The Space Opera continues!

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 19:34

@TargetLost: Yep, these are no songs in the conventional sense. This is actually kind of the most prominent hallmark of progressive rock/prog metal. If it followed conventional song structures, it wouldn't be progressive, now would it? ;-) It would be mainstream!

I know the music may appear overwhelming to listeners with little previous exposure to prog stuff. The music is mainly inspired by bands like Star One, Ayreon, Dream Theater, but also Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir. And of course JM Jarre & Kraftwerk.

Cheers,
Helge
Last edited by HelgeK on Wed, 1. Jan 14, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 19:41

Hi space faring crowd,

there's a chaotic pulsating color explosion pretending to be a music video for Unto the Stars. Do not watch if you're likely to have epileptic seizures :-)

There may be videos with ingame-scenes and/or musicians performing later. In the meantime, if any of you would like to create nice looking music videos with ingame-footage (and I meam really nice: filmed to a storyboard, with multiple cameras and so on) and have it posted on the voXager channel, contact me at helge@voXager.de

Cheers,
Helge

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 10:33

HelgeK wrote:@TargetLost: Yep, these are no songs in the conventional sense. This is actually kind of the most prominent hallmark of progressive rock/prog metal. If it followed conventional song structures, it wouldn't be progressive, now would it? ;-) It would be mainstream!

I know the music may appear overwhelming to listeners with little previous exposure to prog stuff. The music is mainly inspired by bands like Star One, Ayreon, Dream Theater, but also Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir. And of course JM Jarre & Kraftwerk.

Cheers,
Helge
Hmm... did I also heard some inspiration from Amon Duul, Karthago, Faust, Can, Neu! (and maybe some Eloy)?

Good work.. :wink:

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 03:26

Well, I used to listen to Eloy a lot. I've got all their albums.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 18:16

Very nice work! I have a little off-topic question- after asking in a comic- and bookstore they told me that the german novel 'X-Rebirth Plutarch Rising' comes probably at 4/12/14 (ist this correct? english date- in german termination I mean 12. 4. 2014), but internal publisher's information is that it comes this month. Is there a release date you can tell the german fans of your books?

Wait for it... Not only because I want to read, but also to finish the next XRebirth version of the encyclopedia-extension I work on. In the pre-version coming next I already added the halmnan aurora to Albion (for all of you who know the previous mod, its a completely new texture based on a EGO pic which probably shows the aurora), And upgraded planets and whole clusters to fit with some infos from previous books, but I wait for your book to finish the work with all informations...
greetings, MJ Fire

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 01:16

I don't actually know when the novel will come out. I'm still working on it, so this delay is on me, not the publisher...

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 03:37

Ok, then good Luck, waiting for it. The first pages in the Collectors Edition where as good as the other books- and it was funny to read what an old friend of Nopileos does today... :D I look forward to this book.

Viel Erfolg beim schreiben!
greetings, MJ Fire

risbosix
x3tc

Post by risbosix » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 21:50

I was "away" for some times and it's nice too see the update plan on this game is taking the right direction =)

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 16:25

I purchased from Amazon UK yesterday and received a promotional discount. I'm not sure what promotion (I don't think it was personal to me). That made it £6.99, at least for a while. I thought others might like to know.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Mon, 14. Apr 14, 15:39

It's also available now as digipack/double CD album in the Egosoft Shop for €13, if you're into physical media :-) Content is the same as the digital version, but it has great cover artwork by Egosoft's Alex Preuss, and a booklet with sinister photographs of the voXager crew :-)

http://www.egosoft.com/shop/default.asp?id=88

[ external image ]

Cheers,
Helge

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Mon, 14. Apr 14, 18:19

I prefer digital for my music, and don't mind it for my books either, but I'll for GoG :)
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Wemheuer
x3tc

Post by Wemheuer » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 19:41

HelgeK wrote: [ external image ]
An Andromeda \o/

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 16:24

Wemheuer wrote:
HelgeK wrote: [ external image ]
An Andromeda \o/
Yeah - nice thing from Alesis. It has been bit above my budget (understatement), and it still is...

Oh well - At least there are some more affordable soft-syths (I love to use the Omnisphere - Trillian - Stylus RMX combo). Still - I would LOVE to get my hands on that Adromeda thingy... 8)

SpacePopX

Post by SpacePopX » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 14:19

now this is something different

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 16:48

Spacy design- fits to other X boxes in the shelf- exept for the dark and noble XRebirth Collectors Edition hull :D

Other Thing: Because of non corresponding race informations on the X sites, I now tried to create a correct biologic overview over the 5 original races in X-Universe. I tried to look on different anatomic details described in the Books and overviews and fit them with living conditions or evolution history. It's, for now , only in german, because I first want to ask you, Helge, If this fits with your thoughts of the races or if there are details you would work out different (as example, for paranids I created a compromise between the book descriptions and the concept art once was published). After such corrections I would start to translate it into english...
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
greetings, MJ Fire

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 10:31

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Spacy design- fits to other X boxes in the shelf- exept for the dark and noble XRebirth Collectors Edition hull :D

Other Thing: Because of non corresponding race informations on the X sites, I now tried to create a correct biologic overview over the 5 original races in X-Universe. I tried to look on different anatomic details described in the Books and overviews and fit them with living conditions or evolution history. It's, for now , only in german, because I first want to ask you, Helge, If this fits with your thoughts of the races or if there are details you would work out different (as example, for paranids I created a compromise between the book descriptions and the concept art once was published). After such corrections I would start to translate it into english...
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
greetings, MJ Fire
Where can i get this in english???

EDIT:
Ok, right, didnt read your full comment and spammed "where can i get" answer :)

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 2. Feb 16, 18:06

I didn't like this opera at all. The beginning of each track is fine, but as soon as the metal part kicks in, it sounds very desynced and vocalists are simply awful. I'd rather listen to Nightwish, and wish I could get my 8$ back so bad it was... Awfully bad. It's like a bad part of town cheap bar opera, this what it sounded like to me, sorry.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Return to “Creative Universe”