[X2] Steam / resetting grahics settings

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Sorkvild
x3tc

[X2] Steam / resetting grahics settings

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:23

With every start of the game on Steam graphics settings in the launcher menu are reset to lowest possible. With each game launch I have to set the resolution fo full hd, turn on (shadows, bump maps, antialliasing) and invert steering. Why is that? Any way to fix it permanently. Windows 10, Steam, X2 1.5
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [X2] Steam / resetting grahics settings

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 18:14

At I guess, you installed X2 into a protected directory like C:\Program Files, which programs cannot easily write to anymore. For newer X-games (X3R onwards) this is not a problem. X2, however, still writes profile data and savegames to the installation directory, and not to the documents folder. You could try installing X2 to a different directory. Alternatively running X2 with administrator rights may already work.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 20:12

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 18:14
At I guess, you installed X2 into a protected directory like C:\Program Files, which programs cannot easily write to anymore. For newer X-games (X3R onwards) this is not a problem. X2, however, still writes profile data and savegames to the installation directory, and not to the documents folder. You could try installing X2 to a different directory. Alternatively running X2 with administrator rights may already work.
I have system on ssd C:\ and Steam directory is on hdd D:\ and this isn't write protected disc
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 14:08

X2 stores settings in the Windows registry, only the saves go into the game's directory, so that shouldn't be an issue. Barring some other software (antivirus?) interfering with your registry, I would only hazard a guess that W10 somehow confuses the launcher.

perceval
x3

Post by perceval » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 16:01

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I have the exact same issue. The game runs flawlessly for me, under Windows 10, aside from this annoying issue. I have the game installed under "C:\GAMES\steamapps\common\X2 - The Threat" and no antivirus interfering. Anyone has this issue, or has found a solution? Thanks.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”