X2 - Mouse input lag

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

X2 - Mouse input lag

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 04:15

I think i brought this up before but cant remember.

Anyhow so ive wanted to play x2 for awhile now as i loved it back in the day and spend a year full on playing it non stop basically.

But now with modern pc and windows 10 etc i just cant play it due to severe mouse input lag.

Test case would be, launch it, use arrow keys to move the ship around, then do the same with a usb mouse which mine is a logitech g400s.

My mouse if moved slow for precision can make the game not even move the ship in space and so u gotta move it quicker for it to pickup ingame, diagonal movement is really bad at slow moving the mouse, sometimes if i move it left i need to really move it left for the game to pick it up and its not smooth or accurate at all.

I have tested various dpi settings, different poll settings with the logitech software. My usual is 1700dpi (as just upgraded monitor but as i said dpi doesnt really do much tho higher seems better ingame but its crap for accuracy but does move it a bit quicker. I use 1000 poll rate.

I can probably stream it on twitch if needed to show the problem one day if a dev wants to watch it tho he cant see my hand/mouse but better than nothing i guess. Is there anyway to fix this. If you dont have this issue i wonder if u can get the same mouse as me and try x2 urself on win 10.

Other games work fine in my collection of steam games ive never had this kinda input lag being this serious before.

My fps is really high with a 780ti so incase cbj says its linked to my fps as i read in a diff topic not sure if it was for x2 i think it was tho. I tried forcing vsync on incase it didnt like 200+ fps but it didnt work in nvidia panel. Id like to play smooth movement like with arrow keys but with mouse but obviously theres some issue with input lag with my mouse and the game weather thats a win 10 issue, my mouse issue or game issue or other. As really the diff between keyboard aim of the ship and the mouse is night and day. Wasnt like this back when the game came out thats for sure.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X2 - Mouse input lag

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 12:29

Perhaps try updating/changing mouse driver as a trial - maybe even using an MS default driver for a while. You could even try a different mouse completely as an elimination test.

The other thing is perhaps using a PCIe-USB (or vice versa) converter for your mouse and see if that change in socket helps. Maybe try using a higher or lower spec USB input on your PC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 12:47

Thanks for the reply but its the latest driver, i dont want to mess it with a microsoft driver and im not going to get a adaptor for it (PCIe is for graphics cards not mice btw tho i know u meant ps2 to usb ones).

So ill just be patient and see if cbj pops by or another dev that might know if its a game issue with either my particular mouse or something.

Cheers tho. ;)

Worried the game just might be too old these days cos of modern hardware and drivers and whatnot. I tried to even play x tension to see if another older x title had the issue but it wouldnt even get past the splash screen it just keeps crashing to desktop. :/ Even trying compatability settings and other bits and bobs but anyhow thats for another topic for xtension.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 12:51

Yeah, ps2 - The joys of getting old! :D

I'm going more by the fact that there are still lots of X2 players on Win10 with decent rigs. Even the old mouse lag issues were pretty much restricted to just a few systems and so there is likely to be a specific system trigger for this issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 28. Aug 22, 16:14

For me solution is running game on intel hd graphics instead of nvidia gtx.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”