3D Printable models?

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Matticus88
x4

3D Printable models?

Post by Matticus88 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 22:32

Not sure if creative is the correct board to ask this in but i'll shoot my question anyway.

Is there any 3D Printable models available that poeple are aware of/ have made of X-series ships/stations or other things?

Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 3D Printable models?

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 10:58

Type '3D printer' into the exact phrase box of this forum search tool and the thread posts shown there may be of interest.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 12:05

At the german board, we have this thread about 3D printing X² models with awesome results: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=437495

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Wavern427
x4

Post by Wavern427 » Thu, 26. May 22, 09:41

I'm a little late to this thread, but I've had some success here for an X4 ship: https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... destroyer/

I'm provided somewhat-detailed instructions in the comments on how to obtain, process, and hopefully print out a ship. Note that capital ships are much, much easier to prepare as they have less gizmos on them (no landing legs, no ramps, no cockpits, etc.) that would otherwise hinder the slicing and printing process. Seriously, I've spent hours wrestling with the cockpits and trying to get Ultimaker Cura to play nice with them, and my printing tests with an Argon Discoverer have yielded two failures so far. It would be nice if I could figure out how to just get a shell of the ship without any internals.

Return to “Creative Universe”