Dominion and Rogues Testament now available...

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 8. Jul 04, 22:19

I think it's "print on demand" so there's as many copies available as there are requests for the book!

vader146

Post by vader146 » Thu, 8. Jul 04, 22:31

I'd like to demand (sure thats not how it works but u can't blame me 4 trying)

Hicky
x4

Post by Hicky » Mon, 9. Aug 04, 15:31

Just finished Volume One. Fantastic read and I hope Volume 2 will see the light of day. Great work gentlemen.

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Tue, 10. Aug 04, 10:38

Click Here for info on how to get the book and further details. Added this as I keep getting requests for info and where to get the book from. It's all on there.

hth

Steel

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 15. Sep 04, 19:55

Except that after six weeks of waiting for a delivery from Amazon, they sent me an e-mail saying it would be another 4-6 weeks. :(
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 14. Oct 04, 16:22

And I just got another one.

Any news on actual availability Steel? I feel I may get a better answer from you than Amazon customer services.

Jigs Awe
x2

Post by Jigs Awe » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 12:05

£16.49! plus 1.99 coz its a hard to find title!! plus postage!

geez

anywhere i can get it cheaper? and where i dont have to wait nearly 2months?
A Rookie today, a Hero tomorrow.

Disciple of the Capture Guru

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 23:34

Rapier wrote:And I just got another one.

Any news on actual availability Steel? I feel I may get a better answer from you than Amazon customer services.
When I ordered mine it came via the Egosoft shop, no problems there (but it was some time ago). Thought about Amazon but they couldn't get me White Wolf by David Gemmel so I sort of hung off ordering anything that was by a less well known author.

Elwood J Blues
x3tc

Post by Elwood J Blues » Fri, 19. Nov 04, 07:30

Where to begin. I didn't think that these stories were that big. I've just been reading the things on the game disk, and i think its ingenious. Now i read there a BOOKS! I've owned the game for nearly a year, and i've just found out about the fanfiction stuff. How far behind am I??? I did stop playing for a long time (about 8 months).

I feel a great shame.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Fri, 26. Nov 04, 20:22

Amazon just cancelled my order, saying that they couldn't get hold of a copy. Where can we get it now?

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 20:26

Rapier wrote:Amazon just cancelled my order, saying that they couldn't get hold of a copy. Where can we get it now?
http://www.trafford.com/robots/03-2433.html

hth

Steel

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Fri, 7. Jan 05, 10:15

Medic279
x3

Post by Medic279 » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 16:08

Would you consider repackaging Dominion and the Rogue stories (and perhaps ask Merc about the Traders Tale ones) as MS Reader/Mobipocket files and selling them at ebook prices?

I don't have the space any more to buy too many hard copies of books - 95% of what I read now is in electronic format of one kind or another. It seems to me that if you repackaged the HTML/text in pdf to std ebook format you could make them extremely accessible to an increasingly large audience (and make some money).

The only problem I can see with this is that the current publishers would have to agree to the books being released this way and if you're holding out for a hard-copy release for books later in the series then it might not make sense to release them commercially.

Additionally it seems that the hard copies are increasingly difficult to find.

Just a thought as I was reading through the latest FL fix :) Feel free to ignore...

Matt

EDIT: I think I may have missed the point about why you got the books published - rather for the joy of seeing the books in hardcopy than for monetary reasons. In addition, I just realised that my PDA can read acrobat files (although the print is quite small to fit the page in view sideways). The points made above still seemed at least partly relevant though so I thought I'd leave them in (Got to start thinking before typing).

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 14:19

Medic279 wrote:Would you consider repackaging Dominion and the Rogue stories (and perhaps ask Merc about the Traders Tale ones) as MS Reader/Mobipocket files and selling them at ebook prices?
Steve Miller's Rogues Testament found on steve's Space Ritual website here

and I can't find it but I was sure Dominion was also available in PDF somewhere, :-\ though I can't find it in my half hearted attempt just now, somone else may be able to point you in the right direction.

hth

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 12:53

Medic279 wrote:Would you consider repackaging Dominion and the Rogue stories (and perhaps ask Merc about the Traders Tale ones) as MS Reader/Mobipocket files and selling them at ebook prices?

I don't have the space any more to buy too many hard copies of books - 95% of what I read now is in electronic format of one kind or another. It seems to me that if you repackaged the HTML/text in pdf to std ebook format you could make them extremely accessible to an increasingly large audience (and make some money).

The only problem I can see with this is that the current publishers would have to agree to the books being released this way and if you're holding out for a hard-copy release for books later in the series then it might not make sense to release them commercially.

Additionally it seems that the hard copies are increasingly difficult to find.

Just a thought as I was reading through the latest FL fix :) Feel free to ignore...

Matt

EDIT: I think I may have missed the point about why you got the books published - rather for the joy of seeing the books in hardcopy than for monetary reasons. In addition, I just realised that my PDA can read acrobat files (although the print is quite small to fit the page in view sideways). The points made above still seemed at least partly relevant though so I thought I'd leave them in (Got to start thinking before typing).
I guess the main problem is that the X-Universe is copyright and you can't really sell fan fiction. The e-book sites I've seen, like Fictionwise - won't touch this sort of thing.

It would be nice to make some money from all the work that went into the series but that's the way it goes. As Avis said - the stories are available in pdf free. It's a shame pdf's aren't that readable on portable devices - at least not on my Palm Pilot.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 14:29

I had a look into e-booking the stories a while back but drifted off due to other committments. What I noticed is that the various e-book formats are not mutually compatible. That means if you create an e-book for a certain reader users of devices that cannot use that reader are hitting the dust.

If anybody knows of a format that is supported across the board then I am happy to look further into it.

My last idea has been CHM, which is compiled html and there are a number of readers around but I don't think readers for all devices/systems. :(

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 00:52

I've got the Rogue series, Traders Tale series (from your site kiwi) on my PC and on my Tungsten T palm Device.

Have Adobe Reader 7 on my PC and Adobe reader for palm os on my tungsten. Adobe reader 3.0 for palm/pocket pc's is available free from the adobe website. The pdf format is the only redaer which appears to be available for all of the various devices.
I can't get microsoft reader for my tungsten or any palm devices, you have to have a pocket pc to use it. D'oh!

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 11:30

True, and you can also get it for Symbian OS. But do the mobile versions allow you to set bookmarks to continue reading later on or do you have to memorise it?

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 17:23

On my tungsten, yes, I can just switch it on and continue on from where I left off........since my job is sssoooooo boring, it's a flippin' life saver! :D

Geckomind
x3

Post by Geckomind » Sun, 9. Jul 06, 16:40

Is Volume Two actually planned? Any news on recent developments?
"The first thing my father told me was: Never start a fight, but always finish it." - John David Sheridan

[ external image ]

Return to “Creative Universe”