The great X Rebirth video competition

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 19:32

Thanks for the reply, thats not exactly what I meant though. The thing I want to hide is the hud, like the target reticules and the circle in the center of the screen. Pressing the numberpad keys and looking around the cockpit removes them briefly, but I'de like the turn them off completely to take the video.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 5. Apr 15, 18:33

I see. In external view there are no hud elements. So that would be an option. Apart from that, I don't know if it's possible to turn off the HUD elements.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 17:42

How about mods?
There are two different categories:
- Visual mods, like better textures, effects, modded npcs.
- Gameplay mods. For example, awesome ship bridge, modded ships, global war mod...

Solideven

XR video competition#Solideven

Post by Solideven » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 00:11

"Press F1 to return to Cockpit View": http://youtu.be/8-ulbVJpfCM

I went over the time limit, but this game is just too beautiful! It perfectly fits Hans Zimmer's sountrack from the Interstellar movie. Hope you enjoy!

BlueSabor
x4

Post by BlueSabor » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 19:08

X Rebirth video competition. BlueSabor

https://youtu.be/1KZnccHsPG4

My entry "Ice" :)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Corsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4
LG TV OLED55C141B (3840x2160@120Hz)
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 20:03

So both people who actually play it are competing for a prize?

Just thinking about Rebirth still makes me angry.

aspbazi
x4

Post by aspbazi » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 10:31

X Rebirth Battle Mix or ASPbazi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb7UFX-dGlU

Video Editor: Blender3D
Audio Editor: Audacity
Images Editor: GIMP

PS: No Politics :-)
IT-Service «Crimea-Karro» .

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Re:  XR video competition#Solideven

Post by Santi » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 22:00

Solideven wrote:"Press F1 to return to Cockpit View": http://youtu.be/8-ulbVJpfCM

I went over the time limit, but this game is just too beautiful! It perfectly fits Hans Zimmer's sountrack from the Interstellar movie. Hope you enjoy!
Seems your video is set to private.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

marcosxit
x4

Post by marcosxit » Sat, 18. Apr 15, 10:56

XR Video Competition #marcosxit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eizk48SLntE

an attempt to make a trailer of a great Epic film

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 20:01

I did made this video some time ago
X Rebirth 3.0 - Detail, Fighting and Beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxh6jmaf_YQ

Greetzzzz
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 20:48

@Informer - already saw your video some time ago, a very nice showcase :), I'm afraid you'll have to do some cuts though, rules say it shouldn't be more than 5 minutes :wink: ...even if should is not equal to has to...

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 21:05

Aken_Bosch wrote:@Informer - already saw your video some time ago, a very nice showcase :), I'm afraid you'll have to do some cuts though, rules say it shouldn't be more than 5 minutes :wink: ...even if should is not equal to has to...
And nice to hear you did like the video. :) Indeed my video is to long. Didn't even remember how long it was. I will give it a shot to make it a 5 min video. :)
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Re: XR video competition#Tamina

Post by BigBANGtheory » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 11:02

I'm suprised more of you aren't capturing the capital ship bridge :?

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 22:08

Axeface wrote:Thanks for the reply, thats not exactly what I meant though. The thing I want to hide is the hud, like the target reticules and the circle in the center of the screen. Pressing the numberpad keys and looking around the cockpit removes them briefly, but I'de like the turn them off completely to take the video.
Sorry, I know I'm coming a bit late, but the only way I know to completely remove the hud (I know because I just used it to make my video and some screenshots recently), requires you to have a Nvidia card...if you apply to the game the Helix Mod fix for X Rebirth , amongst the things not needed if you don't use 3D Vision, you'll still get two very convenient hotkeys (keys "7" and "9") for removing cockpit or the entire hud...it has a downside, that is that it seems to work by doing something with game shaders, so there are places (usually while very near to things, or at steep angles) where you'll see all kind of unpleasant artifacts, but for most of the occasions it works just fine :)

But, I'm afraid you really need to have a Nvidia card to make it work...I don't know if the fix applied to the game may prevent it from starting on AMD cards, but if someone can make a test...best case scenario, the game will work as usual, and these hotkeys will still be available ;)

-jtk-
x4

Post by -jtk- » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 07:33

X Rebirth video competition . -jtk-

https://youtu.be/WgzYO16LPyc

Beautiful videos :lol:

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

XR Video Competition#Aken_Bosch

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 12:37

My entry!

X Rebirth - Waking Up

@BigBANGtheory - sorry no bridge action this time (I wanted to, but can't remove the hud and crosshair from first person yet), but I have lots of others videos with that :)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: XR Video Competition#Aken_Bosch

Post by Tamina » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 13:20

Aken_Bosch wrote:My entry!

X Rebirth - Waking Up
:O That is so beautiful *-*
My favourite so far but all entries are very beautiful and great.
Now I regret that I have bought an AMD gpu to turn the HUD off :D
I am very impressed.

A few questions:
1.) Which video editing software did you use?
> I used Windows Movie Maker but I have the problem upon exporting that sound and video get out of sync, the music is slightly but noticably faster. I think it has something to do with the American NTSC system.
2.) Which video recording software?
3.) How did you manage that the Xenon don't attack you?
4.) And whats that cool music in the background? :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 14:35

Thank you :)
As for the hud question, as I wrote I don't know if the trick can also work on AMD cards, someone has to be brave enough to try :P

1) I used the VSCD Free Video Editor suggested by X2-Illuminatus (thank you for the suggestion btw!)...it has its limitation (some crashes, and the preview function was so slow to be almost completely useless...I had to render the entire video multiple times to see where to correct and adjust things :shock: ), but is simple enough that for the first time I understood how to work on a video montage, I always wanted to do one but I've never been able to before!

2) Nvidia Shadowplay, it's very good because it has a negligible impact on performance even at exceptional quality (the raw videos at full screen, were practically the same as having the game running!), it's very dumb because it records everything on screen, including mouse cursor, steam overlay and notifications, everything...had to use a joystick to have a completely clean view...

3) Well, the Xenon I was too busy chewing the Balors I threw at it :)...I cut before the thing noticed me and gave me its greetings :D

4) Waking Up by M83, part of the Oblivion movie soundtrack, as reported in description ;)...a bit underrated movie, but it's really worth it in my opinion, even for the music alone, go check it if you already didn't! :)

AmuroRei
x4

Post by AmuroRei » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 04:41

Hello everyone, my video is simple, Taranis vs Branch 9 K with background music!

XR video competition# AmuroRei

Taranis vs Xen Branch 9 K 2

:)
Last edited by AmuroRei on Sun, 26. Apr 15, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

kinetic
xr

Post by kinetic » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 11:20

Hi everyone & good luck to those involved :)

X Rebirth Video Competition # kinetic

X Rebirth - The Calm (before the Storm)

https://youtu.be/EdAUzhdhkG0

(2k & 4k)
Last edited by kinetic on Sun, 26. Apr 15, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Creative Universe”