[X3] Problems installing the US version? READ THIS!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

huntertp
x3

Post by huntertp » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 22:00

actually which number of patch u mean

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 22:17

huntertp wrote:actually which number of patch u mean
any of the last ones
2.x
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

huntertp
x3

Post by huntertp » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 22:31

but in description it doesn't says that it let go w/o cd

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 00:51

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The 2.x patches remove the need to have the CD in the drive when you start the game.

huntertp
x3

Post by huntertp » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 06:35

yes, exactly, that i thinking, but what i mean, i download it from filefront.com, so there is description for patch, and there no word about it

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 07:22

CBJ works for Egosoft...I think he might have a better idea what's contained in a game patch written by them than Filefront does, don't you?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 07:36

huntertp wrote:yes, exactly, that i thinking, but what i mean, i download it from filefront.com, so there is description for patch, and there no word about it
the description about the patch can be found in the readme file,
or on this forum, following link from the Downloads page
Readme file wrote: X³: Reunion 2.0.01 Readme updates
- You no longer need to have your CD/DVD in the drive to play X³: Reunion
following a link from
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/patches_en.php
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=158901 wrote: Finally, this update includes the NoCD/NoDVD patch, so you can put your disk back in its box.

huntertp
x3

Post by huntertp » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 20:38

well, what i can say, i got that 1.4-2.5 patch, after i used it, tryed start game it works!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: , but i just open first menu and didn't open the game, so let me try ti, if i find some issues i let you know. thanks for help everebody, i glad to see that after half an year you still in and help people, that was helpful info, thanks and happy new year!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 23:17

huntertp wrote:well, what i can say, i got that 1.4-2.5 patch, after i used it, tryed start game it works!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: , but i just open first menu and didn't open the game, so let me try ti, if i find some issues i let you know. thanks for help everebody, i glad to see that after half an year you still in and help people, that was helpful info, thanks and happy new year!
yep, good luck

huntertp
x3

Post by huntertp » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 17:12

thanks

pixel4e

Post by pixel4e » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 19:23

I'm trying to contact Enlight at 410 661 3301 but it says that the number is disconnected. Can anyone provide a working number please and thank you.

Qikdraw

Post by Qikdraw » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 21:24

Here is my problem:

I have the 6 CD US set (5 install + game CD) and AFTER install I added the 1.0-2.5 patch, without starting the game. When I go to start the game it comes up with a 'configuring' window, that does not complete. Then comes a window with this message:

'The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the X3: Reunion disk and click ok.'

Clicking ok I can't find what it is supposed to be looking for. Clicking cancel I get this message:

'Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product X3: Reunion. The windows installer cannot continue.'

I'm not trying to install, as the game is already installed and patched. I'm just trying to play. I never had the problems before, and while my system has changed, it has only changed for the better. More ram, better video card, everything else is the same.

I tried reinstalling with the 2.02 patch instead and the same thing happens.

Any advice?

Qikdraw
Don't blame the QA tester

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 21:43

Start again. Reinstall from scratch and re-apply the 1.0->2.5 patch, taking care to make sure you install it to the correct folder.

Qikdraw

Post by Qikdraw » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 00:05

CBJ wrote:Start again. Reinstall from scratch and re-apply the 1.0->2.5 patch, taking care to make sure you install it to the correct folder.
Well the same thing happened. It seems that launching X3 from the start menu brings this up. Very quickly a window pops up about it 'installing, which then goes to the configure window. So I'm guessing somehow that Start Menu luanch is confused somehow.

However I fixed it. I went direct to the directory it was installed to and launched the X3 exe from there. It works doing that.

Donno why its doing that though.

Qikdraw

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 01:15

At a guess the Start menu icon isn't actually pointing to the correct folder.

Qikdraw

Post by Qikdraw » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 01:23

CBJ wrote:At a guess the Start menu icon isn't actually pointing to the correct folder.
"C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 REUNION"

Thats where it points to, which is where it is installed. What I don't see is it points to a folder, not to a file.

Qikdraw

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 02:29

Have you tried correcting it?

Qikdraw

Post by Qikdraw » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 03:36

CBJ wrote:Have you tried correcting it?
Newp. I just created a shortcut to the exe file on my desktop and left it at that. :D

I'm still a little frustrated with it, I haven't even started playing yet. Plus I've have my mother in law bitching at me today. heh

I'll prolly look at it tomorrow or the next day.

Qikdraw

Brain_Petoria
x3

Post by Brain_Petoria » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 07:31

Hi to all of you !

I have the intention to buy this game from internet (a new box, not a open box, a new and never used game) and because of the "age" of the game, not from a big store, i don't find any big store with this game... (and i really try !)

Do you have suggestion to try to don't have a bad CD box or do you think that will be more difficult for me to have some support because calling in US is impossible for me because of the cost of that call ?

I want this game and legally (it's very easy to dwl this game but i want to have a legal copy whitout CD problem).

Do you have suggestion about how to avoid bad CD box (i think impossible but i don't know) or how to have a fast new CD to be able to play.

Because i buy from internet and not from a big store, replacement or payback is impossible or very very difficult. So if i buy the game, i have to be sure to have some support to be able to play.

Can you help me about that ?

Thanks
Last edited by Brain_Petoria on Tue, 11. Aug 09, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 08:03

You could install it from Steam--that doesn't require a CD at all. Alternatively, get hold of the DVD version, which also doesn't suffer any issues.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”