[DID] Best Served Cold - APR Book 2

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Re: [DID] Best Served Cold - APR Book 2

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 09:02

Triaxx2 wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 04:29
Shorter chapters
See that 's'? That denotes a plural. I only see one chapter. Quit slacking off.
From iron, steel. From wood, ash.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 14:57

Less slacking off, more a minor issue of having to re-write a large section of the next chapter because my save corrupted itself. Fortunately it's only the one chapter.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 20:05

See? Only a minor delay. :D

Chapter 38: Expressing Displeasure

I have to locate the pirate strongholds before I can destroy them. So my first task is to add that fighter drone production, while my scouts hunt down the pirate bases.

Of course it's never that easy. The drone factory employs Split cloned tissue for guidance and fire control, so it requires Massom Powder for proper protein production. I also added a couple of Boron Chip plants to improve the production. It's a little over the supply, but the production cycle is so long it shouldn't make a difference.

While I wait, I decide to check in on the various available controls and find out that MARS does have a priority targeting system. And it takes just one button. Sigh. I need to prod my way through more menus and see what else can be done. But then I get a message that there are more pirates in Seizewell. Time to make my initial displeasure felt. Upon arrival a prepped pair of Tenjins are teleported into space, and they immediately max throttle to engage the four pirates. Two Elites, a Buzzard, and Harrier are little match for the two heavy fighters, but I order the Revenge into position to support. My vengeance is not to be ignored. It turns out to be very fortuitous. The local shipyard has a Split who wants a Rastar Refinery M in Family Whi, and I have a TL docked at a Split Shipyard. While ordering it to jump in, I also spot some pirates, and decide to jump into meet them.

Of course a pair of Pirate Nova Raiders are a slightly better match for my Tenjin's but not while I'm here to support them. My TL drops the station and jumps out while I move to engage the Pirates. There are Paranid here, but this is a bad place to engage them.

A contract on the life of a pirate takes me to Rhonkar's fire, where we live through the first engagement, then I lose one of my remaining Tenjins to a small group of pirate M4's. Argh. Time to retreat and give things time to rearm. Still no word on the pirate bases. Perhaps I'll take a missile frigate and take the fight to them in a place I know they'll be.

I make the jump back to Avarice, and park on the northern end of the sector. All fighters are grounded. Instead of a missile frigate, I send for the Rapscallion (Brigantine) it's not been doing much and it's properly prepared for a combat mission. Next stop, Grand Exchange. It has a slight pirate problem. Mostly it's small bits of rapidly expanding ex-pirate but even so, those things are dangerous. Good thing someone invented shields. Merchant Haven suddenly has the same problem. But I need some bigger targets. Even M3's aren't much of a match for me and the pirates can replace them with depressing speed.

Rolling into Gaian Star after a long, boring flight, I'm greeted by enemy pirates and strangely enough... neutral ones. The enemies don't put up much fight and the neutrals seem uninterested in my prescence. The Pirate base ahead though, that's a juicy target I can't resist. Destroying it is a hollow revenge though. By the time I've arrived all the pirates have already attacked and despite being told I'd be hunted like vermin, nothing comes to threaten me. I board the Revenge again, and jump away. I need a drink.

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 14:08

Yes, only two months. Now keep it going while the rest of us continue slacking off ;)
Triaxx2 wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 20:05
The drone factory employs Split cloned tissue for guidance and fire control, so it requires Massom Powder for proper protein production.
How I've missed your brand of alternate world views.
From iron, steel. From wood, ash.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 05:13

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it.

Return to “Creative Universe”