa_Starsong
x4

Post by Elsa_Starsong » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 00:39

No, it's vanilla.
Maybe I misinterpreted the mission because Saya says "You're gonna need a fighter for this" when she jumps into the sector - many missions in Reunion involve being transported into other ships, which is why I thought she would give me hers.

Edit:
Nevermind, I solved it. Your hint that the ship was too big was right - apparently the ship got stuck while loading the environment and exploded. Did the mission with a Scorpion now and it went without a problem.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”