X - Farnham's Legend has brought me back to the X-Universe

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Blake00
xr

X - Farnham's Legend has brought me back to the X-Universe

Post by Blake00 » Mon, 30. Oct 17, 17:14

Hi guys,

I just finished the book and absolutely loved it. It really took me back to playing X1 & X2 a good 10 or so years ago. Such a shame there aren't English copies of all the sequel books. If only I spoke German lol!

As you can probably tell from my posting history I used to be pretty active here back in the late 2000s and early 2010s as I knocked down X1, X2, and X3. I made it a fair way into X3TC (& loved it) however the never ending player base & gates resource gathering missions just killed my interest and I took a break. It was only meant to be for 6mths or so but then I got distracted by other stuff and somehow nearly 5yrs has gone by lol! I still kept up on all egosoft news & videos and plan to return to my old savegame soon when i get a new graphics card. To facilitate that return I purchased X3AP and the boxset of XR Complete. To my surprise the boxset included an X book so I figured that reading it would be the perfect way to get back into the X-Universe and I wasn't disappointed.

I loved how the story took you into places we'd visited in the games describing them in great detail. Having played those games it really fueled my imagination when picturing some of the scenes while reading. I loved how it gave me so much more insight into the alien races of the x universe and their cultures which didn't always come across in the games. I also liked how the book had various little differences here and there compared to the games ensuring that I couldn't predict what was coming. It's been really fun playing the X4 preview videos while finishing off this story too. Now that I've reached the end I'm excited for all things X again a can't wait to get back into the series. :)

If only I could read all the sequel books.. out of curiosity do they involve planet killers? I noticed the xenon planet killer was a no show in the first book.
Last edited by Blake00 on Wed, 1. Nov 17, 15:15, edited 2 times in total.
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

BlackArchon
xr

Re: X - Farnham's Legend has brought me back to the X-Universe

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 19:57

Blake00 wrote:Hi guys,

I just finished the book and absolutely loved it. It really took me back to playing X1 & X2 a good 10 or so years ago. Such a shame there aren't English copies of all the sequel books. If only I spoke German lol!
Well, you don't need to be able to speak German to read the books, being able to read it would be sufficient. ;)
Blake00 wrote:...
If only I could read all the sequel books.. out of curiosity do they involve planet killers? I noticed the xenon planet killer was a no show in the first book.
No, there is no such thing in the novels. And only the first novel does follow the game plot of X:BtF, while the other four only have a very loose connection to the game's plots.

Return to “Creative Universe”