X3 Dual Core Affinity = BETTER PERFORMANCE

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 1. Nov 06, 16:55

That's a very good question. The site certainly is confusing, and it makes no sense to bundle the dual core FX processors with the single core 64 ones rather than the dual core X2 ones. If you are feeling brave, I'd suggest trying the X2 ones as they are the ones that solve the dual core timing issues. If not (and I wouldn't blame you) then I'd suggest you contact AMD support and ask them first.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 1. Nov 06, 17:03

CBJ wrote:That's a very good question. The site certainly is confusing, and it makes no sense to bundle the dual core FX processors with the single core 64 ones rather than the dual core X2 ones. If you are feeling brave, I'd suggest trying the X2 ones as they are the ones that solve the dual core timing issues. If not (and I wouldn't blame you) then I'd suggest you contact AMD support and ask them first.
I don't feel sooo brave, the machine cost me a lot of money (lol) sorry (lol). I will contact the AMD support and let you know any answer. Thanks again.

WindWarrior
x3tc

Post by WindWarrior » Wed, 1. Nov 06, 22:51

Myself, I have a X2, dual core Athlon 64, +4200, and have been playing for a few months now and have had know problems, with lag , etc. , but I will check in to the drivers, thanks for the infor.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 13:54

"Too many users are having pbs with the latest driver.So to avoid any unuseful inconvenience,it has to be repeated that the latest driver ONLY adds support to the AM2 cpu generation (Hardware detection).There are NO performance improvements over the previous ones.This was made very specific by AMD a few months ago.If you do NOT have an AM2 cpu,stick to the 1.2.2.2 that work just fine."

This is from AMD forums related to the last drivers. Yesterday night I install the latest (1.3.2) and start to have ctd's that didn' have before and with other games.

CBJ: In acordance with AMD forum the drivers from FX and dual core are the same, even that fx are 1.3.2 and dual core are 1.3.2.16. So their is no difference. Also I try both and the machine function ok, less ctd,s.

I make the affinity througt the task manager but their are programs that does not let me make affinity. Is that normal?

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sat, 4. Nov 06, 12:59

Puruco wrote: I make the affinity througt the task manager but their are programs that does not let me make affinity. Is that normal?
It can happen, any specifics as to what processes these are?

kalysto1979

Re: X3 Dual Core Affinity = BETTER PERFORMANCE

Post by kalysto1979 » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 05:44

i read the post and test good fps and discover how set the language in the bat and how not get the "x-config" missing error seting the path after the comand
set X3AP_PATH=C:\games\X3-ap
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /High /Affinity 1 "C:\games\x3-AP\X3AP.exe" -language 34

i post becose i speak and play the spanish version and if dont run the last parameter the game run on english givin readtext error for me greetings and thank for the help !!!
FRAPS are mark 43 fps now after 20 lol!!! :D intel hd 4000 series..

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3 Dual Core Affinity = BETTER PERFORMANCE

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 11:57

Thanks, but I think this 14 year old thread can die once again. Language setting is not really even on-topic for the thread and this is not even the correct game forum for discussing X3AP.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”