[X3] Problems installing the US version? READ THIS!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Brain_Petoria
x3

Post by Brain_Petoria » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 08:55

No problem with the DVD version ?

Where i can find that game version ? I only found on the web the CD version or some downloadable versions ^^"

(on the official web site, only the german version in DVD)

EDIT:

This version is clean ? (if i buy this game, i'm sure to don't have any problems ? )

http://www.amazon.com/X3-Reunion-2-0-Pc ... 550&sr=8-1

(but i don't know if i can buy this game because i'm on the american amazon and i'm canadian)

EDIT #2 :

I can't buy from the american amazon the video game X3.. Freelancer yes, but not X3... And in the canadian Amazon, i just have X3 for particular and only one choice for X3 on PC.. And it's the CD version by enlight..

I go to the Deep Silver website (i'ts like enlight but whitout crash and problems) and the website they refeer me to (play.com) don't deliver in america..

It complicated to buy this game x_x

Brain_Petoria
x3

Post by Brain_Petoria » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 09:55

Sorry for the double post but if you can confirm to me the DVD version don't have any problem (like the CD versions), i have found a lot of DVD version of this game on Ebay !!

So if you can confirm to me that, i will buy this game on Ebay in DVD to be sure !

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 12:54

You can use the edit button to add to your previous post, rather than double posting - it's what it's there for. :wink:

I haven't heard of serious issues with any of the DVD versions. If you get version 2.0 on DVD though, you will want to patch to the latest version using 1.0->2.5, as there are a couple of problems which require the full patch to fix.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 15:56

None of those problems relate to installing the game in the first place, though, which I believe is your main worry, Brain_Petoria.

Brain_Petoria
x3

Post by Brain_Petoria » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 23:07

Thanks to you :D

Good to know for the Patch thanks ;)

I'm maybe like a parano guy (sorry if it's the case :P) but i just want to play the game after purchase ^^. And on ebay it's more complicated to have a refund then in a big store ^^".

So if you say to me the DVD version don't have the problems the CD version have, i'm going to buy this version today ^^.

Thanks a lot ! :D

ticktock
x3

Post by ticktock » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 02:04

it seem from what i have been reading is that all of you have bought the game recently when you started to have problems ,in my case i had the game well over a year and it installed well and played well and only now am i having problems the first time i was told a file was missing when i put the first disc in and started to install, then a few days later when i tried again i get this message right away ( configuration data for this product is corrupt contact support personnel ) which i have done and they have showed a lot of patience with this issue and me,all i can say is that it is a 6 dics set bought in the usa i know longer have the box and reciept nor is there any info on the disc as to what version i have i have tried many ways to install this game nothing works , so it looks like i am out of a few dollars :oops:

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 16:40

ticktock wrote:it seem from what i have been reading is that all of you have bought the game recently when you started to have problems ,in my case i had the game well over a year and it installed well and played well and only now am i having problems
weird indeed.

so does the game install now or not?

something must have changed on your computer then - new software / hardware?
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

theluckyone17
x4

Post by theluckyone17 » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 05:10

HA! :) I think I found an "alternative" solution to the corrupted sectors on disk 2.

The original solution didn't work for me... for whatever reason, Vista refuses to throw that error, reliably. I've wiped Vista at least twice, and reinstalled thereafter. I do remember beating my head against the wall, trying to get the Abort, Retry, Ignore error so I can bypass it.:evil:

Well, I wiped & reinstalled Vista again. The X3R bug came back, and I wanted to reinstall. Spent a couple hours trying to install X3R, then gave up, and simply ran it overnight. That didn't work... my system was powered off when I got up (I still don't know why... it sure isn't configured to power itself off). Maybe the optical drive gave issue when the system tried to go into standby.:roll:

Long story short, I resolved it... by simply copying the files from disk 2 to a temporary directory. The last two files to be copied were the mp3 files. Of course, the copy operation failed, due to the corrupt sectors on the disk. I just ignored 'em. I had previously downloaded and burned the uncorrupted mp3 files to a CD-R... so I copied them back into the soundtrack directory, with the rest of the mp3s. Then I just burned the files back onto a CD-R, titling the disk "DISK2".

Then I install X3R, without issue, using the new disk 2.:cool:

Caveat: I burned the CD using K3B, within my Gentoo Linux boot. I never got around to fighting Nero 7, getting it to install on Vista, when K3B is so accessible. But the copying and burning process should not differ between Linux and Windows...

The best part? No copyright protection was bypassed, so the DMCA doesn't apply in this case. Furthermore, the repair doesn't require redistribution of game resources (executable or data), any more than that provided by Egosoft & Enlight themselves (the uncorrupted mp3 files). Seein' as fair use includes the right to make a backup copy of the installation media, I'd be willing to claim that altering said backup copy to include proper & uncorrupted files would fall under fair use, too.

Admiral Craigie
xr

Post by Admiral Craigie » Thu, 14. Jul 11, 00:22

ive got the 5 cd/dvd enlighten version of X3 reunion. My first attempt in installing the game made my pc do a system restore. looking thru all the threads, i saw one saying by someone, once installed the game, before running it, move it to C:/ X3 Reunion. apparently some games dont like to run from the program x86 files. So, i tried this. And then downloading and installing the latest patch to the same file, C:/X3 Reunion. Got the game working fine. then 5 mins into flying around. it crashed and came up with the message saying X3 has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. blah blah blah. I run windows 7 64 bit by the way. I also saw another message in one of the threads about this problem and a possible fix for this crash. Just gotta find it again now :). But, at least i got it to work, its a start. with what i saw, the graphics looked awesome. cant wait for rebirth to hit the stores :)

selterloom
x3

Post by selterloom » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 00:12

I was having this issue. I played this game a long time ago and was revisiting it. None of the links to the 08105.mp3 and 08106.mp3 files worked though. I was able to find them though after much digging. As a result, I am posting them on my own webserver so others can get to them. Links below.

{Links to copyrighted materials removed. - Terre}

Grandcheapskate
x3

Post by Grandcheapskate » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 07:06

I just purchased the US version of R3 v2.0 on DVD. Two issues come right to the forefront.

1. The shortcut from the start menu for the readme file points to a non-existant v1.4 readme rather than the 2.0 readme. How such an obvious error makes it to the DVD is ridiculous.

2. And this one really ticked me off. The US copy by Enlight doesn't contain either a printed manual, or a manual on the disk. In fact, there is no mention a manual actually exists. I was told the european publisher put the manual in PDF format on the DVD. How could you possibly publish this game with no manual?

Seems from reading through this thread that Egosoft would do well to terminate it's association with Enlight. I now know to check for Enlight as a publisher and stay away from any software they distribute.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 11:05

X3: Reunion was the last game of the X series, which was released by Enlight.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mad Wyvern
x3

Post by Mad Wyvern » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 03:04

I have owned this game since 06, and the disks have become unreadable, is there someway to get a downloaded copy so I can play it again?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 10:46

@ Mad Wyvern: I assume you have uninstalled the game as a fully patched version does not need any disk to run. You could repurchase the game probably quite cheaply given its age (or a package containing it such as the X SuperBox) from Steam or any other suitable online supplier.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”