Dominion and Rogues Testament now available...

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 14:29

I had a look into e-booking the stories a while back but drifted off due to other committments. What I noticed is that the various e-book formats are not mutually compatible. That means if you create an e-book for a certain reader users of devices that cannot use that reader are hitting the dust.

If anybody knows of a format that is supported across the board then I am happy to look further into it.

My last idea has been CHM, which is compiled html and there are a number of readers around but I don't think readers for all devices/systems. :(

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 00:52

I've got the Rogue series, Traders Tale series (from your site kiwi) on my PC and on my Tungsten T palm Device.

Have Adobe Reader 7 on my PC and Adobe reader for palm os on my tungsten. Adobe reader 3.0 for palm/pocket pc's is available free from the adobe website. The pdf format is the only redaer which appears to be available for all of the various devices.
I can't get microsoft reader for my tungsten or any palm devices, you have to have a pocket pc to use it. D'oh!

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 11:30

True, and you can also get it for Symbian OS. But do the mobile versions allow you to set bookmarks to continue reading later on or do you have to memorise it?

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 17:23

On my tungsten, yes, I can just switch it on and continue on from where I left off........since my job is sssoooooo boring, it's a flippin' life saver! :D

Geckomind
x3

Post by Geckomind » Sun, 9. Jul 06, 16:40

Is Volume Two actually planned? Any news on recent developments?
"The first thing my father told me was: Never start a fight, but always finish it." - John David Sheridan

[ external image ]

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Sun, 13. Aug 06, 18:15

I think Steve is still a tad miffed about his experiences with X3. He could always base it around X2 though! :)

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sun, 13. Aug 06, 18:21

Geckomind wrote:Is Volume Two actually planned? Any news on recent developments?
I think Steel is kinda busy or at least not around :?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 13:32

Mastermue wrote:I think Steve is still a tad miffed about his experiences with X3. He could always base it around X2 though! :)
Yea - I was pretty miffed with the unplayable release state and the 'anything that looks like a bug or a problem is a fault with your pc' attitude to tech support.

The Rogues series is pretty complete as a trilogy. I began a fourth but without a working ( and fun) X game to keep the imagination going I just couldn't keep the enthusiasm I'm afraid.

And the apparently lower tech levels of x3 are pretty hard to square with what went before. All in all I found x3 very disappointing. Too much gameplay and basic functionality as found in x2 as it became at the end, butchered on the eye-candy alter.

Combat was better, but that's about it.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 4. May 11, 16:09

Dominion/RT is now available (much to my and Darren's surprise) for the Kindle via Amazon.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 15. Dec 16, 22:48

SteveMill wrote:Dominion/RT is now available (much to my and Darren's surprise) for the Kindle via Amazon.
Are there links for the kindle version to buy?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Steel
x4

Re: Dominion and Rogues Testament now available...

Post by Steel » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 09:57

Since I have been asked the update is that unfortunately with the sands of time, all the links for downloadable copies of this are now retired.

You can still buy the paperback version over at Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Universe-One ... 1412019559

Thanks

Steel

Return to “Creative Universe”