[AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Zaitsev
x4

Re: [AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 22. May 20, 23:00

It has now been a month since your last noodling, Mr. Scion. Prepare for another one!

*unwraps a fresh pool noodle and proceeds to noodle Scion*

Hope you're doing well, Scion, and that the computer hiccups have been fixed. *crosses fingers*

Cheers :D
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Mon, 25. May 20, 03:12

*joins the noodling*

Hadn't read the February chapter until now, loving all the action we're seeing in different places.

"You invited me for a meal yet here you are ungrilled." - this had me on the floor for a good while :mrgreen:
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 22:14

All right, it's been almost a month so I think it's time for another noodling.

Hope you're doing all right, Scion. <3

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 19:20

Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with some real life... hmm... not sure what to call them. My daughter has had my attention quite a bit of late and, as a consequence, her mom and I have been in each other's orbit again with all the predictable messiness THAT entails. In addition I've been looking at going back to school again and I haven't been in a classroom since 1995 which means I've been feeling rather out of my depth. AND I think my new downstairs neighbor (the one who invited me to this supposedly peaceful little town in the middle of nowhere which has turned out to be horribly noisy and aggravating all of my neural conditions) may actually be plotting to kill me. And, by that, I mean that she is more heavily armed than a policeman while walking around telling everyone who will listen that she feels threatened by me. :o

Which means that I am, once again, looking for a quiet, peaceful place to write and listen to the birds... as opposed to people screaming profanity into a neighborhood with children, the occasional jackhammer and asphalt paving crew, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, snow-ploughs, large trucks both trundling through and frequently backing up (that bloody sound alone is enough to turn me into Drake on a bad day) and, of course, the never-ending monstrous flatulence of the air conditioner belonging to the bank next door. I tell you, after 2008 my patience for banks is thin at best. I've already done the legwork to put the bank manager in contact with reputable and knowledgeable providers of quiet and efficient fan blades AND explained why and how that is what he needs... as opposed to a fence or conduit to physically obstruct the sound. Neither of which would work and the second indicates a failure to understand how a fan works in an enclosed environment.

I tell you, the sound of that AC is the audio equivalent of chinese water torture.

It's my dawns, you know? When the world is just waking up and feels like it's holding its breath in anticipation of the coming day, when all the birds are a choral cacophony of praise for the coming light... aaaaand then there's that goddamn mother-frakking blight on the peace and tranquility of the very fabric of reality (no really I can prove it) also known as the bank's air conditioner farting all over the neighborhood!

Right. :roll:

So... all of that, the TLDR version, is my way of saying that I'm... sorry I haven't been paying enough attention.

Really.

I love you guys. lol

On that note: I'm looking to get Voc Rehab to pay for a class in Wordpress that will enable me to create my own website where I will post all of my writing and links to any youtube videos I upload in case you guys are ever interested in watching me "waste my time" (I'm actually rather proud of my flying in Elite Dangerous. I'm nearly a triple elite pilot who prefers flight assist off (newtonian physics) which lets me vector in one direction and orient in another... very handy in combat). In addition a near-future-big-project is going to be the act of taking every single chapter of all three of the stories I've posted on this forum and, one by one, getting them ready for upload onto Cranky Old Gamer... which already exists I...ah... just don't know how to do anything with it.

Oh, one more little detail: my gaming computer is currently in pieces. My MOBO died. Not sure if it took a couple video cards with it, either. I have the pieces to rebuild the rig but... since it's NOT been a distraction I've found myself spending more time practicing yoga and -gasp!- actually getting out of the house. (Still a work in progress).

I need someplace quiet, you know? Far away from traffic, off a lonely road where I can hear the birds and go for long walks in the woods with my dog. Hell, I'd even like to chop my own firewood, you know? All right, that's enough of me inflicting my crap on all of you.

Cheers, mates. Thanks for calling me back and... I'll get back to work. ;)
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:57

Glad you're still alive, even if irritated. Hope your school thing works well.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 20:43

Thanks, mate.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 05:22

Glad you're still rocking, despite all the annoyances in your last post.
Great DiD-based Story:

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 14:14

Thanks Zap. Glad to see you're still with us too, mate.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 13:14

H'nt flicked a glance at the clock. It was stuck. He'd have to report to maintenance. The second hand clicked forward, then back, then forward again in an endless cycling loop. Had he not been Ea't's brother he would have been irritated. The plasma blast that hit the clock was slightly more annoying.

'That was antique.' he complained.

'Now it is art piece.' C'lt snorted.

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 15:40

Ten years ago, today. It's been quite a journey.
Great DiD-based Story:

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 00:09

Wow.
Thanks, Zap.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 00:13

Just you all know: I know how the story will rest. I can't say that it will end but I do know where Prodigal Son will finish.
I'm still working on putting together a web site upon which I will publish. I confess, with the ability to accept donations and perhaps make a living writing I would devote more time to it. Learning new things is something I've developed some hurdles with, however. I'm still running but... sometimes those frackers catch me up and I fall on my face.
Anyway.
Yeah... thanks Zap. And thanks to all of you who are still checking in on this old story.
Much love.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 05:01

Glad you're still kicking back when they turn up. Thanks for the great ride.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 10. Dec 20, 04:25

I'll admit I'm both glad I got to read this amazing story, immensely grateful for the fact that I could contribute to it, and sad that something that has been a part of my life for what is soon to be ten years will come to an end.

It has been an absolutely fantastic ride, with a lot of great contributors along the way, and I don't think I'm alone when I say I'm very happy I got to be a part of it. Thank you for letting me play along.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 17:20

You are definitely not alone.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 28. Dec 20, 05:50

In the spirit of _Zap_ - Ten years ago, on this day, the most awesome of journeys started. I've actually been re-reading From Nothing over the past couple of months, and it's still as good as I remember it. Again, thank you to Scion and all who contributed. You all came together and helped make this an epic journey that, at least in my opinion, rival that of professional writers. There's a reason I still check in here regularly, ten years later.

And to all who left us for one reason or another - I hope you're doing well. And if you stop by, know that your creations are still very much appreciated.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 13:02

It's too quiet in here ...

*pulls out a fresh pool noodle, gently noodles Scion once or twice, and then goes back to hibernation*

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 16:30

And now for something totally different - TRIPLE POST!

*unpacks the usual fresh pool noodle and gently noodle Scion, while noticing that the noodle has gone a bit stale*

Hm ... Time to buy a new batch, perhaps? :gruebel:

Jokes aside, hope you're still doing all right, Scion. *crosses fingers*

That's all, folks. Nothing more to see here.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Sat, 8. May 21, 21:37

Gday again you glorious nerds.
Its been a long time, and a tale on youtube about a community from a long lost forum reconnecting inspired me to come back. if even for a moment.
That tale gave me the drive to say what i think, before i am unable to do so for whatever reason (forums shut down, people leaving or a global apocalypse)

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for the amazing ride this was, when i first came about here i was, at least mentally, an immature child incredibly over-excited being able to join in stories like this, even trying to write my own, fueled solely by the fire you guys lit in me. (i could never match ya'll!)

Looking back on all this, its been great memories that have held in my mind forever, and have definitely shaped me as a person since then..
Your imagination fueled my desire to create.
Your writings inspired me to consume books and stories all the time.
and the community you made here has been my mental template for any community i try to be apart of. One that is open, accepting, and a bright shining light.
I hope to see the story's end someday, Scion your a legend without compare, as the community here is the same.

So thank you to you all!
Nathancros (i haven't used this name in YEARS.)
P.S If you see Wingnutcros anywhere on the internet.. ask if its me!
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 13. May 21, 01:47

Nathancros wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 21:37
Gday again you glorious nerds.
Its been a long time, and a tale on youtube about a community from a long lost forum reconnecting inspired me to come back. if even for a moment.
That tale gave me the drive to say what i think, before i am unable to do so for whatever reason (forums shut down, people leaving or a global apocalypse)

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for the amazing ride this was, when i first came about here i was, at least mentally, an immature child incredibly over-excited being able to join in stories like this, even trying to write my own, fueled solely by the fire you guys lit in me. (i could never match ya'll!)

Looking back on all this, its been great memories that have held in my mind forever, and have definitely shaped me as a person since then..
Your imagination fueled my desire to create.
Your writings inspired me to consume books and stories all the time.
and the community you made here has been my mental template for any community i try to be apart of. One that is open, accepting, and a bright shining light.
I hope to see the story's end someday, Scion your a legend without compare, as the community here is the same.

So thank you to you all!
Nathancros (i haven't used this name in YEARS.)
P.S If you see Wingnutcros anywhere on the internet.. ask if its me!
G'day to you too, my old partner in squee.
It has been a long time indeed, but it's nice to see that some of the old crew is still alive and kicking. And thank you for joining in. The pure, unfiltered excitement you brought to this story gave it extra ... I don't know if "color" is the right word, but I'll go with that anyway. It was different, and I'll happily admit I liked the squeees. Even if the admins had to intervene a couple of times, because the forum wasn't equipped to handle all those Es.

Regarding memories I think all of us who participated have some. With Scion at the helm we ended up creating something truly epic, and I for one am willing to put this story up there with Nuklear Slug and the likes. In my case it was the first time I ventured outside my tiny group of friends/test readers, and boy was I nervous when I posted Gin's introduction. While I personally won't go as far as to say this story shaped me as a person, it definitely shaped me as a writer. It drove me to improve my craft and sharpen my skills as a writer, and for that I am forever grateful. Not to mention the mad scrambles I often had to do when Scion messaged me to ask about various details or some background info, and I had to pull something out of some un-sunny orifice (thanks for that one, Triaxx) that was still consistent and in line with what I had written previously.

I hope to see this story's end someday as well. And yes, Scion is indeed a legend for writing this story, as well as for his amazing ability to understand characters that were created by a bunch of very different people, and for keeping it all at least somewhat coherent.

Again, thank you for joining us, and thank you for being here. You, and all who participated, made this story unique and precious. It was a once in a lifetime experience, and I'm glad I was here for it.

And if this is farewell, then have one last SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the road.
Take care, Nathancros. I'll miss you, you ol' bugger.

- Z.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “Creative Universe”