[X2] How To Run X2 On Vista (or Windows 7/8)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 18:08

Thedestroyer wrote:The copy protection patch refused to install and patch 1.5 started questioning me as to where to put it.
Could you elaborate this? Was there an error message or what happened? With regard to saying the patch installer where the game files are, you normally can browse for the right directory.
Thedestroyer wrote:Ive located the C:/program files on my computer and tried to paste the egosoft folder, only for my pc to refuse me permission to do so, I thing im gonna just give up.
You don't have to install the game into "program files". That's just the standard location. If the PC refuses to put the files there - a possible cause are missing administrator rights - just choose a different directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Thedestroyer
x2

Post by Thedestroyer » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 20:00

Beforem I persevere with this, will a downloaded version from steam be a viable alternative? Its only £5 and It will save me pulling whats left of my hair out if it does.

Also if it does work would I still need the patches?

Please bear with me, its been ages since ive seriously gamed on a pc, probably about 6 years. So im very very rusty and used to pressing start and letting my 360 do the rest.

Thedestroyer
x2

Post by Thedestroyer » Fri, 10. Jun 11, 14:56

Ive finally managed to get it working, thanks to the help of my wife! It runs pretty nice too.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 20. Aug 11, 23:46

I'm subjecting myself to this torture now.

Why is my CD taking 15 minutes to copy the contents of a single CD??

:evil:

Lol took 10 minutes to copy 79k then crashed.

Tried again. Transfer rate 800k/s but over 20 minutes and transferred about 100k. Then crashed.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sun, 21. Aug 11, 00:01

Gave up and bought steam version lol...

XIZOR
x3tc

X2 threat on windows 7 64bit

Post by XIZOR » Wed, 31. Aug 11, 19:52

This works like a dream thanx i can play one of my fav X games now

lol

Devilybot

Post by Devilybot » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 11:52

Alright Here Is My Problem It Just Keeps Saying X2 Confirmation App
Installed Successfuly Please reboot to Finish Installation And I've Done it Already!!! Please Help :(
Well I Ain't Got Nothing So Go Somewhere else

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 18:45

Alright Here Is My Problem It Just Keeps Saying X2 Confirmation App
What is "It" and where does it say that?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zaswed
x2

Post by Zaswed » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 23:21

X2 player from long ago reporting in, aching to play the game again. This guide works perfectly. No problems at all. Just remember that the European version is already at 1.2 so don't try to upgrade to that. That should really be added into the starting post too... Follow the instructions closely and you can't fail this. Thanks, now I can play my dear x2 again!

slicendice
x2

Post by slicendice » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 21:09

I finally have a laptop able to run X3 (windows 7) & I STILL can't it or X2 to load. This is truly piss-poor programming. The damn patches don't work either.

Who ever is in charge should be ashamed.

What is a zlib1.dll anyway?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 00:29

With all due respect, there are many, many other people playing both games under Windows 7 without any problems, and that despite the fact that that OS came out several years after the games were released, so it is pretty unlikely to be just a case of "poor programming".

Perhaps if you were to provide us with some information to work with - your [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report, game versions and so on, as requested in the very first thread in this forum - in a new thread of your own, we could help you to solve whatever problems it is that you are having.

slicendice
x2

Post by slicendice » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 02:14

Fair enough, I apologise. After nearly 2 hours of trying I was REALLY annoyed.

However I managed to get X3 working after I read through a few other posts.

Still can't get X2 to work, but never mind. The X3 game seems really good!! :D

filippe999
x3ap

Post by filippe999 » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 16:44

I could install X2 normally but when i try to run i get black textures everywhere even in the intro scene

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 17:28

Then your problem has nothing to do with this thread. Make a new one, providing the information requested in the very first thread in this forum, and we will do our best to help.

XIZOR
x3tc

it wrks, do i need patch 1.5

Post by XIZOR » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 19:55

It WRKS thanx guys, one question do i need to install patch 1.5 too or not ?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 20:13

It's a good idea to update your game to the latest version. Use this FAQ entry to work out which patch(es) to install.

Ruffus

Post by Ruffus » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 14:37

sorry to say this didn't work at all lol

followed it to the letter but nothing

so have someone got the link to the steam game please lol

raggidman
x2

Post by raggidman » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 15:40

:D thanks - it worked! first time 8)

was driving me mad

feel the graphics are better with the original version - at some point they were upgraded a touch too far - but at least I am back in the X-Universe
omlette is a baad word - to Teladi

the last post: http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45737

gimlette

solitaire70
x4

Post by solitaire70 » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 23:54

Thank you, you are awesome, worked straight off the bat.
You Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman! Or Gentlewoman :)

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”