X³: Reunion - Linux support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

J_Darnley

Re: X³: Reunion - Linux support thread

Post by J_Darnley » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 10:56

I too was experiencing a repeatable crash in X3 Reunion during the first mission on Linux (mostly up-to-date Arch). I have the version from GOG. On a whim I decided to try replacing the bundled libraries in the lib/ and game/lib/ directories with packaged ones. Surprisingly that fixed the crash and I was able to finish that and eventually dock at a station so I could save after the mission.

I had to build ffmpeg 0.9.4 and GLEW 1.9.0 but all the rest are packaged. Fortunately I know ffmpeg and think it is easy and GLEW just needed a minor change to the lib32-glew PKGBUILD to build the old version. I renamed the two existing directories to lib.old and copied my newly built libavcodec.so.53 libavformat.so.53 libavutil.so.51 libGLEW.so.1.9 libswscale.so.2 into a new game/lib directory.

Now I can fly in space.

[EDIT] I spoke too soon. I now get a crash when loading that game.

organism

Re: X³: Reunion - Linux support thread

Post by organism » Fri, 5. Feb 21, 17:15

J_Darnley wrote:
Fri, 25. Sep 20, 10:56
I too was experiencing a repeatable crash in X3 Reunion during the first mission on Linux (mostly up-to-date Arch). I have the version from GOG.
...and everyone, who crashes during first mission!

rename or delete:

X3 Reunion/lib/
libstdc++.so.6.0.19
libstdc++.so.6
libxcb.so.1.1.0
libxcb.so.1
libXrandr.so.2.2.0
libXrandr.so.2

X3 Reunion/game/lib/
libopenal.so.1
libz.so.1

system libs wll be used, crashes will disappear