X2:TT (1.5 steam version issue)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Battlemeister
xr

X2:TT (1.5 steam version issue)

Post by Battlemeister » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 03:39

erm.. again, not too hopeful about anyone being able to help, but im unable to activate the script editor in the steam version >.< the game instantly hangs for around 6 seconds, then CTD's. no mods installed other then possibally the bonus pack scripts ( i think steam automatically downloads them? if it doesnt then its a completely clean install X_X)
Suddenly,in a quirk of fate,the jumpgate malfunctioned and louped in on itself:Entering gate.....Entering sector:Dannas chance''huh?''...Entering gate..."WTH?Entering sector:Dannas chance"HELP!!!"

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 21:21

So you don't have the Top Gun or Advanced Hyperdrive mods anymore in your installation or saves? Did you do a 'clean' reinstall to get rid of them? (See end of this post for detailed procedure.) If you reinstalled but not cleanly, then I suggest that you reinstall once more but this time cleanly.

If you are now supposedly clean vanilla then have you recently verified the Steam gamefiles cache for X2?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Battlemeister
xr

Post by Battlemeister » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 01:21

i'll give it a try, but it was happening before i installed tgm >.<
Suddenly,in a quirk of fate,the jumpgate malfunctioned and louped in on itself:Entering gate.....Entering sector:Dannas chance''huh?''...Entering gate..."WTH?Entering sector:Dannas chance"HELP!!!"

Battlemeister
xr

Post by Battlemeister » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 04:33

late response, but it did work after doing a clean install >.< it let me activate the script editor, but apparently trying to install scripts via the X plugin manager causes savegames after enabling the script editor to instantly crash >.<
is there a workaround, or am i hosed in general? :(

edit

do you know where i could redownload the X2 version of millinghordeman's advanced hyperdrive? there might be something broken with the copy i have ( its very old and ive had file corruption issues with the HDD i had it on), but i cant find any valid download links >.<
then again, afaik there was nothing wrong with the version of TGM i tried to install, so..

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 12:48

If you try to load a savegame that was created while a particular mod was installed, but that mod is no longer installed or is the wrong version, then crashes are quite possible and there's not much we can do to help.

As for where to get files for a mod, you'd need to look and/or ask in the Scripts and Modding forum.

Battlemeister
xr

Post by Battlemeister » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 13:57

roger, been talking with AdmiralTigerClaw

Battlemeister
xr

Post by Battlemeister » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 15:02

oh! nono, i mean basically the script editor CTD's the game atm if any of my remaining scripts/mods form back in 07 are installed >.<
either when i enter the code, or try to load a savegame where the editor is active

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 16:41

You need to find out exactly what is crashing. The relevant CTD error messages in Event Viewer can help you there. If it is the game with a good vanilla install then we can probably carry on here. If it is Plugin Manager then you need to take that up in its S&M thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”