[X2] Joystick Configuration problems

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Aloneknight88

[X2] Joystick Configuration problems

Post by Aloneknight88 » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 00:22

I just got a ReDragon G807 joystick, it seems that the right stick has no purpose. I know that before you start the game you will find the command options, but it does not seem to work any change that I make.. Help?

I am sorry for my bad english. It is not my native language

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 01:36

Most games using joysticks make alot of assumptions about what your joystick can do, especially if they're old games. This is bad news for controllers. Since this looks like a PS3 controller, try the analog bumpers.

I don't know of anything within X that'll fix this, but I do know of a 3rd party solution, which will also help with other older games if that's right. It's called "vJoy."

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 10:34

**Moving to Tech Support forum from S&M**

At the top of this forum you find some tutorials about using external software such as the mentioned vjoy to make use of multiple game controllers in X3: Tutorial: Combining several Game Controllers. (Please see also the last post in that thread.) Maybe you can get the gist of it, and apply it to X2, as well.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 06:53

In case anyone is still monitoring this thread and can help:
Seems Logitech was still making my favored joystick from my old X3 days; The Xtreme (apropos name eh) 3D pro. So I long ago had some scripts bound to some of the buttons. Back in 200X it took me a while to figure out how and I'd like to get back to having that ability now. I do remember it was through the bindings under my profile, but when I tried it now, nogo. Any help out there?

(Makes me wish I had those old save game files!)
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”