[AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Zaitsev
x4

Re: [AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 16:16

Scion Drakhar wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 03:04
Triaxx, you will now be required to assist writing any scene that involves several Terran weasels, bucket of red paint, and one dozen jelly donuts.

btw - I'm working on the next chapter. This means prod me incessantly until it is posted. Your interest facilitates momentum. But it got interesting, right? I wish I could take the credit but I tell you these characters now walk and talk on their own.

PS - Don't count the Black Queen out just yet.
Update noodling schedule to once a week, aye. ;)

Speaking of which ... *finds a fresh pool noodle and noodles Scion*
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 01:55

I mean... I know already what he's planning. So.. you know, just ask. :D
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 17:38

Triaxx2 wrote:
Tue, 3. Mar 20, 01:55
I mean... I know already what he's planning. So.. you know, just ask. :D
Suuuure ... :sceptic:

At the risk of sounding rude; In this particular case I trust you about as far as I can throw you. And since, y'know, there's an entire ocean between us it's going to be difficult to throw you at all.

If you don't mind I think I'll stick to my noodles. ;)

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 20:12

Ok, yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and join Z with the noodling :P
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 22:36

Oh, no, I mean I know what Ea't's planning. I can only guess at what Scion's doing.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 15:42

Triaxx2 wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 22:36
Oh, no, I mean I know what Ea't's planning. I can only guess at what Scion's doing.
Aaaah ...

Well, the weasels and the bucket of paint gave me some potentially (un)savory mental images, but I'm at a loss when it comes to the jelly donuts. Donuts are good though. Now I want donuts. Must pick up some when I come home from work, me thinks.

*takes the opportunity to noodle Scion while I'm here*

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

cyk1682
x2

Post by cyk1682 » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 06:59

Yay more larceny and pillaging.

Seriously though Scion this thread and the creative form are the only reason I keep coming back to the Egosoft site in recent years.
I have been here lurking in the back ground since the start of this mess and plan to stick around till the end.
all i can say is "Can I have some MORE?"

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 22:26

I love hearing from you guys. And yes, cyk1682, you can... although it does take a little time... err... especially when I get distracted and, right now, a community that I am involved with in another game is involved in a pretty intense push to control certain regions of space and I'm feeling motivated to participate. But every time you noodle me I think about the story. Questions go through my mind and answers start to materialize.

So aye. I've got a real good sense of the story's future and it is unfolding nicely. I do hope you enjoy it. :D
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 13. Mar 20, 22:34

Scion Drakhar wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 22:26
I love hearing from you guys. And yes, cyk1682, you can... although it does take a little time... err... especially when I get distracted and, right now, a community that I am involved with in another game is involved in a pretty intense push to control certain regions of space and I'm feeling motivated to participate. But every time you noodle me I think about the story. Questions go through my mind and answers start to materialize.

So aye. I've got a real good sense of the story's future and it is unfolding nicely. I do hope you enjoy it. :D
Sounds good, and I don't think I'm alone when I say I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Speaking of which, it's time for another noodling.

*find a fresh pool noodle and noodles Scion with it*

That is all. Return to your stations. :D

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 23:57

Mister Scion? It's been over a week, so it is time for some noodling again.

*find a fresh pool noodle and noddles Scion*

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Tue, 24. Mar 20, 03:39

Thanks, Z.

Have no fear. The next chapter was already open and being worked on in another window when I felt the need to check this forum. Or, said another way, I haven't been completely distracted. (Only partially.)

:D
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:04

Quick update: My mobo seems to be going bad and killing gpus. So gaming (and several space battles) are on hold for the next few weeks while I wait on a replacement.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 05:02

Ouch, that sucks.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 03:08

Actually I've got the replacement motherboard. Unfortunately I forgot the thermal paste... which won't be here til Saturday.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 12:53

Ugh, computer problems are never fun.

With that said, it's been two weeks now so I'm gonna take the risk of applying a careful noodling. With a fresh pool noodle, of course.

Hope you're doing well, Scion. :)

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 22. May 20, 23:00

It has now been a month since your last noodling, Mr. Scion. Prepare for another one!

*unwraps a fresh pool noodle and proceeds to noodle Scion*

Hope you're doing well, Scion, and that the computer hiccups have been fixed. *crosses fingers*

Cheers :D

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Mon, 25. May 20, 03:12

*joins the noodling*

Hadn't read the February chapter until now, loving all the action we're seeing in different places.

"You invited me for a meal yet here you are ungrilled." - this had me on the floor for a good while :mrgreen:
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 22:14

All right, it's been almost a month so I think it's time for another noodling.

Hope you're doing all right, Scion. <3

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 19:20

Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with some real life... hmm... not sure what to call them. My daughter has had my attention quite a bit of late and, as a consequence, her mom and I have been in each other's orbit again with all the predictable messiness THAT entails. In addition I've been looking at going back to school again and I haven't been in a classroom since 1995 which means I've been feeling rather out of my depth. AND I think my new downstairs neighbor (the one who invited me to this supposedly peaceful little town in the middle of nowhere which has turned out to be horribly noisy and aggravating all of my neural conditions) may actually be plotting to kill me. And, by that, I mean that she is more heavily armed than a policeman while walking around telling everyone who will listen that she feels threatened by me. :o

Which means that I am, once again, looking for a quiet, peaceful place to write and listen to the birds... as opposed to people screaming profanity into a neighborhood with children, the occasional jackhammer and asphalt paving crew, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, snow-ploughs, large trucks both trundling through and frequently backing up (that bloody sound alone is enough to turn me into Drake on a bad day) and, of course, the never-ending monstrous flatulence of the air conditioner belonging to the bank next door. I tell you, after 2008 my patience for banks is thin at best. I've already done the legwork to put the bank manager in contact with reputable and knowledgeable providers of quiet and efficient fan blades AND explained why and how that is what he needs... as opposed to a fence or conduit to physically obstruct the sound. Neither of which would work and the second indicates a failure to understand how a fan works in an enclosed environment.

I tell you, the sound of that AC is the audio equivalent of chinese water torture.

It's my dawns, you know? When the world is just waking up and feels like it's holding its breath in anticipation of the coming day, when all the birds are a choral cacophony of praise for the coming light... aaaaand then there's that goddamn mother-frakking blight on the peace and tranquility of the very fabric of reality (no really I can prove it) also known as the bank's air conditioner farting all over the neighborhood!

Right. :roll:

So... all of that, the TLDR version, is my way of saying that I'm... sorry I haven't been paying enough attention.

Really.

I love you guys. lol

On that note: I'm looking to get Voc Rehab to pay for a class in Wordpress that will enable me to create my own website where I will post all of my writing and links to any youtube videos I upload in case you guys are ever interested in watching me "waste my time" (I'm actually rather proud of my flying in Elite Dangerous. I'm nearly a triple elite pilot who prefers flight assist off (newtonian physics) which lets me vector in one direction and orient in another... very handy in combat). In addition a near-future-big-project is going to be the act of taking every single chapter of all three of the stories I've posted on this forum and, one by one, getting them ready for upload onto Cranky Old Gamer... which already exists I...ah... just don't know how to do anything with it.

Oh, one more little detail: my gaming computer is currently in pieces. My MOBO died. Not sure if it took a couple video cards with it, either. I have the pieces to rebuild the rig but... since it's NOT been a distraction I've found myself spending more time practicing yoga and -gasp!- actually getting out of the house. (Still a work in progress).

I need someplace quiet, you know? Far away from traffic, off a lonely road where I can hear the birds and go for long walks in the woods with my dog. Hell, I'd even like to chop my own firewood, you know? All right, that's enough of me inflicting my crap on all of you.

Cheers, mates. Thanks for calling me back and... I'll get back to work. ;)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:57

Glad you're still alive, even if irritated. Hope your school thing works well.

Return to “Creative Universe”