X³: Reunion - Mac support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Crip67
x4

Post by Crip67 » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 12:13

found it..thank you very much :D

Crip67
x4

Post by Crip67 » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 13:34

i found the .config.yaml under data/datachanges. and it seams that everytime i edit and start game it reverts back. i have made sure i saved and closed it . then i open it again and still has changes i made. but after i start the game it changes back to default. am i doing something wrong? thx

Big Bad Orca
x4

Re: X³: Reunion - Mac support thread

Post by Big Bad Orca » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:36

I'm having issues completing the early plot mission on my macbook involving the spacesuit - where you have to get to the ship before your suit fails. I get the cutscene right before and then I get Julian talking, but the screen is black and nothing happens. Pressing escape brings up the menu, but it just stays on the screen and moving the mouse leaves a trail of arrows. Eventually the end message comes up and it quits to the main menu. I've tried running in full screen as well as windowed and tried different graphics settings and resolutions... any ideas?
My favourite memory of the X series was babysitting that TL across half the universe in XTension and finally arriving in Getsu Fune to be gifted the TL! I called her Big Bad Orca...

Yartsevde

Post by Yartsevde » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 15:38

Hi. Purchased the game on the Apple Store. After the introductory video, select the game mode and start it takes 2-3 minutes and the game crashes. No message is issued.
Mac Book Air 11" 2013 Core i5 1,3 Ghz 4 Gb

Micky793
x3tc

Post by Micky793 » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 11:39

Hi, Try to avoid posting as i'm sure this has been asked before but is there anywhere I can get updated 64 bit files to replace the old 32 files as X3R crashes immediately on startup. The software was bought from VP Ltd therefore they no longer seem to exist but I really want to get it working again but don't want to be forced to shell out a 3rd time for the same game! (and X3R is IMO still the best version I have played Home of light and onwards where just a bit to overbearing)

Regards.

Mac Pro, 3.5 GHz 6 Core, 32Gb, 2 x Firepro D700, OSX 10.14.6

Micky793
x3tc

Post by Micky793 » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 23:53

So never got a reply on the other thread so spaced another few quid up the wall and bought the app store version as it said it is totally re-written by yours truly......

Guess what, this doesn't work either as it is also 32 bit!

ARRGH!!! This is frustrating! Time to demand my money back as the game is less useful than a chocolate tea spoon.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”