[AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Triaxx2
x4

Re: [AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 22:04

Holy shit. That was epic. Can't wait for more. 3+ way battle to wrap it up. Cala Ma, the Terrans, Snake Eye. Ea't and his Sidekick. Let's make a mess!

---

Ea't stalked through his ship. Not the angry, rage fueled stalk the humans did, but the purposeful hunting stalk of his ancestors. Mirrored curiously by the hunting cats of earth. He was sure, he thought, as he moved purposely in time with the heart beat of the ship, that he'd told the Huruk'tar that Cala Ma would set her stalkers to hunt Ea't. He wouldn't have neglected such a detail. Right?

He stopped, his shadow having stopped a heartbeat sooner. That wasn't the Split word for it. He knew he was tired by defaulting to the human word. All the more reason to end the hunt sooner rather than later. His crew had killed two of the assassins. Another had fought to a stand still. And yet another had died to kill his attacker. The last was Ea't's. His shadow knew such and still the Split stalked with him. The Nagh'rasha was well trained, and quicker than a striking snake. It screamed as the Jatra severed the tentacle stretching out with the poisoned needles. It's swampsuit sealed itself, and it shifted to move away. Ea't's shadow hit it in the face with a hatch cover. It flowed away, tentacles reaching for the wall to dive into a vent shaft. The Jatra slammed into the vent shaft entrance as it's head moved to squeeze in. The screeching cut off into a fluid squelching as the swamp suit sealed around the injury, killing the boron inside to avoid it being captured. Nagh'rasha never survived their missions. Ea't smiled, and wiped the ichor from his Jatra. He smiled and glanced at his shadow. "Dangerous prey is the most exciting, is it not?" His Shadow said nothing but smiled.

---

Paladin walked across the floor of the room. His spurs jingled as he went. Those shadowing him were as hostile as could be and yet... they hesitated. He certainly wasn't invited. He was wanted. In theory he should be dead. They were in fact, quite certain they'd killed him at least three times already. It hadn't taken before and they had orders to wait. He was also carrying a picnic basket. Sensors registered no weapons, no explosives, no poison. Indeed the only thing that could be detected was the presence of fried chicken. He walked to the desk at the end of the room. The secretary blinked up at him.

"Chicken?" He pro offered the basket. She shook her head. "Then I guess I'm here to see your boss."

"He's not in." he sighed.

"You and I both know, absolutely that he is. We both also know that he's gone to quite extensive measures to ensure that there is only one way in or out of his office. And I know that I have gone to rather amusing lengths to ensure that the escape tunnel which totally does not exist, leads into a room filled with traps which will do quite horrific things, even to someone in shielded powered armor. So, what I am going to do, is sit down and have a bite to eat until he decides to be in his office and have time for me."
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 01:10

Triaxx, I'm grinning from ear to ear as I write this. :D

tcario, aye. Absolutely. You can count on it.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 20:26

Hey guys.
I'd like to take a moment to let you all know how I'm doing.
I started writing this story after reading Nuclear Slug's DID's. As far as I'm concerned that guy is and will forever be the Great One in this forum. And, although we've only very rarely spoken, (twice) he's also my mentor for I learned from his example. He inspired me to both try the DiD approach and to write about it. For that, NS, you've got not only my respect but my sincere thanks.
This has been quite the journey hasn't it?
For those of you who've made it this far you have my sincere gratitude for allowing the meanderings of my tired and dying imagination to find light in your hearts. You guys, the readers wanting more, other minds, other islands of consciousness, hearing this story through a strange and archaic form of communication that requires you look inward to hear me... this brought me back from the dead.
I don't want to get maudlin or melodramatic but, to give you an idea, in 2017 I was 296lbs / 134kg and regularly found myself considering suicide as a valid form of pain management.
I'm now in the neighborhood 210lbs / 95kg and climbing back out of the hole I started digging when I stopped believing in ME.
Here's the way through the bull-shit: pay attention to your heart. It is the master of your experience. With your heart you dictate to the other 35-40 trillion cells of you where you're at and what's important. So pay attention to your heart.
And BREATHE ON PURPOSE.
It's that simple.
Through your heart, which speaks more to the brain than vice versa, you can assert resonance and coherence upon your entire system. For those interested visit HeartMath.org and just follow your intuition. I also... recommend is too weak a word. The Wim Hof method is constituted of cold exposure and breathwork. Through it I've been dissolving trauma that has been destabilizing me for forty years if not longer.
I'm going back to school for my engineering degree. I've started to look up and believe in working towards a future that makes me feel good about myself and humanity. I'm taking responsibility for myself, putting my house in order, ascertaining what's important to me (what makes every particle of my local experience of space time SING) and just diving in.
My experience is that Intelligence is not something one possesses. It is a relationship, a way of being, a tempo, a frequency, a ratio. If you throw a pebble into a still pool, every ripple is the same amount larger than the one before it as the one after is to it. This is a generational relationship where magnitude is profane. Ratio is sacred. We're just ripples, right?
Nodes on a network.
Cells in a much larger and profoundly more sophisticated organism or system.
Doesn't that just feel like peace?
Look up.
Dream big.
And work as hard as you can to make what makes your heart sing... bigger.
Breathe it bigger.
Make every breath serve your heart.
Thanks for sticking with me, guys.
I truly am grateful for you, every one, much the way Gin was grateful for the presence of her parents in this last chapter.
I truly do love you all.
- SD
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 13:58

Sorry you got that low, glad you're doing better. Engineering eh? I always suspected it, but now you've confirmed. You're one of THOSE people. The ones good at math. :lol:

Thanks for the inspiring words.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 14:27

Triaxx2 wrote:
Wed, 4. Aug 21, 13:58
Sorry you got that low, glad you're doing better. Engineering eh? I always suspected it, but now you've confirmed. You're one of THOSE people. The ones good at math. :lol:

Thanks for the inspiring words.
Yeah man. Right back atcha.
I don't know if I'm good at math anymore but I do love it; structures that can be relied on, you know? Consistent ways for both perceiving the world in a precise, concise and undeniable way (err... undeniable to rational people, anyway) and solving problems with a method that provides demonstrable solutions. So, aye, I do love math.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 14:21

Just a quick tangent: for those interested in the kind of flying I've been doing lately feel free to check me out on YouTube.
Apologies for YouTube's downscaling.
Cheers and carry on.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 18:25

*sneaks in to gently noodle Scion again*

That is all. Carry on.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

ls612
x4

Post by ls612 » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 04:57

Wow! I remember reading From Nothing many many years ago, and when I bought X4 on the steam winter sale I thought of it and decided to re-read it. Suffice it to say I have completely binged through this sequel in the past few days haha. I'm really looking forward to seeing some sort of closure for Drake and the Terrans and for the story to reach a satisfying ending. Although it will be sad knowing that immediately after the jumpgates will turn off and likely ruin most of their lives. :cry:

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 17:14

It's been five months, going on six. I think it's time for another noodling.

*unwraps a fresh pool noodle and proceed to noodle Scion again*

That is all. Carry on.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 19:24

:D Sorry guys.
I have a fairly good idea where I'm going with the story. I even know how I want to end Prodigal Son. I seem to be evolving as a person, however, and think that's part of the process. As in: I need to become a better person in order to write the ending that I want to write.
It sure has been a journey, hasn't it?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 04:44

It definitely has been. Glad you're feeling better about it though.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 15:23

I first started writing in this forum after falling off a roof in '09. I broke 13 bones and sustained a head injury that resulted in all kinds of neurological issues. I couldn't walk across a room or fill out paperwork once I did. So I ended up on social security as a dependent of the state, which was just devastating to my ego, lifestyle and every aspect of my world view.
I started writing after reading NS's DiD's and discovered that I not only enjoyed it but seem to have a talent for it.
But there was still a lot going on in the real world. I started feeling sorry for myself and, by 2015, had gained an enormous amount of weight. For the next 5 years I fluctuated between 250 and 300 lbs (113 - 136 kg).
Then, in the beginning of 2020, right around the time the entire world was recoiling in shock from Covid 19, I began to have a series of epiphanies. Since then my diet changed. I began exercising more and more, starting with walks that gradually got longer and longer until I was walking a minimum of 5 miles (8 km) a day with long walks being in the neighborhood of 13-17 miles (21-27 km). Last November I weighed 205 lbs (93kg) but I was what they call skinny-fat. I was still carrying a lot of bodyfat. In January I joined a local gym and began weight lifting again.
It was awful.
The first thing I realized was just how much I'd atrophied. In my twenties I benched 325 for a 1PR, for instance. In January I could barely get 1/2 of that up. But I kept after it and kept after it and kept after it. It's a few months later and I'm now up to 221 lbs as my bodyfat continues to drop.
The most amazing part of all of this is the changes in my psychology. Exercise and a consistent daily routine are the cure to the majority of mental afflictions that people in our society deal with. I don't take anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds anymore. I don't need sleeping pills. I get up every day, hit the gym and then go for a walk as the sun rises. That's my therapy.
Now I need to sort out some things that I need to say with this story before I write the end of it. They're specific and I want to get them right. It's not done. I know how it "ends". I just need to connect the dots.
To those of you who still check this page, thanks, cheers and hang in there.
- SD

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 05:54

As someone who once took on a similar journey of self development (minus falling off a roof), only to relapse and then have to start all over again; It can be a b**ch sometimes, but in the end it's definitely worth it. And it sounds to me like you're doing an awesome job. *cheers from the other side of the Atlantic*

Best of luck on your journey, where ever it may take you. And don't worry. I'll be here, noodling you until you either finish or the forum shuts down, whichever comes first. ;)

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 14:08

:D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 23:52

Glad to hear it, and I can't wait for more, but take your time and do it right. Soon I start a new job and can get a GPU that'll run at more than 15 FPS, so I can finish my story as well! Or at least get back to it.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 04:56

Triaxx2 wrote:
Fri, 1. Apr 22, 23:52
Glad to hear it, and I can't wait for more, but take your time and do it right. Soon I start a new job and can get a GPU that'll run at more than 15 FPS, so I can finish my story as well! Or at least get back to it.
Congrats on the new job, Triaxx! Looking forward to some more APR. :D

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 05:39

NOODLING TIME!

*unpacks fresh pool noodle and gently noodles Scion*

Hope all is well, Scion. *crosses fingers and send over an internet hug just because*

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 14:10

:D
nod nod
I'm working on it.
I've been wrestling with a specific sticking point for a long time and am still undecided on how to resolve it.
This may sound a bit new-agey but direct your thoughts and intentions at me and the story for the next week or two.
I firmly "believe", which is to say, I experience that we are all part of what Carl Jung referred to as the collective unconsious. I sincerely believe that many of my greatest pieces of writing have been the consequence of channelling the imaginations of others.
So put your imaginations to work and direct it at me.
I have an "ending" in mind.
I do.
But I don't yet have all the pieces.
Cheers folks.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 04:17

Hello hello.
It's been almost two months, so I think it's time for another noodling.

As always, hope you're doing well on the other side of that pond they call the Atlantic.

Cheers!
-Z

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 14:29

Copy
Back to it, then.

Return to “Creative Universe”