The Sole Collective (X3TC XTC DiD) -now not so dead

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

89James89

The Sole Collective (X3TC XTC DiD) -now not so dead

Post by 89James89 » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 10:20

Introduction and mods

So, withy the new game coming up I thought it would be fun to dust off the old TC and have a bit of another try at a run through with it, this time though I'm going for a XTC play through.
Started on the argon trading one where you get the disco and the super freighter and have a couple of rules below I plan on following.

-Can't buy any ships over a M6 from any of the main races (TL's exempt from this rule and pirates are free gain to buy whatever they'll sell me)
-Dynamic relations are on so someone somewhere is probably not going to like me at various times.
-Obviously at war with the usual Khaak, Xenon and the XTC hyper aggressive Yaki
-DiD (other than Auto Pilot idiocy and anything caused by family distractions)

-Begin Entry-

So, I've made it to the expansion region. A new start away from the past. Analytically thinking should mean that I'm safe for a while at least out here. Still I need to blend in, make some money to stay ahead, all while keeping my head down. Why? I'm a freak, and, according to the rest of the universe a very dangerous one at that. You see I'm not entirely human. I suffered from a deliberating disease several years ago. One that would have been fatal had my father not been such a genius when it came to AI. Working with the Aldrinians after communication with them was re-established he developed partially biological nano bots which were able to repair the damage parts of my body. A side effect however was that my body was augmented by these machines so that, whilst outwardly I look perfectly human inside I'm part AI and part organic. Unfortunately that makes me a Teran liability and while the other commonwealth races seem a bit more tolerable to me, they are still wary. Which, being fair they should be, due to the augmentations I have the processing capabilities of a Xenon with the mind of a sentient species. Anyway enough of that, lets get this log caught up.

Trading and salvaging. The lifeblood of my growing operation Its amazing how quickly cash flows in when you have the ability to universally trade with multiple ships on your own, (especially when you didn't have to actually buy most of them). I mean don't get me wrong I have a couple of guys and girls on the books. Mainly people my scavenging ship had picked up barely alive after attacks from the supposedly extinct Xenon and Khaak and the overly aggressive Yaki and Pirates, now intrinsically linked to me through the same nano's that my father use to rebuild me and equally as grateful.

Actual standing wise most of the galaxy seem to be happy to ignore me for the time being, either there all oblivious to my partial AI existences or they don't care. I doubt the latter though so I might have to be a bit careful as we grow to make sure we don't attract too much attention (or can deal with it when we do, never much been any good at fighting but those drone carriers look like they'd make a pretty nifty little home for me, and give me a bit of protection). As my fleet are pretty spread out though, I have a pretty good standing with most of the races including the pirates (which is rather intrinsic as I'll need them to get access to their capital ships).

So, that's the gist of it really. Large amounts of goods hauled back and forwards (mainly Biogas in Born space which has netted me tonnes of credits over the last few week) while remotely picking up ships and stripping and scrapping them. Not much else to report though as I'm currently trying to build up the bank balance (which works out well until I get distracted a set up a new UT) so I'd better get back to it and will be back later with another report.

-End Entry-
Last edited by 89James89 on Sat, 10. Nov 18, 01:43, edited 3 times in total.

89James89

Re: The Sole Collective (X3TC XTC DiD)

Post by 89James89 » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 10:22

Sole Collective Holdings

Combat:

Trading:

SCTS Profit Maker: Mercury SF, maxed out (Personal freighter)
SCTS UT 'pilot name here' 7 Various ST/UTs at various levels in various ships

Logistics / Other:

1 x M5's Mapping/ remote claiming ships
1x Vanguard Beat up to all sorts of hell currently buying up all the advanced sats it can
1x Iguana Currently laying down sat network

Funds:

32,782,349 cr
Last edited by 89James89 on Sat, 10. Nov 18, 01:46, edited 3 times in total.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 10:44

Now a part of the all knowing DiD list.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

89James89

Post by 89James89 » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 06:21

-Begin Entry 2-

Well as far as breaking news goes, this isn't the best. Turns out the 'extinct' Xenon and Khaak aren't really all that extinct. In fact, as the improved AI onboard my two recon crafts have just informed me, there's a bloody great Xenon Shipyard in Sector 611, an unexplored sector right next to Argon space, and a rather angry looking Khaak Destroyer in Unknown Sector south of Boron sector, Glow Of Faith.

Sadly we also had the first sentient loss for the Sole Collective, a Paranid that I had recovered and repaired using the nanite technology, and had been trading for me for a while now. Apparently he was jumped by a Khaak Corvette cluster and was destroyed before he could get his jump drive online. Not a nice feeling to lose him either as we were linked via the AI.

Having passed this information onto obviously worried, but apparently dismissive authorities, I've decided it might be an idea to get something with some actual guns (seriously, I don't have a single laser on any of my ships). I mean I have 30million credits so I can afford a M6 or something along them lines but having not really had any fighting experience I think I might hope and pray that the authorities do something about it and save for a bit longer. I mean I have this, admittedly, rather shady contact deep in pirate space who can get me a rather dubious looking ship that apparently works as a carrier. Not entirely sure if it's to carry those new heavily armed and armoured drones or if I'll have to find and finance a whole bunch of ships to fill it with but I guess we'll find out.

I might also have to hurry this up a bit as it would seem the Khaak have gone on a bit of an offensive. Seeing as one of my recon ships has just been blown to bits by a Khaak Raider (so blown to bits that the mapping system didn't even manage to map the gate for me). Deciding that I'd have a much better chance at survival in a heavily shielded freighter, I poked my head in and found that the sector was home to about 30 Khaak Corvettes. Not going to head back into there for a while.

So there we have it, that's how things stand at the moment. Currently I do have a Adv Sat in the Sector 611 keeping an eye on the Xenon Shipyard that currently seems to be doing nothing and, with any luck will continue to do nothing until I can try and do something about it. Anyway I need to get back to trading, not typing this journal entry. Credits don't make themselves you know. Also, apparently according to Betty, some high brow Paranid wants me to go pick up another high brow Paranid and safely get him safely to Holy Pathway. Not sure it would help with the whole keeping a low profile but it might be an idea to try and curry favour with the Paranid, who, hopefully will be more interested with my augmentations if they do find out, rather than overly hostile. At least that's the plan. If it fails I'll go and buy protection from the Teladi. They'll turn a blind eye to anything if I pay enough.

Wait, Betties got some more urgent news...... another Xenon Shipyard in Sector 1178...... Brilliant, perfect news.

-End Entry 2-
Last edited by 89James89 on Sat, 10. Nov 18, 01:43, edited 2 times in total.

89James89

Re: The Sole Collective (X3TC XTC DiD) - Now dead.

Post by 89James89 » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 10:31

-Begin Entry 3-

Well swings and roundabouts certainly are a thing in this Expansion Region. Turns out the Xenon Shipyards have.... well... umm.... disappeared. No ones claiming the glory for having destroyed them both but there no longer there so that's a good thing... I hope.

The Khaak however haven't. In fact, Glow of Faith is in the process of being annihilated by quite possibly the most dangerous Khaak ship we've seen, designated Dreadnought and having ripped through two Ray M2's. I'm a little bit worried about how the Boron are going to fare in the long run though they do seem to have fought it back for the moment, taking 3 Rays working together to achieve (not soon enough for the Shipyard that they had built in the sector though. It was the first station to go down to the Khaak, being torn in two by the powerful beam lasers if the newsfeeds are anything to go by).

So my intention to pick up a combat capable ship has been accelerated a little bit. Decided it might be an idea to pick up that Paranid guy. As long as he doesn't get to interested in my slightly mechanical looking apperance, we should be fine. Docking up at the Terran station makes me even more uncomfortable and I swear I picked up some sort of high tech surveillance program attempting to access the Iguana I'm flying but I managed to block it before it got anywhere and staying in my ship once docked, nothing happens.

Thinking that this might be a pretty easy job (once I'd managed to actually convince the High Priest to actually get onboard), I undocked and was promptly told to fly there as jump drives made him uneasy. Brilliant, you've chosen the point hat the Khaak and Xenon have decided to make a play for the universe and you want me to fly across the universe (not to mention several Terran sectors)?

Fine, whatever, I'm jumping if we see any Khaak or Xenon though.

Fast forward a bit and we've made it to the destination.... at which point I'm promptly told that I need to go back up to Bean so he can talk to someone on the goners Trading Post. What? Fine. Just be quick.

Turns out that was all the detours I needed to make and the nid was pretty happy with my 'adequate' help in the end. Well at least you know where you stand with the Paranid. Turns out I can't have done that bad a job as he contacts me again while I'm off do some more trading and trying to figure out what to do with my small fortune.

After a brief argument with possibly the most incompetent Nid I've ever met, he finally gets he a comm link with the High Priest who informs me I'm too provide a taxi for his lackey so that the guy can go and explore a new sector. This, I can only assume is sector 1716 which, despite my assurances that you really don't want to go in there (I might have forgot to mention that I lost both he sats in 1716 and 1718 to Xenon again), he wont take my word and wants to send someone to make sure. His funeral.

He wants me to go with him....... Into a Xenon sector..... I'm in a bloody TS. What the hell is wrong with this guy. Wait I've got an idea. Apparently the High Priest does actually really like me (or at least he likes me more than his idiot assistant). Fine, Tomes you want me to head into a Xenon sector with you, you get me clearance to buy a Paranid Drone Frigate.

No?

Ah well nevermind time for plan B. Not sure Tomes and the High Priest are going to be that happy with plan B but nevermind. Betty get in contact with that Teladi over in Blackhands Deals and get us one of there Mobile Pirate Bases and I want it now.

Several hours later, after finding out that it isn't actually a drone carrier but can, rather handily, carry T class ships and the Mobile Pirate Base glides into Primeval Seas to meet up with Tomes, predicatably drawing the attention of every military ship in the sector.

Shut up Tomes, should have got me the drone carrier then. Right, lets see what's in 1716 then......

-End Entry 3-
Last edited by 89James89 on Wed, 14. Nov 18, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

Triaxx2
x4

Re: The Sole Collective (X3TC XTC DiD) -now not so dead

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 00:26

Awesome, congrats on saving it.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “Creative Universe”