Is is possible to get ebooks anywhere else than Amazon?

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Gongdown
x4

Is is possible to get ebooks anywhere else than Amazon?

Post by Gongdown » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 06:20

Hi,

I am interested of (English versions) of X universe ebooks, Farnham's Legend, X2 Nopileos and X3 Yoshiko.

However, it seems that they are available only on Amazon, and I do not own Kindle reader or Windows PC, and their app does not work on Linux. So my reading options are nonexistent and I have no idea if Amazon allows book downloads?

Is it possible to purchase ebooks (preferably in epub format) from somewhere else? I have Kobo ebook reader with its own store, but it can also sideload books from other sources.

EDIT. I do own all Egosoft games via Steam, but they are standard versions so no included ebooks with them. And X3 is not available with any collection either.

EDIT2. Right after writing this, I realized that "X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition - Bonus content" includes two of the three ebooks, so they are sorted out, and only X3 is still not available. Well, except that it seems Steam only sells whole collectors edition, not just bonus content and it gets little pricey.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Is is possible to get ebooks anywhere else than Amazon?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 14:16

"Steam only sells whole collectors edition" Actually if you click on the Collectors' Edition or just its bonus material on Steam, it should deduct for included Steam elements that you already own and give you a reduced price covering the unowned elements - typically such as original soundtracks, etc. See if that helps you at all - obviously before you commit to buy.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gongdown
x4

Post by Gongdown » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 07:45

Yeah, Only thing I haven't purchased are those soundtracks - and that bundle includes 5 of them, about 10€ each. And bonus content is only available with that bundle.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 10:24

Gongdown wrote:
Sat, 20. Jan 24, 06:20
However, it seems that they are available only on Amazon, and I do not own Kindle reader or Windows PC, and their app does not work on Linux. So my reading options are nonexistent and I have no idea if Amazon allows book downloads?
Afaik Amazon doesn't allow book downloads, but you can read all your purchased ebooks online on https://read.amazon.com.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “Creative Universe”